You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Prior to our interview we had a student panel and they emphasized that it’s very common to get a DD. Some of them got their As 2-3 months post interview etc. so getting a DD is not a bad thing 🙂Any body know or have any info about how many accepted students get a delayed decision first? Is delayed decision fairly common?
Well that’s good to hear! Thanks for the insight 🙂Prior to our interview we had a student panel and they emphasized that it’s very common to get a DD. Some of them got their As 2-3 months post interview etc. so getting a DD is not a bad thing 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm OOS :/ so who knows what their method is lol. Maybe we could hear back today/this week? I hope it's not pushed to after the next meeting in DecemberLiterally radio silence. Interviewed 10/18 and nothing. I'm an IS applicant, are you? Maybe IS students haven't heard back? I have no clue lol
dyingwithoutpatience
Full Member
I really hope not. We'd be waiting 2 months without any decision. 😒I'm OOS :/ so who knows what their method is lol. Maybe we could hear back today/this week? I hope it's not pushed to after the next meeting in December
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
Has anyone heard back about scholarly concentrations?
Think I saw that one or 2 IS ppl. Same for OOS - believe more OOS ppl complete later in the cycle have reported II on hereAnyone complete in September gotten an interview yet?
Think I saw that one or 2 IS ppl. Same for OOS - believe more OOS ppl complete later in the cycle have reported II on here
I think I’ve seen up to August but not September
pg 6 someone did from 9/1 - pretty close to august haha but just for accuracy. that being said I was complete 8/28 and nothing yetI think I’ve seen up to August but not September
pg 6 someone did from 9/1 - pretty close to august haha but just for accuracy. that being said I was complete 8/28 and nothing yet
Same here, complete 9/11.
buzzbuzzbee07
Full Member
OOS II 11/29 - complete 09/04!
Congrats! Did you receive a complete email?OOS II 11/29 - complete 09/04!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
buzzbuzzbee07
Full Member
I did! Received it about a week after I submitted my secondary.Congrats! Did you receive a complete email?
SkyGuy007
Full Member
I think I was complete in September and I just interviewed yesterday (1 Dec)Anyone complete in September gotten an interview yet?
la vida loca
Full Member
Any IS applicants who applied in mid July still waiting to here back? Kind of bummed that it’s after thanksgiving and still haven’t heard a word 🙁
Any IS applicants who applied in mid July still waiting to here back? Kind of bummed that it’s after thanksgiving and still haven’t heard a word 🙁
+1 still 🥲
II received! Complete late July!
dideperfect123
Full Member
Any IS applicants who applied in mid July still waiting to here back? Kind of bummed that it’s after thanksgiving and still haven’t heard a word 🙁
I am
Dogtor2000
Full Member
IS II, Complete mid-August
la vida loca
Full Member
Do you mind sharing stats?IS II, Complete mid-August
mangos_yummy
New Member
Is there anyone who is currently a medical student and/or adcom at UIC that I can privately message? I have a few questions!
pnaupnau123
Full Member
does this school accept upate letters pre-ii?
Yup! Upload directly to portal.does this school accept upate letters pre-ii?
Is there anyone who is currently a medical student and/or adcom at UIC that I can privately message? I have a few questions!
Current student. You can message me.
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Is there a chat for accepted students?
pnaupnau123
Full Member
does the committe view altius snapshot prior to II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn’t have it completed until after my interview so I doubt it is very important for IIdoes the committe view altius snapshot prior to II?
My understanding based on their website (and watching this thread) is that they’ll meet Thursday and give out decisions Friday and/or Monday.Is the next round of decisions projected to come out this Thursday?
haven't heard anything since july as a IS resident lol-hope is going down
la vida loca
Full Member
Same 🙁haven't heard anything since july as a IS resident lol-hope is going down
Mood I sent an update/LOI as a last attempt efforthaven't heard anything since july as a IS resident lol-hope is going down
la vida loca
Full Member
I already sent two updates so I don’t know if I should another one until after the holidays 😅
when you uploaded the updates on the portal, did you upload it under "additional documents" or "letter of interest"?I already sent two updates so I don’t know if I should another one until after the holidays 😅
Most applicants are not on SDN. I can't see the number of users, but the ENTIRE 2022-2023 medical school specific pages thread has a total of 50,000 posts. Over 1,000,000 people applied to medical school this year. This thread is not representative of what is going on with admissions at any particular school.doesn’t UI have a fairly large health system/class? I’m sort of confused on how this thread is relatively short with many IS applicants with no word?
la vida loca
Full Member
Additional documents !when you uploaded the updates on the portal, did you upload it under "additional documents" or "letter of interest"?
Yes totally! Agreed. I just meant relative to other schools on hereMost applicants are not on SDN. I can't see the number of users, but the ENTIRE 2022-2023 medical school specific pages thread has a total of 50,000 posts. Over 1,000,000 people applied to medical school this year. This thread is not representative of what is going on with admissions at any particular school.
a million? I think you are off by an order of magnitude.Most applicants are not on SDN. I can't see the number of users, but the ENTIRE 2022-2023 medical school specific pages thread has a total of 50,000 posts. Over 1,000,000 people applied to medical school this year. This thread is not representative of what is going on with admissions at any particular school.
la vida loca
Full Member
Yeah for some reason a lot of IS applicants have gotten II but they aren’t on SDN.Yes totally! Agreed. I just meant relative to other schools on here
a million? I think you are off by an order of magnitude.
They probably meant a million applications, with an average ~20 per applicants
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pnaupnau123
Full Member
are they done with OOS II's😢😢😢😢
I wanted to correct myself: I meant applications and not applicants. Over one million applications were sent in for this cycle. Not exactly sure how many applicants those are from!Most applicants are not on SDN. I can't see the number of users, but the ENTIRE 2022-2023 medical school specific pages thread has a total of 50,000 posts. Over 1,000,000 people applied to medical school this year. This thread is not representative of what is going on with admissions at any particular school.
yalreadyknowbb
Full Member
I'm hoping! I would think they would want to get them out today and take next week off but who can say.Potentially another round of decisions coming out tomorrow?
OOShaven't heard anything since july as a IS resident lol-hope is going down