2022-2023 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received 9/27! OOS Secondary submitted 7/18, LM: 69. Secondary wasn't mark as completed tho, I didn't know to submit my international document until today.

Interview tips//what to expect on interview day will be very helpful

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Even though interviews are virtual, are they conducted for a specific campus? I know you're interviewing for admission to the entire UICOM system, but the website mentions the campus you interviewed on being factored in your campus placement, does that still mean anything?

II received 9/27! OOS Secondary submitted 7/18, LM: 69. Secondary wasn't mark as completed tho, I didn't know to submit my international document until today.

Interview tips//what to expect on interview day will be very helpful
What international document? I am a Canadian applying here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Even though interviews are virtual, are they conducted for a specific campus? I know you're interviewing for admission to the entire UICOM system, but the website mentions the campus you interviewed on being factored in your campus placement, does that still mean anything?
The campus assignment happens AFTER the interview, like sometimes weeeks after. However, each interview session has its facilitator, i.e. sometimes it's Chicago and sometimes Peoria doing a given interview session. IDK if there's any preference for being assigned to a campus if you interviewed on that campus thou. There's for sure a procedure for people admitted to cocurricular programs (e.g. IMED, GMED, UMED etc) - in such cases you may be assigned to e.g. Peoria since it was your preference and then be reassigned later to Chicago since you matched IMED.

Anyone who had an interview today, how'd it go? Thoughts/takeaways? Obviously only what you're able to share!

Reactions: 1 user
Il 9/29 OOS LM68 , did not complete the whole altus suite, earliest and only dates available on my portal are 10/6 and 10/7. Casper 4th Q.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
How long did it take yall to receive a complete email? I submitted exactly 6 weeks ago and haven't got one yet. Should I contact them?

How long did it take yall to receive a complete email? I submitted ~6 weeks ago and haven't got one yet. Should I contact them?
I didn't get one but I'm marked complete, they may just not send one.

For those who interviewed, were there a lot of IS applicants? Currently IS and have not heard anything. Completed early July.

Members don't see this ad :)
They're probably just prioritizing OOS, given their applicant pool is much larger, and ED right now. I'm sure the IS II wave will begin soon.

They're probably just prioritizing OOS, given their applicant pool is much larger, and ED right now. I'm sure the IS II wave will begin soon.
They actually have more IS interviews than OOS, as they're a public institution. For the last year it was something lik 370 OOS, 410 IS, and 40 international (including CA). So if anything it's 50-50.
During my interview day we more IS than OOS, so I think it's semi random ;)

Reactions: 2 users
II received today. OOS, ORM, LM 67. Got 4th quartile casper but did not do snapshot/duet-because of this I dont think I ever received a complete email? (has this happened to anyone else?), but i submitted my secondary 8/3. Probably will complete the altus suite later this week.

Reactions: 5 users
Do we need to fill out the scholarly concentration (GMED, UMED, etc.) before II decision to have a complete application or a competitive application?

Reactions: 1 users
Do we need to fill out the scholarly concentration (GMED, UMED, etc.) before II decision to have a complete application or a competitive application?
See #98 and #124.

TL;DR: you don't have to but you probably should if you're interested.

Per UICOM Website, the committee meets the following month after the interview "on the 3rd Thursday" regarding their decision to admit a student. Has anyone noticed this to be the case yet?

Per UICOM Website, the committee meets the following month after the interview "on the 3rd Thursday" regarding their decision to admit a student. Has anyone noticed this to be the case yet?
I believe that is the case, but we probably won't find out for sure until the 15th to see which interview dates receive a response. If this is the case, those that interviewed on or after September 15th should not hear until October 21st most likely.

Can someone clarify this please:

Also note that if you are interested in any of the scholarly concentrations, there are additional essays that are program specific.

Is this referring to the 2nd question where they ask you to pick 2 from a list of topics you might be interested in?

I haven’t received the Secondary yet so I’d appreciate someone clearing this up for me. Thanks!

Is this referring to the 2nd question where they ask you to pick 2 from a list of topics you might be interested in?

When you select a concentration (or multiple) in your 2nd portal you save that section. The form for the application will then have additional section(s), each related to the concentration(s) you selected. In these sections there you will be more essays to write and these essays are concentration-specific.

OOS II complete 8/15 LM 72

87% post-interview A/$120k COA here I come

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Not sure where that number came from, but I read that in last year's cycle, about 50% of IS interviewees got accepted and about 20% of OOS interviewees got accepted, and since there were significantly more IS accepted than OOS the average acceptance post-II was like 40%.

Not sure where that number came from, but I read that in last year's cycle, about 50% of IS interviewees got accepted and about 20% of OOS interviewees got accepted, and since there were significantly more IS accepted than OOS the average acceptance post-II was like 40%.

Acceptance rate is higher than enrollment. IS enrollment > OOS enrollment for sure.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tYAHFUP-X_Rj-nR1AerAMr5V5blIUV4_gkJ7p2COchk/edit

(taken with a grain of salt)

Oh wow I had no idea they accepted almost twice the number of students that actually end up enrolling. That's wild.
On interview day, they showed us last years data. I think it was something like 8000 apps, interviewed ~700 accepted 600 and about 300 enrolled

it do be like that for us OOS students, my coping mechanism is googling salaries and sending nelnet "loans disbursed" emails to spam

that being said, its worth it. I've really been enjoying my time here.

For those who already interviewed, do you think we will hear back this Friday?..since this Thursday is the third on in this month.

For those who already interviewed, do you think we will hear back this Friday?..since this Thursday is the third on in this month.
I would hope so since that is consistent with past years A releases! For context I interviewed on 9/21 so idk if those dates will be included but fingers crossed

When you select a concentration (or multiple) in your 2nd portal you save that section. The form for the application will then have additional section(s), each related to the concentration(s) you selected. In these sections there you will be more essays to write and these essays are concentration-specific.

Thanks for the response! Can you or someone else clarify the whole portal thing. I don’t understand this

If you respond “yes” to the previously applied to medical school question, what do they ask you to do next?

And if you select 2 categories from question 2 as being an interest of yours, what follow up questions do they ask?

Thanks in advance!

Just received the A over email!!! I’m so so so happy right now :) hope you all receive good news :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users