2023-2024 Mayo Clinic - Arizona

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the message from the student but never had a post interview complete email.
 
Did anyone receive an email from the dean of the Arizona campus a couple of days ago asking to declare your interest in the school? Not sure if this was a “highly ranked” email or just a general email sent to everyone??
 
Did anyone receive an email from the dean of the Arizona campus a couple of days ago asking to declare your interest in the school? Not sure if this was a “highly ranked” email or just a general email sent to everyone??
Back in Late Dec. I got the application updates and timeline email, but it was from the general admissions email, not from the AZ campus dean. If it was a different email, would you mind sharing what it said?
 
Curious if either of you have submitted LOI's already, or if this is more like a "highly ranked" email. I already submitted an LOI and might just be on that copium.
I think it’s hilarious that most schools basically dgaf if you live or die but Mayo wants you on your hands and knees begging to get in
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there any value in sending a letter of continued interest without any significant updates? I interviewed in early November and uploaded a letter of intent the same day I interviewed as Mayo is my clear top choice. I'm just wondering if it is useful to send another LOI or letter of continued interest letting them know that Mayo is still my #1 choice since it has been a couple months since I interviewed.
 
Is there any value in sending a letter of continued interest without any significant updates? I interviewed in early November and uploaded a letter of intent the same day I interviewed as Mayo is my clear top choice. I'm just wondering if it is useful to send another LOI or letter of continued interest letting them know that Mayo is still my #1 choice since it has been a couple months since I interviewed.
They still have access to your old one and the new one wouldn't say anything different. It's not like they'll "forget" you sent them a letter of intent since it'll be on your portal when they discuss your candidacy. If you have additional updates you can include a line about how you remain committed to Mayo, but I wouldn't send them a "letter of intent part 2"
 
Does anyone know how Mayo sends out offers? Do they do it all in one day, or do they call people across multiple days/weeks?
 
Does anyone know how Mayo sends out offers? Do they do it all in one day, or do they call people across multiple days/weeks?
Based on previous years threads, seems like theres a fair amount on the first day (Feb 19th this year I think), but As continue to trickle in over the course of a couple weeks after that, followed by a massive R wave.
 
I just checked last years thread and it seems like some acceptance calls were made on Feb 13th? Is it just delayed this year to the 19th/20th?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a call at 2:10 PM (est), holy crap, I cannot believe this has just happened.

Edit: Interviewed in Oct, LOI two days after that, one update letter in December, and another update letter in late January.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad