2022-2023 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also received an A this morning around 11:30am (Eastern)
Congrats on the Saturday acceptance!!!!! when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Received the A on Thursday, May 16th! Interviewed on February 23rd.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
February 15 interview gang, any news yet?

Also are all these acceptances to people who are in-state?

Last edited:
I think you also need to take into account the fact that you could appeal your location decision in the past years, whereas this year you can’t. So what’s going on this year is up in the air.
Where is that information said that we can’t appeal this year? I haven’t seen that anywhere on the website, app or emails?

so if we don't hear back at the same time as other ppl who interviewed on the same day, we can assume DD? does anyone know the likelihood of getting off DD/WL? last year, the movement was pretty minimal.

also do they start interviewing for the concentrations after the April 1st deadline or have they already done those interviews as well?

so if we don't hear back at the same time as other ppl who interviewed on the same day, we can assume DD? does anyone know the likelihood of getting off DD/WL? last year, the movement was pretty minimal.
To be honest, If I don't hear back on Monday I'll send an email to admissions or call them depending on how I feel lol. Also even if they DD, they are supposed to email you saying that. Not ghost you.

Is it the consensus that if we have not heard back while others on interview day have, that is DD/WL/R?

Members don't see this ad :)
Only admissions would know. Depends entirely on how conservatively (or freely) they handed out A's + the number of people that turn down offers after April 30th. If they handed out A's like candy and more people accept a spot here than anticipated then there will, unfortunately, be little to no DD/WL movement. Hoping for all our sakes though that new management accepted conservatively and we'll see a lot of movement in the coming months.

also do they start interviewing for the concentrations after the April 1st deadline or have they already done those interviews as well?
You have to interview for those concentrations? I applied GMED before getting a decision. ^.^

Reactions: 1 user
Where is that information said that we can’t appeal this year? I haven’t seen that anywhere on the website, app or emails?
I literally received an email from the admissions office that stated “
When you received notification of your campus assignment, there was text and a link related to a campus appeals process. That was a relic from a process that is no longer in effect. We failed to scrub that language from the campus assignment notification page. The UICOM campus assignment process does not include a procedure for appealing your campus assignment”. Hence, you can’t appeal your decision anymore. Besides when I first applied for campus assignment in my portal, there was a link and info for campus appeals process that’s not there anymore.

do you guys think today will be DD/WL decisions? or any hope left for A's still?
It seems like there is some non-chronological acceptance aka someone who interviewed in February got accepted on Saturday. But I am not getting my hopes up :(

• Sad
does anyone know if DD movement is good this late in the cycle? do they send out post-II R's at uicom?

does anyone know if DD movement is good this late in the cycle? do they send out post-II R's at uicom?
I know a few people who heard back in late April / May I think when people drop their A's to UICOM.

Also DD received today, interviewed 2/15.

I thought they said on interview day that they put most people on DD until the interview season is over? And didn’t the interview season just end this month? Idk that was my understanding based on what they told us in the November interview.. Am I missing something?

I thought they said on interview day that they put most people on DD until the interview season is over? And didn’t the interview season just end this month? Idk that was my understanding based on what they told us in the November interview.. Am I missing something?
I think something like this, but I'm not 100% sure. I know the DD list moves, but I think it's crazy some people are DD'ed since November... Would've been nice to get an A right now, but there may be a chance in the next few months.

also someone posted that at the second look event, they told everyone that all campuses were at capacity by march 25th last year

I think something like this, but I'm not 100% sure. I know the DD list moves, but I think it's crazy some people are DD'ed since November... Would've been nice to get an A right now, but there may be a chance in the next few months.

Ya that’s the boat I’m in unfortunately. Of course I would’ve preferred an A by now and naturally I am worried as well… but I’m trying not to lose all hope.

yeah very true, this is a limited population, i'm just trying to see how the chances look so late in the cycle :(
any success stories of ppl with mcat scores below their average?

yeah very true, this is a limited population, i'm just trying to see how the chances look so late in the cycle :(
any success stories of ppl with mcat scores below their average?
The MSAR has 30% or 100 students with an MCAT of 506 or below. If that makes you feel better :p

DD just now too, interviewed 3/8. I'll take it over getting ghosted lol

Just received DD and interviewed 2/14. Does anyone know if there is another admissions meeting in April? Last years thread looked like they moved everyone to WL. Trying to remain hopeful about the process!

Just received DD and interviewed 2/14. Does anyone know if there is another admissions meeting in April? Last years thread looked like they moved everyone to WL. Trying to remain hopeful about the process!
They meet every third Thursday of every month. So they'll meet on April 20th to decide who to accept, reject, or DD. After April 30th, all DD will be converted to WL

Delayed Decision today, but there is still one more month before we're all put on the official waitlist! Plus there is always movement in May and June! It ain't over til it's over, we got this!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Delayed Decision today, but there is still one more month before we're all put on the official waitlist! Plus there is always movement in May and June! It ain't over til it's over, we got this!
Thanks for the positive words! I’m grateful for people being transparent because it felt like everyone was getting As but it’s actually a pretty similar amount of DD reported and I’m sure there’s reporting bias :) let’s believe in the 80% acceptance rate and hope for the best!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for the positive words! I’m grateful for people being transparent because it felt like everyone was getting As but it’s actually a pretty similar amount of DD reported and I’m sure there’s reporting bias :) let’s believe in the 80% acceptance rate and hope for the best!
Exactly. I know that DD feels like the end of the world, but it's really not. Everyone take a breather and remember that getting an interview at UIC is much harder than getting the A and we've all made it past the major culling. At this point, all anyone can do is send an LOI if applicable, trust in their acceptance statistics, and wait for good news which can come as late as August. Like so many people said SDN is an extremely small sample size, and DD is by no means a soft R. Whether it be due to high OOS cost, dissatisfaction with campus placement, or better school options, many people will turn down their A's. Sit tight!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
thank you guys so much, it means a lot to have support from fellow applicants :) i really hope we all hear good news in the next few months, i'm hoping the 80% acceptance rate stays true this year

Reactions: 2 users
hi! For my accepted peers did ya'll all get the email that invited you to apply for the CEMED concentration?

Reactions: 6 users