You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Georgetown
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1 🤪 Re-applicant and interviewed last year, complete 7/24First rejection of the cycle!! 🤪🤪🤪 complete 7/26
Does anyone know what it means if your complete date was passed and you have not received an II or R? I was complete 7/2 and haven't heard anything...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First rejection of the cycle!! [emoji2957][emoji2957][emoji2957] complete 7/26
Same complete 07/24 OOS. It is what it is[emoji1742]
oh man, they're coming for me soon - same complete date!First rejection of the cycle!! 🤪🤪🤪 complete 7/26
UnsolicitedSlug
Full Member
Pre-II R complete 7/22
ihatescience99
Full Member
Pre-II R complete 7/26 514, 3.96 strong EC's
Pre-II R today, complete 7/25 LM 72
Pre-II R today, very sad.
I was complete 7/28 im nervous
Complete 8/11 and even though I logically know I don’t have a chance in hell, I still have that teeny tiny hope in there and that’s what kills me.I was complete 7/28 im nervous
So, is absolute silence (no R or II) even when others past your complete date have heard something considered good or bad news at this point?
Last edited:
pokesalmonfish
mushroomturtle
Reallly not sure but I think no news is good news. If they passed your complete date and didnt send an R that means they are still considering youSo, is absolute silence (no R or II) even when others past your complete date has heard something considered good or bad news at this point?
Yeah, I have this vision of these piles that adcoms create based on their needs (applicants from New England, from URM, East Asians, violinists..whatever) and they just turn to each pile and make decisions, then return to those piles later when the piles get taller so they can compare applicants before making decisions. Just how I am rationalizing what otherwise seems like total chaos. Hang in there everyone!! Hoping great things for us all!!Reallly not sure but I think no news is good news. If they passed your complete date and didnt send an R that means they are still considering you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
blissfullylucid
Full Member
Reallly not sure but I think no news is good news. If they passed your complete date and didnt send an R that means they are still considering you
I've been really anxious about the same issue for the last 2 weeks. I guess a few things to consider adding on to the convo:
While earlier dates you could expect a reliable batch of II/PreII R with submission dates, with an exponential increase in application submissions as dates go along, it'll take longer for each range of submission dates to hear back. Again, no news I'm taking as a soft hold/has not reviewed yet, way better than outright rejection, but of course, best case is being instantly invited for an II.
Pre-II R today 🙁 complete around 6/29. OOS, LizzyM 69, WARS 74. Really wanted this one too, first R, stings a bit.
Yikes, the fact they took so long to tell you is so sad. No one is safe no matter the submission date. Sending you all the good vibes today!
Yeah, it sucks but at least I don't have to wait any longer. Thanks for the support scrappy!! 🙂Yikes, the fact they took so long to tell you is so sad. No one is safe no matter the submission date. Sending you all the good vibes today!
R today. 510, 3.3 cGPA, IA. Complete 8/11. Expected it but still hurts...
+1R today. 510, 3.3 cGPA, IA. Complete 8/11. Expected it but still hurts...
Mr.Shawarma
Full Member
Ladies and gentleman……
The first R of the cycle, and NOT GONNA LIE IT HURTS😭
The first R of the cycle, and NOT GONNA LIE IT HURTS😭
jetzone_premed
Full Member
complete 8/5, rejected earlier today
KenyanArizona
New Member
First pre-II rejection, I knew the possibility of it happening, but it still hurts. LM 71 510 MCAT 4.0 GPA. Received 06/30 Submitted 08/05
DANNCEnDARTY
New Member
Pre-II R today, Complete 8/8
Anyone else complete in like june/july still receive nothing from georgetown? I was complete mid-july and was convinced I was gonna get rejected during the last few weeks but haven't received anything and now i feel like im either holding out false hope or they just forgot about me lmao
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same here! fingers crossed for us!Anyone else complete in like june/july still receive nothing from georgetown? I was complete mid-july and was convinced I was gonna get rejected during the last few weeks but haven't received anything and now i feel like im either holding out false hope or they just forgot about me lmao
galaxyhills
Full Member
For anyone who has gotten an interview recently, what dates were available to choose from?
I received my II on 9/16 and the earliest available interview date was 11/1.For anyone who has gotten an interview recently, what dates were available to choose from?
II received today, completed 8/2
D
deleted1126729
Same! Rejected on 09/29, completed first week of august. First rejection, one of the secondaries I worked hardest on which is sadPre-Interview R issued 9/29. Completed on 7/30. LizzyM and WARS of 70 and 71 respectively. First rejection of the cycle.
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your LM/stats? You can PM if you'd rather do that. And were you IS or OOS?II received today, completed 8/2
Just realized but will Georgetown release their decisions on the 15th?
I was told “10-12 weeks” on my interview day, which would put me from late November to early December.
idt soJust realized but will Georgetown release their decisions on the 15th?
enneagram7w8
Full Member
I was told 10-12 weeks from most, but interviewed their first week so it was suggested that we’d maybe hear back the 15th. They said since the 15th is a Saturday it would be the 14th, but other schools have said it’ll be the 17th since the 15th is a Saturday, so who knows what Georgetown as a school will do exactlyJust realized but will Georgetown release their decisions on the 15th?
blissfullylucid
Full Member
Pre II R, I could feel this one coming, complete 7/11.
Bummed because I thought I was a strong fit, LM 75, WARS 85+, ORM, IS.
Bummed because I thought I was a strong fit, LM 75, WARS 85+, ORM, IS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pugsygirl17
Full Member
Pre-II R, OOS, LM 72, complete early August
beneficial_oven10
Full Member
Pre-II R today. OOS. Complete 8-9-22
Nintendodude
Full Member
Pre-II R as well. OOS complete 8/2/22. Rejected 10/6/22 with an LM of 75.
2024 or 5 ?
Full Member
Rejected. I have significant ties to the DC area, but that clearly did not matter. Although disappointed, I'm glad they did this quickly. Wish this process was much quicker. Why can't schools make decisions by the new year?