You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Georgetown
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LM ORM around 70+, do you think we were yield protected? Their MSAR span is pretty narrow and low. I know Georgetown loves strong fit, but I guess I didn't write that well enough of, but wanna know if yield prot here is a thing I shouldve thought about
Nah people have gotten interviews with LM way higher than 70
hi! orm & lm 70+ here who interviewed w georgetown this cycle! i can concur; i think they are surely thinking about fit. i have several orm, lm 70+ friends with huge social justice/advocacy/health policy focuses who have gotten interviews here. so don't worry if you don't fall into that niche, as they genuinely may have been thinking that you would likely not go there if accepted.LM ORM around 70+, do you think we were yield protected? Their MSAR span is pretty narrow and low. I know Georgetown loves strong fit, but I guess I didn't write that well enough of, but wanna know if yield prot here is a thing I shouldve thought about
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
goodluckpanda!
Full Member
LM ORM around 70+, do you think we were yield protected? Their MSAR span is pretty narrow and low. I know Georgetown loves strong fit, but I guess I didn't write that well enough of, but wanna know if yield prot here is a thing I shouldve thought about
I’m ORM LM 75 and got an interview in July. I think they really look for fit and ties to the region. You could have been both yield protected and you didn’t fit the mission. Most likely they just didn’t think you would go…stats wise you’re def on par for them
blissfullylucid
Full Member
Interesting to try and get the Adcoms psychology. I was "passed over" around my complete date and got the R. Seems like they heavily emphasize their filters, and wonder if you miss the initial grab me II if they still consider you a strong fit.Anyone know if georgetown circles back to give out IIs? Seems like people here who were complete either on or after my complete date received IIs and pre-II Rs but it has been silent for me..
purplepanda27
New Member
I interviewed recently, but I let my nervousness get the better of me and was a mess during my interview, rambling and anxious. This is my top choice, and I know their post-II rate is low. Is all hope lost?
I interviewed recently, but I let my nervousness get the better of me and was a mess during my interview, rambling and anxious. This is my top choice, and I know their post-II rate is low. Is all hope lost?
No hope is lost until R email. You’ve done all you can, take pride in that.
WannaBeMeredithGrey23
New Member
Why does everyone comment OOS. first of all DC is not a state. second of all, Georgetown is a private university. they do not care about ties
Why does everyone comment OOS. first of all DC is not a state. second of all, Georgetown is a private university. they do not care about ties
I think there is a difference in interview rates, at least per that spreadsheet that gets spread around.
In 2021, Georgetown interviewed roughly 1/14 OOS applicants and 13/70 DC-resident applicants. Acceptances we’re about the same, though, with about 43% of OOS applicants admitted and 6/13 in-District applicants admitted, which is like exactly the same. All of the DC applicants admitted also matriculated.
I hate that I had all of those numbers stored in my head. I just want Georgetown to love me.
OP wasn't saying anything about post II acceptancethose aren't the numbers I saw last year it was more like low 30% range for post II acceptance. maybe it varies per year
Thank you! LM 76.4 I believe and I’m OOS.Congrats! Would you mind sharing your LM/stats? You can PM if you'd rather do that. And were you IS or OOS?
just curious where you heard the 14th from? Did someone from the school say this, or is this just speculation? I also interviewed their first week, so I am wondering if I just spaced out when they said this 🤣I was told 10-12 weeks from most, but interviewed their first week so it was suggested that we’d maybe hear back the 15th. They said since the 15th is a Saturday it would be the 14th, but other schools have said it’ll be the 17th since the 15th is a Saturday, so who knows what Georgetown as a school will do exactly
enneagram7w8
Full Member
someone from the school said it (can’t remember who and idk if they had it right or not) but I attended a different group session than my interview week so it’s possible nobody said it in the one you attended!just curious where you heard the 14th from? Did someone from the school say this, or is this just speculation? I also interviewed their first week, so I am wondering if I just spaced out when they said this 🤣
that makes sense because I attended the first week interview info session lolsomeone from the school said it (can’t remember who and idk if they had it right or not) but I attended a different group session than my interview week so it’s possible nobody said it in the one you attended!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureMDCol
Full Member
is been silent for me too. complete in augustAnyone know if georgetown circles back to give out IIs? Seems like people here who were complete either on or after my complete date received IIs and pre-II Rs but it has been silent for me..
oof this terrifies mesomeone from the school said it (can’t remember who and idk if they had it right or not) but I attended a different group session than my interview week so it’s possible nobody said it in the one you attended!
sorry but when was the first week of interviews? Can't tell if I was one of the first or not
First week was August 21stsorry but when was the first week of interviews? Can't tell if I was one of the first or not
pipluprulez
Full Member
Anyone know if georgetown circles back to give out IIs? Seems like people here who were complete either on or after my complete date received IIs and pre-II Rs but it has been silent for me..
don’t worry about completion date. my friend submitted 3 days before me and got an II a whole 2 months before I got mine. i believe some reviewers just take longer than others.
Just got the rejection pre-II
I expected it but still feel sad. Loved the school <\3
I expected it but still feel sad. Loved the school <\3
pigsrock100
Full Member
Pre-II R womp womp :/
First Pre-II R, 8/19 complete
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
first pre-II R 🙁
prefrontalvortex
New Member
Sorry to hear, when were you complete?Pre-II R womp womp :/
Pre-II R today, submitted 8/19. LM 66.
Anyone complete after 8/26 and receive an R? Trying to see how tentatively hopeful I should be. Sending my love to everyone though!! You got this!
I was complete 8/15 and still haven’t heard anything scared out of me pants I am
^ lmao same I am scared I submitted 7/15 and I haven't heard anything yetI was complete 8/15 and still haven’t heard anything scared out of me pants I am
Getting notifications from this thread gave me a heart attack thinking the decisions came out haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
enneagram7w8
Full Member
same so much anxiety each notification !!!!!Getting notifications from this thread gave me a heart attack thinking the decisions came out haha
FutureMDCol
Full Member
complete 08/32 and haven't heard anythingAnyone complete after 8/26 and receive an R? Trying to see how tentatively hopeful I should be. Sending my love to everyone though!! You got this!
8/32?complete 08/32 and haven't heard anything
been complete since 7/28... still silence LOLI was complete 8/15 and still haven’t heard anything scared out of me pants I am
happy_squidward
Full Member
same here, complete 7/10 :/been complete since 7/28... still silence LOL
historically, do they call or email?Any calls today?
Last year, it looks like call and then email couple hours laterhistorically, do they call or email?
ringer volume: [max]Last year, it looks like call and then email couple hours later
ringer volume: [max]
Power move: let it go to voicemail so you have your acceptance recorded forever
HeadEmpty91
Full Member
Looks like people started hearing back on Oct 19 based on last year's thread, not sure if we should expect the same this year!
Manifesting As for tomorrow since Oct 19 last year was a Tuesday hahaLooks like people started hearing back on Oct 19 based on last year's thread, not sure if we should expect the same this year!
FutureMDCol
Full Member
ups meant 08/308/32?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YupEveryone without a II yet, does it say "Your application is ready" on your portal?
FutureMDCol
Full Member
yesEveryone without a II yet, does it say "Your application is ready" on your portal?
thecheddar
Full Member
R received last week 🙁
completed late aug
completed late aug
ivishootingstar
New Member
Anyone heard anything today?
nopeAnyone heard anything today?