2022-2023 Connecticut

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sounds good for sure!
They told me there are "a few opportunities to do global health research through UConn, however they are limited." Also, they said that some people have set up their own research opportunities abroad independently of UConn. It sounds like there aren't any clinical rotations abroad, though.
 
Hi! Interviewed 3/20 and I think I remembered them saying we would hear about their decisions before the end of the month. Was just making sure I heard them right and not misremembering.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend who was on admissions for uconn med as a student there said only top 10% of those on alternate list are considered
do you happen to know how many people they even accept onto the list & also if writing a LOI is beneficial or just considered annoying & also if they tell you your ranking
 
I emailed them over a week ago asking if they were still sending out interview invites and never got a response. I am going to try calling today and asking. They are the last school I haven't heard from and I am SO ready to be done... I'll let y'all know if they give me any information!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do you happen to know how many people they even accept onto the list & also if writing a LOI is beneficial or just considered annoying & also if they tell you your ranking
To be honest I have no clue about numbed but I know they don’t accept LOI. They do not release ranking, they didn’t last year even when I inquired about percentile. I’m on the WL again this year and emailed for updates multiple times last summer and got nothing until my rejection in august. But I do know someone who got off the waitlist two days before matriculation
 
How long did it take you guys to get your financial aid package after submitting W2s & tax returns? I'm still waiting to hear about loans and it's making me sweat a bit lol
 
Got the R.

Never submitted my secondary though so I am curious if they really paid "careful attention to my... extracurricular activities and letters of recommendation" as they claim considering I was never complete........
:')))) this is ... hopeful .... </3
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unfortunately it's just been silence since I was put on the alternate list in February. Wondering how much waitlist movement they even have left at this point
Dang, February! I was WL late March. You're probably right. Uconn would have been amazing but I'm grateful to have been accepted to med school this cycle.