2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As someone on two waitlists, I am just wondering how I am supposed to plan my life for the next year. I am assuming that it is the best bet to just act like I will not get an acceptance and reapply for med school, but I just don't understand how the logistics of getting off the waitlist so late, like late June or July would work. Can you even find housing for the start of the semester at that point? Is it better to just reapply and if you get an acceptance that late to not take it? As a planner, sitting on my hands is just not something that I know how to do lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
As someone on two waitlists, I am just wondering how I am supposed to plan my life for the next year. I am assuming that it is the best bet to just act like I will not get an acceptance and reapply for med school, but I just don't understand how the logistics of getting off the waitlist so late, like late June or July would work. Can you even find housing for the start of the semester at that point? Is it better to just reapply and if you get an acceptance that late to not take it? As a planner, sitting on my hands is just not something that I know how to do lol.

Exactly the same boat. Deferred here and one other WL. Definitely gotta plan on reapplying and get materials ready. If things work out and you get accepted, no matter how late, just withdraw all applications and go. It’s difficult logistically but try to work something out, by staying with a classmate while looking for housing or whatever. A few months of anxiety and inconvenience beats another whole year of anxiety and uncertainty

Reactions: 6 users
I would say to probably plan as if you are going to reapply, but also start looking for housing options for the schools that you are waitlisted at and be prepared to move, sign a lease, etc. ASAP if you receive an A. You can get housing settle within a month if you planned ahead. Also if you don't accept the offer this cycle, you never know if that opportunity will even come by the next cycle and whether you will be in a similar situation on the waitlist again.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would recommend you plan to reapply. My friend was in a similar boat except he had one interview and was on their waitlist. He did everything to re-apply and even submitted his primary. He got off the waitlist in June for his school and was able to get the money back from AMCAS for his primary. He was still glad he did everything to reapply because by the time he heard back, he would have been delayed for the new cycle. Hope this helps and sorry to hear you’re in this position. You’ll make an amazing doctor one day, don’t forget that!

Reactions: 3 users
My guess is that since they are behind like they were last year according to the last year’s sdn thread, that people on W or deferred will hear back in late june

And people last year were speculating that since it is late June, ppl without any other acceptances are favored in WL movement since they want to fill the class ASAP at that point. No more time to offer a spot only to be withdrawn.

Honestly don’t know what to make of it

Reactions: 1 user
Damn was hoping they would’ve gotten to early march interviews by now 😭

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
how long after being accepted/ submitting FAFSA did people find out if they got financial aid?

Members don't see this ad :)
And people last year were speculating that since it is late June, ppl without any other acceptances are favored in WL movement since they want to fill the class ASAP at that point. No more time to offer a spot only to be withdrawn.

Honestly don’t know what to make of it
Hey! How would they know if people hold any other acceptances? from LOI?

sorry if this is a dumb q but what is a "post-hold"?
Some people had received a hold prior to an interview here. So instead of saying the overused term “pre-II R”, the revisionist and spicy term “post-hold R” was used

• Care
  • Haha
Accepted from deferral! Overwhelmed with joy! Only A and my top choice!

• Love
Reactions: 23 users
Anyone know how long it takes / the process to find out campus preference?

Congrats!!! very happy for you!! may I ask when you got deferred/interviewed?

Thank you and everyone here for supporting me through the year of anxiety!

I interviewed 1/30, got deferred 4/5.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know how long it takes / the process to find out campus preference?
From when I called the admission office 2 weeks ago, the lady said we should expect 2-3 weeks after paying the deposit and confirming the acceptance to receive campus assignment. However, most of the openings are for West Reading right now according to the lady. I received mine last week (2 weeks after my acceptance) for Philadelphia campus so there’s hope if you’re leaning toward Philadelphia.

Got the A! II late Jan, deferred early April. sent an interest/update letter after getting deffered. Best of luck to all of u who are still waiting

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Anyone deferred in December get an A today?
Edit: nvm scrolled up a bit and saw someone did

I Just realized I got an acceptance letter on 4/24 (I was traveling and not checking my email). I interviewed 2/18. I just let them know today that I am withdrawing from my acceptance because I am committed to another school! Good luck to everyone and I hope this opens a spot for someone else:)

lol I’m deeply regretting my decision to have a early march interview instead of a Feb interview :((((

For those who wrote LOIs, is there any specific format you followed (length, general content, etc)? congrats to everyone that got accepted today off deferral!!!

Got the A today! I’ll most likely be declining though. This was my first interview back in early September and got deferred in October. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

For those who wrote LOIs, is there any specific format you followed (length, general content, etc)? congrats to everyone that got accepted today off deferral!!!
Stuck to a page (went a little over), addressed the letter to Dean Hanau. Had intro paragraph to thank ducom again for the interview and explicitly state this is my top choice med school and I would matriculate if accepted.

The body paragraphs were about my new experiences as well as updates on continuing experiences I had talked about in my initial app. I also mentioned what specific opportunities at ducom I’m aiming to pursue because of these new/old experiences I had.

Final paragraph reiterated my thanks and that I would attend ducom.

Best of luck to everyone!!

Last edited:
Is it still about one day of decisions per week?
Very much deep into prepping for a reapp lol.

Is it still about one day of decisions per week?
Very much deep into prepping for a reapp lol.
It seems like it’s two days now based off of what was reported this week. One for the remaining interviews and one for those who have been previously deferred. We’ll see if something like this happens again next week or if they’ll release more decisions prior to the end of the week.