2022-2023 Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sounds good for sure!
They told me there are "a few opportunities to do global health research through UConn, however they are limited." Also, they said that some people have set up their own research opportunities abroad independently of UConn. It sounds like there aren't any clinical rotations abroad, though.

Hi! Interviewed 3/20 and I think I remembered them saying we would hear about their decisions before the end of the month. Was just making sure I heard them right and not misremembering.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they are still interviewing applicants/when they stop interviewing?

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! Was hoping for that A but hoping I come off the alternate list. I am not sure on available dates, in my II email they gave me that one date and I accepted it. Also oos
Amazing, thanks so much! I am sorry, WLs can suck....Fingers crossed you get off that list, but I have confidence youll end up exactly where you belong :)

My friend who was on admissions for uconn med as a student there said only top 10% of those on alternate list are considered
do you happen to know how many people they even accept onto the list & also if writing a LOI is beneficial or just considered annoying & also if they tell you your ranking

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them over a week ago asking if they were still sending out interview invites and never got a response. I am going to try calling today and asking. They are the last school I haven't heard from and I am SO ready to be done... I'll let y'all know if they give me any information!

Reactions: 2 users
Just called - they were very nice and let me know that the interview season has wrapped up. We should be receiving the rejection this week. She said it has just been a bit delayed since they send it out in bulk. :)

do you happen to know how many people they even accept onto the list & also if writing a LOI is beneficial or just considered annoying & also if they tell you your ranking
To be honest I have no clue about numbed but I know they don’t accept LOI. They do not release ranking, they didn’t last year even when I inquired about percentile. I’m on the WL again this year and emailed for updates multiple times last summer and got nothing until my rejection in august. But I do know someone who got off the waitlist two days before matriculation

How long did it take you guys to get your financial aid package after submitting W2s & tax returns? I'm still waiting to hear about loans and it's making me sweat a bit lol

I received financial aid package early this month. I submitted the requirements last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the R.

Never submitted my secondary though so I am curious if they really paid "careful attention to my... extracurricular activities and letters of recommendation" as they claim considering I was never complete........

Reactions: 4 users
Finally got my last rejection! Thank you UConn for allowing me to close my spreadsheet after ~9 months!

Got the R.

Never submitted my secondary though so I am curious if they really paid "careful attention to my... extracurricular activities and letters of recommendation" as they claim considering I was never complete........
:')))) this is ... hopeful .... </3

It really is! I also sent another update this week and they said they dont accept them after an admissions decision is made :(
Gosh, I’m sorry :( Rest assured that you have done your part and put your best foot forward—I’m positive that reflected well on you! We’ve got wonderful things ahead of us 💙

• Care
Just got the acceptance off the waitlist this morning! Is there a groupchat or facebook link?

Any word on if we're being told our approximate rank on the alternate list this year?

Does anyone know where we can find their match list?

Are there any current students I can ask some questions?

Unfortunately it's just been silence since I was put on the alternate list in February. Wondering how much waitlist movement they even have left at this point
Dang, February! I was WL late March. You're probably right. Uconn would have been amazing but I'm grateful to have been accepted to med school this cycle.

Got the acceptance yesterday!! With the CTE being over a week ago, I though it was all over! I hope this means there's more movement left for those who are still waiting!