You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Creighton
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
carrotsandhummus
Full Member
I thought it was super chill, I would just know your application well. The interviews were open file, and both my interviewers asked some very specific questions about what I had done/why I had done it/what its impact was. I had a ton of time to ask questions as well (my student interview was 10 minutes, the other 20 I was just asking questions and we got to talk for a bit) so make sure you go with enough questions to fill the interview if necessary. Any questions not related to my application were pretty expected and not stressful at all.How was everyone's experience with the interview so far? Chill or stressful? Any tips would be appreciated! Interviewing in a few days 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very chill and such nice students and faculty! Felt like a regular conversation, they really just want to get to know you 🙂 good luckHow was everyone's experience with the interview so far? Chill or stressful? Any tips would be appreciated! Interviewing in a few days 🙂
Anyone know when scholarship info has gone out in prior years?
Anyone know when scholarship info has gone out in prior years?
Last year’s thread I saw a lot of people getting their financial aid around la tree April and May
appstruggles
New Member
Has anyone heard anything this week? I interviewed during the week of 10/24 and my thank you message disappeared last Thursday but I have not heard anything this week. Is anyone else experiencing something similar?
Generally speaking there are very few R's given post interview. If you are not a jerk and your English is acceptable you will get an A or WL. There is a ton of WL movement. Even getting an interview is a huge accomplishment. Many highly accomplished applicants can go the cycle without an interview.Is it true that everyone who gets an II either gets in or goes on the WL? Interviewing this Thursday!!
Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, scholarship? There are generally two types of scholarships, institutional aid from the Medical School and non-institutional scholarships (NHSC, Armed Forces, Alumni, etc.). Unless you are very, very special or of a unique demographic in some manner as all accepted are the creme of the crop, institutional aid (scholarships) may be fleeting. Possible, but don't get your hopes up. Creighton, as most medical schools, has no trouble filling seats with highly accomplished applicants overjoyed with acceptance and willing to pay full freight, so why would they pay an applicant to attend? Many matriculants will make a couple hundred thousand dollars a year upon completion of residency. There are thousands of enormously accomplished applicants that go the cycle without an acceptance. Very much different than undergrad schools. The following link advises: Financial Information for School of MedicineAnyone know when scholarship info has gone out in prior years?
They will interview well into next year.Does anyone know how far along they are with II ? I did submit sort of late, around labor day.
Not yet. Early next year I think.Is there an accepted student Groupme or Facebook page?
So when has scholarship info went out in prior yearsHuh, scholarship? There are generally two types of scholarships, institutional aid from the Medical School and non-institutional scholarships (NHSC, Armed Forces, Alumni, etc.). Unless you are very, very special or of a unique demographic in some manner as all accepted are the creme of the crop, institutional aid (scholarships) may be fleeting. Possible, but don't get your hopes up. Creighton, as most medical schools, has no trouble filling seats with highly accomplished applicants overjoyed with acceptance and willing to pay full freight, so why would they pay an applicant to attend? Many matriculants will make a couple hundred thousand dollars a year upon completion of residency. There are thousands of enormously accomplished applicants that go the cycle without an acceptance. Very much different than undergrad schools. The following link advises: Financial Information for School of Medicine
So when has scholarship info went out in prior years
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Scholarship timing info would depend on what scholarships you are applying for NHSC etc. I have never heard of anyone, in terms of the Creighton medical school, getting any CUSOM Institutional aid scholarships. Generally, not happenin'. From memory I think from the very little money available candidates are automatically considered for that piece, there may be something akin to a Dean of School of Medicine Partial Scholarship. If you have other scholarship opportunities and cost is a consideration, Creighton COA is average for a private school, you may do better in terms of COA, if accepted to a state subsidized institution you are a resident of and are accepted at. For example, Texas Medical Schools subsidize, the private medical schools cover their cost of education through tuition. See this link: The following link advises for CUSOM with a contact: Financial Information for School of Medicine. Good luck, the cost is scary to be sure, but worth it to pursue your life's ambition, in the service of others through medicine and compassionate care, consistent with the Jesuit mission. Regardless of whether you pursue a career in surgery or a different discipline you will have the financial means to pay back any investment in your education derived through loans.
II received today, complete 8/30
LM 68 OOS
LM 68 OOS
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
Does anyone know if its possible to switch your campus preference? I recently received an interview invite but would want to go to the other campus and I'm not sure whether its possible to request a change/when (before or after interview/acceptance?
+1, are these finalized based on secondaries or is there some wiggle room (like ranking them post acceptance?)
carrotsandhummus
Full Member
When I interviewed, they said we could email the admissions committee if we wanted to change campus preference if we did it by a certain date after the interview (they'll prolly tell you what that date is for you).
II OOS and complete in late Aug!
Tiktaaalik
Full Member
II OOS and complete in late Aug!
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing stats?
LM 67-68 (GPA did have a sharp upward trend) and WARS was around mid 70s I think 🙂. Def on the lower side for stats (and I'm ORM)! I hope my story+activities can convince creighton to accept me hahaCongrats!! Would you mind sharing stats?
When I interviewed, they said we could email the admissions committee if we wanted to change campus preference if we did it by a certain date after the interview (they'll prolly tell you what that date is for you).
+1
Thank you! Changing campus preference wouldn't have a negative affect on admissions chances, right?
During my interview it did not seem like that would have any bearing.
premed2645
Full Member
Acceptance 11:00 am CST today, OOS
Hi all,
Does anyone have suggestions about the mandatory 2 hour session on Friday? It is a brief presentation (30 mins) and then a Q & A (1hr 30 mins). What is the attire for this? I would likely do this at work in a private room because otherwise, I would hate to take off another day of work because my actual interviews are 2 days prior. Do I need to bring a suit and tie? What is everyone's experience with this session? Is it more casual or are we still being "graded" and could get docked if we are not in a suit. I can bring a suit to work if need be, no worries. Lol, I know this is probably a silly question. Thanks all.
Does anyone have suggestions about the mandatory 2 hour session on Friday? It is a brief presentation (30 mins) and then a Q & A (1hr 30 mins). What is the attire for this? I would likely do this at work in a private room because otherwise, I would hate to take off another day of work because my actual interviews are 2 days prior. Do I need to bring a suit and tie? What is everyone's experience with this session? Is it more casual or are we still being "graded" and could get docked if we are not in a suit. I can bring a suit to work if need be, no worries. Lol, I know this is probably a silly question. Thanks all.
Just went to an admitted students day. They said institutional aid would start going out in the next few weeks and is rolling. 5 mil in aid is given out between both campuses, and I assume this includes need based aid. The main categories of aid not based on FAFSA are the Dean's awards (first gen, URM, etc) and Creighton Family (academics, service, leadership). They also have an annual Magis scholarships based on service as well as aid for those going into primary care fields including psych and ob/gyn. Hope this is helpful for those wondering!Anyone know when scholarship info has gone out in prior years?
Just went to an admitted students day. They said institutional aid would start going out in the next few weeks and is rolling. 5 mil in aid is given out between both campuses, and I assume this includes need based aid. The main categories of aid not based on FAFSA are the Dean's awards (first gen, URM, etc) and Creighton Family (academics, service, leadership). They also have an annual Magis scholarships based on service as well as aid for those going into primary care fields including psych and ob/gyn. Hope this is helpful for those wondering!
Does this mean that need based goes out later? Filling out FAFSA this week lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was pretty chill and I don't think we were being graded! I would still reccomend wearing interview atire because that is what most people were wearing. We had the chance to introduce ourselves to the dean and ask questions. We then went into breakout rooms with current students and had a Q&A. Ended the day with a presentation from the admissions directors and got some info on when to expect our decision results. Overall it was really informative!Hi all,
Does anyone have suggestions about the mandatory 2 hour session on Friday? It is a brief presentation (30 mins) and then a Q & A (1hr 30 mins). What is the attire for this? I would likely do this at work in a private room because otherwise, I would hate to take off another day of work because my actual interviews are 2 days prior. Do I need to bring a suit and tie? What is everyone's experience with this session? Is it more casual or are we still being "graded" and could get docked if we are not in a suit. I can bring a suit to work if need be, no worries. Lol, I know this is probably a silly question. Thanks all.
I would assume so, but tbh I have no reason to believe that other than just anecdotes hahaDoes this mean that need based goes out later? Filling out FAFSA this week lol
II today, OOS! Dates available were for Dec 5-8 so next week.
nice! when were you complete?II today, OOS! Dates available were for Dec 5-8 so next week.
Mine was out by 9amDoes anyone know what time the admissions results come out exactly?
Mine was out by 9am
+1
9 am central time? Thanks so much and congrats on your acceptance!!Mine was out by 9am
Thank you!! I actually saw an invite to the accepted students day in my portal the night before around 10pm PST (12am central time) and then the next morning I received an acceptance email at 9am PST 🙂9 am central time? Thanks so much and congrats on your acceptance!!
that's gotta be a nice surprise albeit slightly confusing. 🤣Thank you!! I actually saw an invite to the accepted students day in my portal the night before around 10pm PST (12am central time) and then the next morning I received an acceptance email at 9am PST 🙂
My acceptance email came closer to 10am PST.
Just got the Dean Scholarship for $35K a year!
AAHHHHHHHHHH!! GO THICCY GO THICCY!!!!
Did you get an email btw?
I did!!! <3AAHHHHHHHHHH!! GO THICCY GO THICCY!!!!
Did you get an email btw?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine has also gone awayIf we still see the thank you message on our portal and we are waiting for decisions to come out tmr is that a bad sign? For accepted students when did the thank you message no longer show up?
If you still have the thank you message that just means they have not made a decision on your application yet. My message went away 4 days before I got a decision 🙂If we still see the thank you message on our portal and we are waiting for decisions to come out tmr is that a bad sign? For accepted students when did the thank you message no longer show up?
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
If you still have the thank you message that just means they have not made a decision on your application yet. My message went away 4 days before I got a decision 🙂
Recently interviewed but have never once seen a thank you message, under what tab did y’all see it?
Thank you!! I am guessing my decision will likely come out next week in that case! Fingers crossed 🙂If you still have the thank you message that just means they have not made a decision on your application yet. My message went away 4 days before I got a decision 🙂
