2022-2023 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 complete early Sept. maybe this wave is for earlier ppl?
I thought that was possible but my primary was submitted the first week of June and secondary days after I received it.

Members don't see this ad.

pre-II R (complete beg July)
Did your email just come in right now? Or did you receive it at the same time as all the people posting today in the thread? Trying to figure out if this is a blanket email or if they are going one at a time.

Or anyone who has received one today...I would appreciate the information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody just get an II now?? With the only available dates in mid April 😭😭

Reactions: 1 user
Did your email just come in right now? Or did you receive it at the same time as all the people posting today in the thread? Trying to figure out if this is a blanket email or if they are going one at a time.

Or anyone who has received one today...I would appreciate the information.

Mine just came out, also completed beginning of July

I interviewed with them in 2020, I always felt a perfect fit for them due to my heavy research and service commitment to the Bronx. I didn’t apply in 2021 to bring my MCAT from a 508 to 516. And I got rejected pre II this time. This is very disappointing
Do you mind if I ask what your research experience was?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dead silence since completion, sent my update about 3 weeks ago. Complete 8/5, updated late January. They never said they received the update or anything is that normal?

Any tips from people who completed the interview? I would really appreciate it.

Any tips from people who completed the interview? I would really appreciate it.
Simple traditional interview. Nothing special about it. Pretty straightforward. Any tips will depend on the person who interviews you tbh

Simple traditional interview. Nothing special about it. Pretty straightforward. Any tips will depend on the person who interviews you tbh
Thanks Puzzles! That’s exactly what I wanted to hear lol. The last thing I want to hear is somebody getting roasted or grilled. Sounds like that really isn’t the case here so great.

Thanks Puzzles! That’s exactly what I wanted to hear lol. The last thing I want to hear is somebody getting roasted or grilled. Sounds like that really isn’t the case here so great.
My interviewer was the nicest guy ever. Super easy to talk to. He truly had read my application, and it showed. Of course that doesn't mean your experience will be like that, but don't sweat it.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
My interviewer was the nicest guy ever. Super easy to talk to. He truly had read my application, and it showed. Of course that doesn't mean your experience will be like that, but don't sweat it.

Thank you so much Puzzles! You are really easing the nerves for me.

I am on the normal WL- does anyone have recs on how to boost myself, outside of sending an email to Dean Kerrigan and an update letter (already sent one pre feb decision)?

Is this school done with interviews? Haven’t heard a peep since I applied end of July?

Reactions: 2 users
They said they're interviewing through April

In the thread it was mentioned that people interviewing now won't hear back until April. But on their website it says this:

"How long will it take until I hear anything after my interview?
Letters of disposition are mailed beginning February 1 and, after then, usually about 2 weeks after interview."

Is this policy outdated or should I expect the short turn around in response?

In the thread it was mentioned that people interviewing now won't hear back until April. But on their website it says this:

"How long will it take until I hear anything after my interview?
Letters of disposition are mailed beginning February 1 and, after then, usually about 2 weeks after interview."

Is this policy outdated or should I expect the short turn around in response?
It’s outdated tbh. At least based on last year’s thread

Does the WL for MSTP also move mostly around in April/ May too?

Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Einstein!

Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):

1. What is your preclinical grading system?
2. How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
3. Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
4. What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
5. What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
6. What is your clinical grading system?
7. What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
8. Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
9. If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
10. How much time do you have for electives?
11. Do you have AOA at Einstein?

Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this :)

62 LM, army medic/veteran and URM. Also from NYC but not a resident currently.

hi for interviews in april are these for the waitlist? and if it is for the waitlist how many people get off of it historically?

Hello! Did any of you get a weird super vague email about being on the waitlist and to email someone separately if they are eager to go to Einstein? Are we supposed to email this person or is it like if you want to??

Hello! Did any of you get a weird super vague email about being on the waitlist and to email someone separately if they are eager to go to Einstein? Are we supposed to email this person or is it like if you want to??
You wanna paste the text of the email?

Post-II R
But I was told they want to consider me for a special enhancement program. Anyone know what this is about? Is this some sort of linkage program?

Last edited:

I think last years applicants concluded that this is high priority waitlist. I think it’s probably best to email them like they said