You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The chances of SDN being comprised of mostly OOS users is pretty slim IMO - isn't there a new director of admissions here or something? Perhaps they're prioritizing OOS first for whatever reason and then moving to IS (Although that feels like a backwards order to me)
Either people in state are getting interviews and are not on SDN or maybe they are a little bit backed up ? I’m an IS applicant haven’t heard back since August and neither have a lot of my colleagues who are also in-state [emoji28][emoji28]
Same
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hec0201
Full Member
la vida loca
Full Member
IS completed in early July and have not heard anything either.
la vida loca
Full Member
I know someone IS that already interviewed last week, so there are definitely IS people getting IIon that note - and I know the school has it’s own thread but has anyone IS heard from rush? I know it’s private but they do accept more IS I believe .. seems to be OOS II priorities there too unless I’m wrong
Hi guys, I was completed 9/11 and it says I’m on a queue to be screened. Should I reach out to them?
where do you see this "queue to be screened" message?
la vida loca
Full Member
Do you mind sharing stats?IS II received yesterday afternoon! Complete in early August
where do you see this "queue to be screened" message?
On the portal “application complete”.
For those in scholarly concentrations now, how involved is the curriculum comparatively to the regular track? Is it hard to balance?
From what I know, it highly depends on the program. For example IMED has weekly in-person meetings for ~2h + individual/small group research tasks outside of the classroom/lab space. In addition IMED has a mandatory component of 6 weeks during the Summer semester with clinical immersion.
UICOM has the M1 and M2 schedules posted on their website - M1 & M2 Block Schedules - so you can take a peek at the sessions scheduled.
Individual concentrations also have their curricula described, e.g. for IMED: Program Curriculum
Is it hard to balance? Sometimes yes, but it's 110% doable. However, when you're in a concentration the time spent on it isn't some busy work - you gain a lot of useful information and a ton of experience from it. In the example of IMED yes, you don't get as much time in summer in comparison to the regular track, but you automatically get a pre-planned clinical immersion which normally you would have to organize independently. If you ask me it's a win-win 🙂
Complete date? Good luck!IS II this morning LM ~70 ORM. Guess UIC saw all my complaining on this thread for more IS interviews and blessed me 😁
Appreciate it! Complete late JulyComplete date? Good luck!
It seems like they’re jumping around and going out of order no? Kinda makes me wonder what the point of submitting early is anymore
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To get you looked at sooner based on your applicant profile (stats, ECs, etc).It seems like they’re jumping around and going out of order no? Kinda makes me wonder what the point of submitting early is anymore
IS II this morning LM ~70 ORM. Guess UIC saw all my complaining on this thread for more IS interviews and blessed me [emoji16]
Fingers have been crossed for 4 months hahahahah but congrats!!!
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
Can anyone speak to whether or not there are follow-up questions during the MMIs? Trying to gauge how long my responses should be
I had follow up questions. Everything was very smooth and conversational, don’t stress about it 🙂Can anyone speak to whether or not there are follow-up questions during the MMIs? Trying to gauge how long my responses should be
An additional point to add about these programs is that you get credit for your M4 electives equivalent to a six week rotation. You can either take all six weeks off (wild), or you can schedule them during residency interview season so as to ensure a conflict free interview process. It’s an often overlooked, but very notable, benefit.From what I know, it highly depends on the program. For example IMED has weekly in-person meetings for ~2h + individual/small group research tasks outside of the classroom/lab space. In addition IMED has a mandatory component of 6 weeks during the Summer semester with clinical immersion.
UICOM has the M1 and M2 schedules posted on their website - M1 & M2 Block Schedules - so you can take a peek at the sessions scheduled.
Individual concentrations also have their curricula described, e.g. for IMED: Program Curriculum
Is it hard to balance? Sometimes yes, but it's 110% doable. However, when you're in a concentration the time spent on it isn't some busy work - you gain a lot of useful information and a ton of experience from it. In the example of IMED yes, you don't get as much time in summer in comparison to the regular track, but you automatically get a pre-planned clinical immersion which normally you would have to organize independently. If you ask me it's a win-win 🙂
II received yesterday night!!! Complete 9/1, cGPA 3.69, MCAT 517.
In State!
So excited!! First II of the cycle!! Let's get it peeps!!
In State!
So excited!! First II of the cycle!! Let's get it peeps!!
Do a lot of people apply for the scholarly concentrations?
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Do a lot of people apply for the scholarly concentrations?
They said about 30% of students have a concentration
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
Do thank you letters get uploaded to the portal or sent to admissions or?
Lmk what you end up doing for this… also wondering the sameDo thank you letters get uploaded to the portal or sent to admissions or?
worm compost
Full Member
You email them directly to the interviewer. There was a list of faculty emails on the blackboard page. My interviewer wasn’t on there, but I found her email on the website.Do thank you letters get uploaded to the portal or sent to admissions or?
yalreadyknowbb
Full Member
Do we think the next round of decisions will come out Friday?
I think you would get better advice submitting to the WAMC thread as more mentors/faculty contributors provide feedback there 🙂If anyone could give me feedback I would be very appreciative! Not applying here, but to other MD programs. Worried about stats with CARS and GPA trend. I have really bad anxiety. Just want to know I am okay or not
-overall cGPA: 3.77, sGPA: 3.65, non-science 3.96
-The non-science stayed above 3.9 every semester but science I consistently got 3.6-3.8 but final senior year it was 3.56 after taking upper level courses
-MCAT 2x retake: 497 to a 513. The breakdown is 129/123./131/130
-Everything else in my application is solid, rural, low-income SES, disadvantaged, white
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chizel0908
Full Member
I believe on their website they say if it's been 8 or so weeks to update, generally true for most programs. If you have a solid update that makes you a better candidate you should let them know that.Do they take pre II updates?
SkyGuy007
Full Member
I am OOS and just got an II a few days ago. I had completed CASPer but not the whole suite at the time so I don't think they are screeningOOS, still no secondary, is this because they haven't recieved Casper/Snapshot/Duet, or do they screen before sending secondaries?
When were you complete?I am OOS and just got an II a few days ago. I had completed CASPer but not the whole suite at the time so I don't think they are screening
SkyGuy007
Full Member
I believe I was complete in early AugustWhen were you complete?
SkyGuy007
Full Member
Can anyone tell me about how the interview day is laid out here? Is it just a quick set of MMI's and a faculty interview or more of a deep dive into curriculum? Also, how long was each interview component and for MMI's how long to read the prompt? Thank you very much for your help, I'm a bit nervous for this one.
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
3rd Thursday of the month. Adcom meeting today. More decisions soon. Godspeed, candidates, Godspeed.
Does this also apply for II decisions or just As? Good luck to everyone waiting!3rd Thursday of the month. Adcom meeting today. More decisions soon. Godspeed, candidates, Godspeed.
worm compost
Full Member
Only post-interview. From the interview day site (Interview Day):Does this also apply for II decisions or just As? Good luck to everyone waiting!
After you’ve completed your interview, your completed evaluation will be presented to the Committee on Admissions (COA) on the third Thursday of each month beginning in October. If your interview falls on this same week, your application may not be reviewed until next month’s meeting.
Offer of Acceptance
- Communications on acceptances and delayed decisions will be sent by the Friday following the COA meeting by 5pm.
- Accepted students should visit the Secondary Application portal to accept their offer and rank their campuses. More information about accepting our offer can be found on our Accepted Student Page
tylerduffy23
New Member
Super stoked to get my first A!!! OOS, Interviewed 10/6, accepted 10/21.
Has anyone IS been accepted here yet that's not EDP?
I am IS and did not do EDP. Interviewed 10/6 accepted 10/20Has anyone IS been accepted here yet that's not EDP?
la vida loca
Full Member
Do you mind sharing stats?I am IS and did not do EDP. Interviewed 10/6 accepted 10/20
sure! ORM, LM 70ish (mcat 510, sgpa 3.82, gpa 3.88), 2 X chromosomes, blood type B+.Do you mind sharing stats?
omg we have the same blood type DOES THIS MEAN IM GETTING AN II SOONsure! ORM, LM 70ish (mcat 510, sgpa 3.82, gpa 3.88), 2 X chromosomes, blood type B+.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
la vida loca
Full Member
Omg I have similar everything hopefully I get an II soon 😂😭sure! ORM, LM 70ish (mcat 510, sgpa 3.82, gpa 3.88), 2 X chromosomes, blood type B+.
Sorry for the repeated messages. Does anyone know how long the entire interview process takes? - I rather not use PTO and instead ask to work from home that day.
Started at 8AM and we were done by like 1:30-ishSorry for the repeated messages. Does anyone know how long the entire interview process takes? - I rather not use PTO and instead ask to work from home that day.
Thank you! Damn looks like I gotta use PTO.Started at 8AM and we were done by like 1:30-ish