2022-2023 Illinois

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last month I got my delayed decision on a Monday so I think they’ve been bleeding into the next week to release
Yeah I got my “delayed decision” on a Monday last month too, but people got As Friday, so I kinda figured I’m delayed decision again… but I still have hope since it seems like no one else has found out yet. Good luck to you all!

(IS, submitted 7/20, interviewed 9/14)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on last year’s thread, only September interviewees got the A around this time, and most everyone in October got DD. Just to temper expectations (for whatever that’s worth…)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed first week of November and received "Delayed Decision" a few hrs ago 🙁... Bummed out about this one since UIC is one of my top choices but from searching through last years thread it seems like there is hope for DD folks. Do you guys recommend I send an update/lOI?
 
Has anyone IS been accepted here yet that's not EDP?
Yeah I'm IS and not EDP (submitted 7/20, interviewed 9/14, accepted 11/21)
Interviewed first week of November and received "Delayed Decision" a few hrs ago 🙁... Bummed out about this one since UIC is one of my top choices but from searching through last years thread it seems like there is hope for DD folks. Do you guys recommend I send an update/lOI?
Yeah I was also super bummed after getting a DD in October after interviewing in September. It's really up to you, but I decided I would wait one more month to see if I got the A without doing anything else (especially due to how transparent they were about pacing acceptances). If I hadn't gotten accepted today, I would have sent a update/IOI in early/mid December so they would have something new from me for the next AdCom meeting. Personally, I wanted to make sure I actually had a significant research update before sending it, which wouldn't have been the case if I sent an update in early/mid November. Remember that you still have really good odds. UICOM has one of the higher post-interview acceptance rates (85%). I believe in you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For accepted students, after accepting the offer on the portal and filling out campus preference is there anything else to do?