You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
Even though interviews are virtual, are they conducted for a specific campus? I know you're interviewing for admission to the entire UICOM system, but the website mentions the campus you interviewed on being factored in your campus placement, does that still mean anything?
mixedmaster212
Full Member
What international document? I am a Canadian applying here!II received 9/27! OOS Secondary submitted 7/18, LM: 69. Secondary wasn't mark as completed tho, I didn't know to submit my international document until today.
Interview tips//what to expect on interview day will be very helpful
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The campus assignment happens AFTER the interview, like sometimes weeeks after. However, each interview session has its facilitator, i.e. sometimes it's Chicago and sometimes Peoria doing a given interview session. IDK if there's any preference for being assigned to a campus if you interviewed on that campus thou. There's for sure a procedure for people admitted to cocurricular programs (e.g. IMED, GMED, UMED etc) - in such cases you may be assigned to e.g. Peoria since it was your preference and then be reassigned later to Chicago since you matched IMED.Even though interviews are virtual, are they conducted for a specific campus? I know you're interviewing for admission to the entire UICOM system, but the website mentions the campus you interviewed on being factored in your campus placement, does that still mean anything?
ijustwannagetinT-T
Full Member
For me, they needed a valid permanent resident card. More info here: Non-US Citizen ApplicantsWhat international document? I am a Canadian applying here!
yalreadyknowbb
Full Member
Anyone who had an interview today, how'd it go? Thoughts/takeaways? Obviously only what you're able to share!
Il 9/29 OOS LM68 , did not complete the whole altus suite, earliest and only dates available on my portal are 10/6 and 10/7. Casper 4th Q.
Last edited:
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
Il 9/29 OOS LM68 , did not complete the whole altus suite, earliest and only dates available on my portal are 10/6 and 10/7.
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your complete date?
How long did it take yall to receive a complete email? I submitted exactly 6 weeks ago and haven't got one yet. Should I contact them?
I didn't get one but I'm marked complete, they may just not send one.How long did it take yall to receive a complete email? I submitted ~6 weeks ago and haven't got one yet. Should I contact them?
Hi! It was 8/13 🙂Congrats! Would you mind sharing your complete date?
la vida loca
Full Member
For those who interviewed, were there a lot of IS applicants? Currently IS and have not heard anything. Completed early July.
yalreadyknowbb
Full Member
Felt like a good majority in mine were OOS.For those who interviewed, were there a lot of IS applicants? Currently IS and have not heard anything. Completed early July.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They actually have more IS interviews than OOS, as they're a public institution. For the last year it was something lik 370 OOS, 410 IS, and 40 international (including CA). So if anything it's 50-50.They're probably just prioritizing OOS, given their applicant pool is much larger, and ED right now. I'm sure the IS II wave will begin soon.
During my interview day we more IS than OOS, so I think it's semi random 😉
chizel0908
Full Member
Has anyone who applied EDP heard anything?
biggkahuna
Full Member
II received today. OOS, ORM, LM 67. Got 4th quartile casper but did not do snapshot/duet-because of this I dont think I ever received a complete email? (has this happened to anyone else?), but i submitted my secondary 8/3. Probably will complete the altus suite later this week.
Do we need to fill out the scholarly concentration (GMED, UMED, etc.) before II decision to have a complete application or a competitive application?
NeuroticRicoNotSoSwuave
Full Member
Per UICOM Website, the committee meets the following month after the interview "on the 3rd Thursday" regarding their decision to admit a student. Has anyone noticed this to be the case yet?
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
I believe that is the case, but we probably won't find out for sure until the 15th to see which interview dates receive a response. If this is the case, those that interviewed on or after September 15th should not hear until October 21st most likely.Per UICOM Website, the committee meets the following month after the interview "on the 3rd Thursday" regarding their decision to admit a student. Has anyone noticed this to be the case yet?
biggkahuna
Full Member
+1II received 9/27! OOS Secondary submitted 7/18, LM: 69. Secondary wasn't mark as completed tho, I didn't know to submit my international document until today.
Interview tips//what to expect on interview day will be very helpful
brownskindocta
Full Member
Can someone clarify this please:
Also note that if you are interested in any of the scholarly concentrations, there are additional essays that are program specific.
Is this referring to the 2nd question where they ask you to pick 2 from a list of topics you might be interested in?
I haven’t received the Secondary yet so I’d appreciate someone clearing this up for me. Thanks!
Also note that if you are interested in any of the scholarly concentrations, there are additional essays that are program specific.
Is this referring to the 2nd question where they ask you to pick 2 from a list of topics you might be interested in?
I haven’t received the Secondary yet so I’d appreciate someone clearing this up for me. Thanks!
la vida loca
Full Member
Any IS applicants hear anything this week?
Is this referring to the 2nd question where they ask you to pick 2 from a list of topics you might be interested in?
When you select a concentration (or multiple) in your 2nd portal you save that section. The form for the application will then have additional section(s), each related to the concentration(s) you selected. In these sections there you will be more essays to write and these essays are concentration-specific.
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
OOS II complete 8/15 LM 72
87% post-interview A/$120k COA here I come [emoji1782]
87% post-interview A/$120k COA here I come [emoji1782]
Last edited:
^ Lol it seems like barely anyone IS getting II so far...Any IS applicants hear anything this week?
Not sure where that number came from, but I read that in last year's cycle, about 50% of IS interviewees got accepted and about 20% of OOS interviewees got accepted, and since there were significantly more IS accepted than OOS the average acceptance post-II was like 40%.OOS II complete 8/15 LM 72
87% post-interview A/$120k COA here I come [emoji1782]
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Not sure where that number came from, but I read that in last year's cycle, about 50% of IS interviewees got accepted and about 20% of OOS interviewees got accepted, and since there were significantly more IS accepted than OOS the average acceptance post-II was like 40%.
Acceptance rate is higher than enrollment. IS enrollment > OOS enrollment for sure.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tYAHFUP-X_Rj-nR1AerAMr5V5blIUV4_gkJ7p2COchk/edit
(taken with a grain of salt)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Acceptance rate is higher than enrollment. IS enrollment > OOS enrollment for sure.
(taken with a grain of salt)
Oh wow I had no idea they accepted almost twice the number of students that actually end up enrolling. That's wild.
On interview day, they showed us last years data. I think it was something like 8000 apps, interviewed ~700 accepted 600 and about 300 enrolledOh wow I had no idea they accepted almost twice the number of students that actually end up enrolling. That's wild.
la vida loca
Full Member
I know right! I’m wondering when more IS applicants will get II. Does anyone know how many invites they have sent out so far?^ Lol it seems like barely anyone IS getting II so far...
I know right! I’m wondering when more IS applicants will get II. Does anyone know how many invites they have sent out so far?
UIC is one of my top choices, keeping my fingers crossed [emoji1694]
la vida loca
Full Member
Same!UIC is one of my top choices, keeping my fingers crossed [emoji1694]
it do be like that for us OOS students, my coping mechanism is googling salaries and sending nelnet "loans disbursed" emails to spamOOS II complete 8/15 LM 72
87% post-interview A/$120k COA here I come [emoji1782]
that being said, its worth it. I've really been enjoying my time here.
ijustwannagetinT-T
Full Member
For those who already interviewed, do you think we will hear back this Friday?..since this Thursday is the third on in this month.
theseappsgothands
Full Member
I would hope so since that is consistent with past years A releases! For context I interviewed on 9/21 so idk if those dates will be included but fingers crossedFor those who already interviewed, do you think we will hear back this Friday?..since this Thursday is the third on in this month.
Any more IS IIs go out recently?
brownskindocta
Full Member
When you select a concentration (or multiple) in your 2nd portal you save that section. The form for the application will then have additional section(s), each related to the concentration(s) you selected. In these sections there you will be more essays to write and these essays are concentration-specific.
Thanks for the response! Can you or someone else clarify the whole portal thing. I don’t understand this
brownskindocta
Full Member
If you respond “yes” to the previously applied to medical school question, what do they ask you to do next?
And if you select 2 categories from question 2 as being an interest of yours, what follow up questions do they ask?
Thanks in advance!
And if you select 2 categories from question 2 as being an interest of yours, what follow up questions do they ask?
Thanks in advance!
Confused if this is their norm or we just don't know!! Seems not many IS interviewsAny more IS IIs go out recently?
Congrats! When were you complete?IS II just now
LM 78, complete 7/8Congrats! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope! She's at University of Vermont COM now.Is Dr. Leila Amiri still the assistant dean of admissions?
Happy for you!!! Hopefully more IS II's on the way 🙂LM 78, complete 7/8
Just received the A over email!!! I’m so so so happy right now 🙂 hope you all receive good news 🙂
Congratulations!!!! Mind sharing when you interviewed?Just received the A over email!!! I’m so so so happy right now 🙂 hope you all receive good news 🙂