-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Hackensack Meridian
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
late october and no word hereAlso mid December and not a word
potatoofmagic
Full Member
So CYMS tool opened today, I was accepted to HMSOM, yet it does not appear on the tool. Worth an email to admissions? Anyone else with acceptances either seeing or not seeing HMSOM on the CYMS tool?
Not seeing it either, and I can see other schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can see HMSOM on the CYMS tool now. It says they submitted my info to AMCAS around 11am EST today. Guess they just procrastinated lol
mid september and no word 🙁late october and no word here
potatoofmagic
Full Member
I can see HMSOM on the CYMS tool now. It says they submitted my info to AMCAS around 11am EST today. Guess they just procrastinated lol
I can now see it also
Why's everyone rushing to enroll in CYMS, from my understanding you gain nothing out of it, especially for this date range I think it's more for the school's sake to figure out how many more people they should interview and accept.
because we are all neurotic and want to confirm that the schools that accepted us *actually* accepted us. 🤣 (at least this is how I felt when I checked this morning)Why's everyone rushing to enroll in CYMS, from my understanding you gain nothing out of it, especially for this date range I think it's more for the school's sake to figure out how many more people they should interview and accept.
can confirm lolbecause we are all neurotic and want to confirm that the schools that accepted us *actually* accepted us. 🤣 (at least this is how I felt when I checked this morning)
Hi friends, I just submitted a letter of interest to the secondary portal under documents. Do you think I need to email the adcom to confirm they received it and added it to my application? Not sure if there's anything automatic about this process lmao
porkrollegg&cheese
New Member
withdrew my A good luck everyone!
You get me on a deep and intimate level, and I do not like that one bitbecause we are all neurotic and want to confirm that the schools that accepted us *actually* accepted us. 🤣 (at least this is how I felt when I checked this morning)
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
Hey everyone just wanted to share this. The school is officially now full accredited. (Can't believe I'm rebooting up my SDN account)
Dr. Uchiha
New Member
Full tuition, as far as I knowAnyone know what the biggest scholarship they can give us ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
heyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey
Full Member
that's awesome! when did you find out?Yes, I was lucky enough to receive a full tuition scholarship
Dr. Uchiha
New Member
I was admitted on the first possible day, which I believe was December 15th if I remember correctly... got word of the scholarship on February 10th so there was a big gap!that's awesome! when did you find out?
yes, same here - I was admitted on 12/14 and got the scholarship email on 2/10I was admitted on the first possible day, which I believe was December 15th if I remember correctly... got word of the scholarship on February 10th so there was a big gap!
captain4250
Full Member
How common is it to receive a full tuition scholarship from Hackensack?
D
deleted1130343
Does this school award based on need, merit, or both? Anyone know?
Dr. Uchiha
New Member
Both! I emailed the financial aid office and they confirmed this. Also, if this is helpful, I asked the average need-based award and they said they have historically given ~$20,000 for people who qualify for FAP.Does this school award based on need, merit, or both? Anyone know?
captain4250
Full Member
I believe they offer both.Does this school award based on need, merit, or both? Anyone know?
lipbalmlover
Full Member
received an email of passed initial review back in nov... did not receive the interview consideration email this week though. would it be worth sending an update?
Has anyone received a II since they sent out that interview consideration email?
I do not even think I got an interview consideration email! So you must be in a very good spot soon then!Has anyone received a II since they sent out that interview consideration email?
I do not even think I got an interview consideration email! So you must be in a very good spot soon then!
eh, we'll see. Personally, I'm still surprised they are apparently still interviewing this late.
D
deleted1156661
any idea how long between interview and decision?
EDIT: went back in the thread and guess i will expect by april 30
EDIT: went back in the thread and guess i will expect by april 30
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all - wanted to share a resource! Here's the link to the HMSOM class of 2027 facebook group for admitted students: Hackensack Meridian SOM Class of 2027 | Facebook
D
deleted1143052
Any admitted students know when we'll hear about financial aid packages?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1130343
Admitted dec 15 still haven’t heard anything about itAny admitted students know when we'll hear about financial aid packages?
Invited for a second interview, first one was early Jan. Is this standard protocol?
I only did one interview for an A but that's def a good signInvited for a second interview, first one was early Jan. Is this standard protocol?
oldfactorynotolfactory
Full Member
Was this today?Invited for a second interview, first one was early Jan. Is this standard protocol?
adg30
Full Member
It's not standard protocol for most schools, but it happens a good bit for this oneInvited for a second interview, first one was early Jan. Is this standard protocol?
Yes!Was this today?
secondary writing weapon
New Member
The full tuition scholarship I received says it's merit-based, so does anyone know if that means I can still receive need-based aid later? Or is it possible that they granted me the scholarship having already taken my financial background into account since I have FAP?
D
deleted1130343
Don’t have an answer for you but when did you get the offer?The full tuition scholarship I received says it's merit-based, so does anyone know if that means I can still receive need-based aid later? Or is it possible that they granted me the scholarship having already taken my financial background into account since I have FAP?
I heard last week about merit based, nothing about need based yetAny admitted students know when we'll hear about financial aid packages?
medschoolapplicant1999
Full Member
I heard last week about merit based, nothing about need based yet
When did you interview/were accepted?
Interviewed 10/10, accepted 12/15 and put my deposit down same nightWhen did you interview/were accepted?
secondary writing weapon
New Member
I got it on Feb 10th, which I believe is the same day a few other ppl on here got it as well.Don’t have an answer for you but when did you get the offer?
potatoofmagic
Full Member
The full tuition scholarship I received says it's merit-based, so does anyone know if that means I can still receive need-based aid later? Or is it possible that they granted me the scholarship having already taken my financial background into account since I have FAP?
I asked their financial aid office this and they said per their policy, the max they could offer was full tuition. So getting a full tuition merit-based scholarship means you can’t get additional need-based aid even if you qualify for it.
D
deleted1130343
Took 8 weeks for meInterviewed 2/17. Anyone have any idea how long after do people usually hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pre-II R after sending an update last week. out of the races this cycle...see you next year
Did you happen to receive the interview consideration email? I was wondering if that even meant anything.pre-II R after sending an update last week. out of the races this cycle...see you next year
September interviewee checking in 🫡Interviewed November 10th.... not a single communication since. Don't love feeling strung along for this long, anybody else in a similar boat?
I didn't get an II, but I'm still being told I'm being on hold for further review. This is taking too long.Interviewed November 10th.... not a single communication since. Don't love feeling strung along for this long, anybody else in a similar boat?