You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Don’t let this get you down. There’s still plenty of time left and your future is still as bright as everJust received a hold, complete 7/25 :') Wishing you guys the best!
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
On a Sunday?? Drexel have mercyJust received a hold, complete 7/25 :') Wishing you guys the best!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a nice collection of holds currently 🥹✌🏼On a Sunday?? Drexel have mercy
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
Same, 5 holds already. Didn't realize how common they were. It's not over until its over though, keep your head up!I have a nice collection of holds currently 🥹✌🏼
Receiving a hold on a Sunday is crazy LOL I don't know if holds at Drexel are considered soft Rs but I'll continue to stay optimistic.
Receiving a hold on a Sunday is crazy LOL I don't know if holds at Drexel are considered soft Rs but I'll continue to stay optimistic.
Not sure what’s better at this point, a hold or not hearing back… sigh
just received a hold lol…. thx drexel, happy sunday!
I haven’t done much research but is a hold a soft R? just wanna move past it if that’s the occasion lol
I haven’t done much research but is a hold a soft R? just wanna move past it if that’s the occasion lol
just received a hold lol…. thx drexel, happy sunday!
I haven’t done much research but is a hold a soft R? just wanna move past it if that’s the occasion lol
Receiving a hold on a Sunday is crazy LOL I don't know if holds at Drexel are considered soft Rs but I'll continue to stay optimistic.
If y'all don't mind saying, when did you submit? I'm sitting here like
July 24thIf y'all don't mind saying, when did you submit? I'm sitting here like
View attachment 359973
Word I probably have another month to agonize then lolJuly 24th
la vida loca
Full Member
For those who received holds, did you get emails about it or was it on your portal? Current status for me says “app is ready”.
E.Chen
Full Member
Completed July 30, I received it by emails, 512& 3.82For those who received holds, did you get emails about it or was it on your portal? Current status for me says “app is ready”.
complete 7/26If y'all don't mind saying, when did you submit? I'm sitting here like
View attachment 359973
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got an emailFor those who received holds, did you get emails about it or was it on your portal? Current status for me says “app is ready”.
That's so interesting, I have no idea... I was complete on 7/2 and still haven't heard anythingI submitted it on 9/20 and received the hold after two days. Why? Did they actually get a chance to review my application?
That's so interesting, I have no idea... I was complete on 7/2 and still haven't heard anything
Sameee
goodvibesandIIs
Full Member
hold today, complete 8/3
Same here.I submitted it on 9/20 and received the hold after two days. Why? Did they actually get a chance to review my application?
App complete 9/24 (Saturday). Hold just now 9/27 (Tuesday) 9 AM.
IS, Philly resident, 3.4, 518. No red flags other than being awesome and app being complete this late.
does Drexel do their rejections in waves? If so anyone know when their first wave typically is?
What do you think it means if I submitted early august and have not heard any news yet?? 🫣
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
I submitted mid-July and haven't heard anythingWhat do you think it means if I submitted early august and have not heard any news yet?? 🫣
It kind of seems like Drexel is going all over the place with sending out holds and IIs. I was marked complete on 7/4 and I haven't heard anything back yet. Nevertheless, it's important to stay optimistic as there is still a chance that we can receive IIs from them. Wishing you guys the best!What do you think it means if I submitted early august and have not heard any news yet?? 🫣
its really impossible to know at this point, there are plenty of people in previous years that submitted july-august that received IIs months after submission, but there are also those who didn't receive a hold in those time frames that also received pre-II Rs. I want to think silence is at least not a bad thing right now, but drexel seems rather unpredictable.What do you think it means if I submitted early august and have not heard any news yet?? 🫣
la vida loca
Full Member
Same here! Submitted early July and have not heard anything. Hoping that no news is good news. Has anyone got rejections yet?That's so interesting, I have no idea... I was complete on 7/2 and still haven't heard anything
I've read posts by current students on the pages for various medical schools, who said they received II emails in the Winter/Spring, right up until February, and they managed to get accepted. As much as we all eagerly await IIs and decisions ASAP, and keep convincing ourselves that not hearing back is a reason to actively worry, I have seen enough evidence on SDN forums that this may not necessarily be the case. Honestly, that is giving me hope and keeping me sane because yes, from now until March is indeed a long time to wait, to experience feelings of anxiety, to combat uncertainty. This is a highly stressful process for all of us, sending a big comforting hug to everyone.
Same here! Submitted early July and have not heard anything. Hoping that no news is good news. Has anyone got rejections yet?
Sameeee
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
la vida loca
Full Member
Did you or your friends ever get holds that turned into II? Or was it silent for you guys until your II?current M1 here - i didn't hear anything from Drexel until late Oct when they sent me an II. I have friends who interviewed in Feb/March and are also M1s here. this process sucks but be patient and don't look too much into schools being silent!
Personally, I was never placed on hold. I'm not entirely sure about my friends, though.Did you or your friends ever get holds that turned into II? Or was it silent for you guys until your II?
Drexel may have a cutoff date. Any applications received after that date, Drexel is probably not going to review it.Same here.
App complete 9/24 (Saturday). Hold just now 9/27 (Tuesday) 9 AM.
IS, Philly resident, 3.4, 518. No red flags other than being awesome and app being complete this late.
If that's the case, why is their deadline in December?Drexel may have a cutoff date. Any applications received after that date, Drexel is probably not going to review it.
Just a guess!If that's the case, why is their deadline in December?
For the secondary $$If that's the case, why is their deadline in December?
D
deleted1144053
complete 7/25 and nothing yet
uthrowaway98130
Full Member
complete 07/05 and nothing[emoji17]
Compete first week of July and no communications yet
This is absolutely not true. I'm a current M1 who was a reapplicant, and my first time interviewing at Drexel I submitted in early October and got an interview in February. Obviously I didn't get in (waitlisted that year), but every admissions member I talked to then indicated that getting an interview meant everything on paper was something they liked (re: still considered despite a late submission).If that's the case, why is their deadline in December?
Please don't add unnecessary stress on yourself based on speculation and rumors, this process is stressful enough 🥲
Also editing to add that this past cycle, I submitted in August and still interviewed in February and got in this time so there really is no rhyme or reason to figuring out this timeline.
Last edited:
Forumstalker
New Member
Well said! And thank you for sharing.This is absolutely not true. I'm a current M1 who was a reapplicant, and my first time interviewing at Drexel I submitted in early October and got an interview in February. Obviously I didn't get in (waitlisted that year), but every admissions member I talked to then indicated that getting an interview meant everything on paper was something they liked (re: still considered despite a late submission).
Please don't add unnecessary stress on yourself based on speculation and rumors, this process is stressful enough 🥲
Also editing to add that this past cycle, I submitted in August and still interviewed in February and got in this time so there really is no rhyme or reason to figuring out this timeline.
Do you mind sharing your stats? Would appreciate it. Also, were you on hold ?This is absolutely not true. I'm a current M1 who was a reapplicant, and my first time interviewing at Drexel I submitted in early October and got an interview in February. Obviously I didn't get in (waitlisted that year), but every admissions member I talked to then indicated that getting an interview meant everything on paper was something they liked (re: still considered despite a late submission).
Please don't add unnecessary stress on yourself based on speculation and rumors, this process is stressful enough 🥲
Also editing to add that this past cycle, I submitted in August and still interviewed in February and got in this time so there really is no rhyme or reason to figuring out this timeline.
D
deleted1144871
Hold today, submitted early July. I’m going to withdraw my application. Good luck y’all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too🙁complete 7/25 and nothing yet
Im guessing you got good news somewhere else?Hold today, submitted early July. I’m going to withdraw my application. Good luck y’all!
D
deleted1144871
I have other IIs, yes, so I am withdrawing from schools I am less interested in so hopefully more interested people have a better chance.Im guessing you got good news somewhere else?
Many thanks from all of us in the trenchesI have other IIs, yes, so I am withdrawing from schools I am less interested in so hopefully more interested people have a better chance.