You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
Anyone from 3/10 hear back?
Where is that information said that we can’t appeal this year? I haven’t seen that anywhere on the website, app or emails?I think you also need to take into account the fact that you could appeal your location decision in the past years, whereas this year you can’t. So what’s going on this year is up in the air.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
It used to be on the portal but this year they took out the option.Where is that information said that we can’t appeal this year? I haven’t seen that anywhere on the website, app or emails?
And I assume emailing admissions you get the generic “we are not allowing campus appeals, your placement is final” reply.It used to be on the portal but this year they took out the option.
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
I have no idea, lol maybe. I'm still waiting to hear back fingers crossed till next week.And I assume emailing admissions you get the generic “we are not allowing campus appeals, your placement is final” reply.
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
so if we don't hear back at the same time as other ppl who interviewed on the same day, we can assume DD? does anyone know the likelihood of getting off DD/WL? last year, the movement was pretty minimal.
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
also do they start interviewing for the concentrations after the April 1st deadline or have they already done those interviews as well?
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
To be honest, If I don't hear back on Monday I'll send an email to admissions or call them depending on how I feel lol. Also even if they DD, they are supposed to email you saying that. Not ghost you.so if we don't hear back at the same time as other ppl who interviewed on the same day, we can assume DD? does anyone know the likelihood of getting off DD/WL? last year, the movement was pretty minimal.
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
Is it the consensus that if we have not heard back while others on interview day have, that is DD/WL/R?
Only admissions would know. Depends entirely on how conservatively (or freely) they handed out A's + the number of people that turn down offers after April 30th. If they handed out A's like candy and more people accept a spot here than anticipated then there will, unfortunately, be little to no DD/WL movement. Hoping for all our sakes though that new management accepted conservatively and we'll see a lot of movement in the coming months.so if we don't hear back at the same time as other ppl who interviewed on the same day, we can assume DD? does anyone know the likelihood of getting off DD/WL? last year, the movement was pretty minimal.
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
You have to interview for those concentrations? I applied GMED before getting a decision. ^.^also do they start interviewing for the concentrations after the April 1st deadline or have they already done those interviews as well?
I literally received an email from the admissions office that stated “Where is that information said that we can’t appeal this year? I haven’t seen that anywhere on the website, app or emails?
When you received notification of your campus assignment, there was text and a link related to a campus appeals process. That was a relic from a process that is no longer in effect. We failed to scrub that language from the campus assignment notification page. The UICOM campus assignment process does not include a procedure for appealing your campus assignment”. Hence, you can’t appeal your decision anymore. Besides when I first applied for campus assignment in my portal, there was a link and info for campus appeals process that’s not there anymore.
Same!! I hope we get more clarity about our concentration status 🙁You have to interview for those concentrations? I applied GMED before getting a decision. ^.^
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
do you guys think today will be DD/WL decisions? or any hope left for A's still?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems like there is some non-chronological acceptance aka someone who interviewed in February got accepted on Saturday. But I am not getting my hopes up 🙁do you guys think today will be DD/WL decisions? or any hope left for A's still?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
DD just now. losing hope about getting in 🙁
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
does anyone know if DD movement is good this late in the cycle? do they send out post-II R's at uicom?
Just received DD. Interviewed 02/15
Just received DD interviewed 02/14 🙁
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
I know a few people who heard back in late April / May I think when people drop their A's to UICOM.does anyone know if DD movement is good this late in the cycle? do they send out post-II R's at uicom?
Also DD received today, interviewed 2/15.
drgraysno1fan
Full Member
I thought they said on interview day that they put most people on DD until the interview season is over? And didn’t the interview season just end this month? Idk that was my understanding based on what they told us in the November interview.. Am I missing something?
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
I think something like this, but I'm not 100% sure. I know the DD list moves, but I think it's crazy some people are DD'ed since November... Would've been nice to get an A right now, but there may be a chance in the next few months.I thought they said on interview day that they put most people on DD until the interview season is over? And didn’t the interview season just end this month? Idk that was my understanding based on what they told us in the November interview.. Am I missing something?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
last year, it looks like nobody from DD got an A after the april meeting :/
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
also someone posted that at the second look event, they told everyone that all campuses were at capacity by march 25th last year
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
I have a friend who got the A in late May and he interviewed in December. Hold out hope 😀last year, it looks like nobody from DD got an A after the april meeting :/
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
I mean that's what will happen when they hand out 600 offers but only matriculate 300-320.also someone posted that at the second look event, they told everyone that all campuses were at capacity by march 25th last year
drgraysno1fan
Full Member
also someone posted that at the second look event, they told everyone that all campuses were at capacity by march 25th last year
On last years thread someone got an A in like July ?!
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
Also, not everyone uses SDN.
drgraysno1fan
Full Member
I think something like this, but I'm not 100% sure. I know the DD list moves, but I think it's crazy some people are DD'ed since November... Would've been nice to get an A right now, but there may be a chance in the next few months.
Ya that’s the boat I’m in unfortunately. Of course I would’ve preferred an A by now and naturally I am worried as well… but I’m trying not to lose all hope.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
drgraysno1fan
Full Member
Also, not everyone uses SDN.
!!!!!!!!
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
yeah very true, this is a limited population, i'm just trying to see how the chances look so late in the cycle 🙁
any success stories of ppl with mcat scores below their average?
any success stories of ppl with mcat scores below their average?
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
The MSAR has 30% or 100 students with an MCAT of 506 or below. If that makes you feel better 😛yeah very true, this is a limited population, i'm just trying to see how the chances look so late in the cycle 🙁
any success stories of ppl with mcat scores below their average?
Just withdrew my A here, hope it goes to one of you!
Does anyone have an insight if they are still inviting for interviews?
Bennie
Full Member
They meet every third Thursday of every month. So they'll meet on April 20th to decide who to accept, reject, or DD. After April 30th, all DD will be converted to WLJust received DD and interviewed 2/14. Does anyone know if there is another admissions meeting in April? Last years thread looked like they moved everyone to WL. Trying to remain hopeful about the process!
la vida loca
Full Member
I was wondering if you were assigned a campus yet?Just withdrew my A here, hope it goes to one of you!
Yeah, I was assigned to Peoria! Not really my cup of tea and luckily I have another A that is a better fitI was wondering if you were assigned a campus yet?
Thanks for the positive words! I’m grateful for people being transparent because it felt like everyone was getting As but it’s actually a pretty similar amount of DD reported and I’m sure there’s reporting bias 🙂 let’s believe in the 80% acceptance rate and hope for the best!Delayed Decision today, but there is still one more month before we're all put on the official waitlist! Plus there is always movement in May and June! It ain't over til it's over, we got this!
Exactly. I know that DD feels like the end of the world, but it's really not. Everyone take a breather and remember that getting an interview at UIC is much harder than getting the A and we've all made it past the major culling. At this point, all anyone can do is send an LOI if applicable, trust in their acceptance statistics, and wait for good news which can come as late as August. Like so many people said SDN is an extremely small sample size, and DD is by no means a soft R. Whether it be due to high OOS cost, dissatisfaction with campus placement, or better school options, many people will turn down their A's. Sit tight!Thanks for the positive words! I’m grateful for people being transparent because it felt like everyone was getting As but it’s actually a pretty similar amount of DD reported and I’m sure there’s reporting bias 🙂 let’s believe in the 80% acceptance rate and hope for the best!
Last edited:
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
thank you guys so much, it means a lot to have support from fellow applicants 🙂 i really hope we all hear good news in the next few months, i'm hoping the 80% acceptance rate stays true this year
sadbabyinroom
New Member
hi! For my accepted peers did ya'll all get the email that invited you to apply for the CEMED concentration?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
la vida loca
Full Member
Yea I did yesterday!hi! For my accepted peers did ya'll all get the email that invited you to apply for the CEMED concentration?
sadbabyinroom
New Member
bet! thank youYea I did yesterday!
did anyone who got accepted this past friday/saturday receive their campus placement yet?
Royalsquash
Full Member
Yeah, I was assigned to Peoria! Not really my cup of tea and luckily I have another A that is a better fit
Could I ask what you ranked Peoria?
la vida loca
Full Member
A - Friday and not yet 🙁did anyone who got accepted this past friday/saturday receive their campus placement yet?