2022-2023 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do you figure that the waitlist is like a soft rejection? They had a lot of waitlist movement last year, so it would stand to reason they would have a good amount this year as well.

Hey well then hoping I’m wrong I was just going off how I have mostly seen acceptances/APS and WL’s on here. I for sure am no expert at all just going by this thread which could very well misrepresent the actual pool of applicants haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey well then hoping I’m wrong I was just going off how I have mostly seen acceptances/APS and WL’s on here. I for sure am no expert at all just going by this thread which could very well misrepresent the actual pool of applicants haha.
That is fair. I know someone on here posted that they were rejected post-interview, so that does happen but most of the people are probably just not posting that (or just not on sdn).

Reactions: 1 users
Just finished interviewing! Really impressed with the presentation and student ambassadors. Was told this was the last day of interviews for the cycle. FYI for those of you waitlisted Dr. Dougherty told us that there were 50 interviewees today and those will compared with those of you waitlisted for acceptance for the final 20 spots open for acceptance this fall.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished interviewing! Really impressed with the presentation and student ambassadors. Was told this was the last day of interviews for the cycle. FYI for those of you waitlisted Dr. Dougherty told us that there were 50 interviewees today and those will compared with those of you waitlisted for acceptance for the final 20 spots open for acceptance this fall.
Are they talking about coming off the waitlist or 20 spots in addition to waitlist movement? I’m a little confused by this statement.

Are they talking about coming off the waitlist or 20 spots in addition to waitlist movement? I’m a little confused by this statement.
same also theres two WL's. one is basically high priority where person is accepted pending seat opening and one is regular WL.

I believe it was 20 spots total based on what he said. That would be total from todays interviewees and waitlist combined. For example could admit 10 from todays interviewees and 10 from the waitlist.

I believe it was 20 spots total based on what he said. That would be total from todays interviewees and waitlist combined. For example could admit 10 from todays interviewees and 10 from the waitlist.
but again, how about the high priority WL, where people were accepted pending seat? Did they already go through all of that?

That’s interesting because they had a lot of movement last year on the waitlist from my understanding, like close to 50 people. As someone on the waitlist, hoping he meant before WL movement, but good luck and wishing you the best.

but again, how about the high priority WL, where people were accepted pending seat? Did they already go through all of that?
APS is an acceptance so they have gone through that before the WL

Also, I think there is going to be movement because I emailed them and they said waitlist movement would be happening over the coming months.

How do those that are APS figure into those 20 spots? I’m confused…… Some have said that an APS is a priority waitlist while others have said it’s basically an acceptance. I have no idea what’s going on lol.

This is a case of the lost leading the lost but I appreciate the dialogue.

How do those that are APS figure into those 20 spots? I’m confused…… Some have said that an APS is a priority waitlist while others have said it’s basically an acceptance. I have no idea what’s going on lol.

This is a case of the lost leading the lost but I appreciate the dialogue.
APS is basically accepted pending seat, so its not an official acceptance cuz it doesn't go out til a seat is available. idk if they have gone through everyone who was placed on APS.

regular wl, is just regular. it hasn't been touched i don't think.

Members don't see this ad :)
APS is basically accepted pending seat, so its not an official acceptance cuz it doesn't go out til a seat is available. idk if they have gone through everyone who was placed on APS.

I am APS and I have not heard anything. If they have gone through that list already, I got left off it haha.

WL hasn't been touched yet. we received this email from our enrollment checklist deadline: "Lastly, if your plans have changed and you are no longer interested in attending Noorda-COM, we ask that you notify us, so we can offer your seat to an interested student on the waitlist."

I am assuming this means APS as well

I am APS and I have not heard anything. If they have gone through that list already, I got left off it haha.
I'm going to start by saying I don't really know and this is definitely just inner musing on my part. That said, it doesn't make sense to me to consider accepted pending seat a full on acceptance if they have seats open. If this is an acceptance and there are truly 20 spots left to split between those interviewed in the last round and those on the waitlist, then why wouldn't those 20 have just gone to those accepted pending seat?

Personally, I'm taking it more as a priority waitlist with no guarantee like others mentioned. That's just what makes the most sense to me, but again this is all speculation so definitely take this with a grain of salt. I think the APS status is giving a lot of people hope, and I just hope that this is not being done in vain and that the intent truly is to give all of you a seat.

I'm going to start by saying I don't really know and this is definitely just inner musing on my part. That said, it doesn't make sense to me to consider accepted pending seat a full on acceptance if they have seats open. If this is an acceptance and there are truly 20 spots left to split between those interviewed in the last round and those on the waitlist, then why wouldn't those 20 have just gone to those accepted pending seat?

Personally, I'm taking it more as a priority waitlist with no guarantee like others mentioned. That's just what makes the most sense to me, but again this is all speculation so definitely take this with a grain of salt. I think the APS status is giving a lot of people hope, and I just hope that this is not being done in vain and that the intent truly is to give all of you a seat.
Hey Guys! Current student here. First off, please reach out to the admissions team for further clarification on the APS and WL designations. They will be straight up with you. Second, regarding the 20 open spots that Dr. Dougherty mentioned, Noorda has been really good at leaving open spots up until the last interview. Trying to give everyone a fair chance. Depending on what they saw at today's interviews, they may offer acceptances to some of those students and the rest of the open spots will start going to the APS. I have no idea how many APS vs WL spots there are but I think its a fair assessment that APS is a higher-ranked WL.

All that being said, I have no idea how they will work through those lists. Before my class matriculated we had movement on the waitlist up until 1 month before school started at the end of July. Good luck to everyone still waiting for news!

Reactions: 3 users
Just interviewed today. Not sure how to feel. My interviewer didn’t seem to interested, happy, or show any emotion towards my answers. I think it went well but with the lack of emotion from the interviewer I’m feeling a bit nervous about the outcome.

Reactions: 2 users
Just interviewed today. Not sure how to feel. My interviewer didn’t seem to interested, happy, or show any emotion towards my answers. I think it went well but with the lack of emotion from the interviewer I’m feeling a bit nervous about the outcome.
If it counts for anything, I was accepted in October and had the identical experience.

If it counts for anything, I was accepted in October and had the identical experience.
Ok I feel a bit better lol I know my answers were genuine and well practiced as well. So I was wondering what was going on lol. Now I wait. 🙂

How long after the interview do they let you know the decision?

How long after the interview do they let you know the decision?
They said that the admissions committee meet next Thursday so they’ll have a decision at that time. Please correct me if I’m wrong

They said that the admissions committee meet next Thursday so they’ll have a decision at that time. Please correct me if I’m wrong
That’s what they told me as well, they meet on the 30th and will try to let us know by email on the 31st

Paid my enrollment fee today, can’t wait to meet all of you!

Reactions: 5 users
I just paid my enrollment fee and ordered my medical kit at the same time, I think my wallet has whiplash 😭 But anyway, really excited to see some of you on accepted student day!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I just paid my enrollment fee and ordered my medical kit at the same time, I think my wallet has whiplash 😭 But anyway, really excited to see some of you on accepted student day!
Oh man big same, at least I'm getting travel points out of it lmao

Just got alternate status for the VA HPSP scholarship, here's hoping it comes through later.

excited to meet you too! When are you going apartment hunting? seems early now but so excited! Planning on moving in July 1st to settle in before starting class

excited to meet you too! When are you going apartment hunting? seems early now but so excited! Planning on moving in July 1st to settle in before starting class
I live in Provo and wouldn't recommend waiting until July 1st. With students and LDS missionary parents looking to find their kids places to live it gets difficult to find well priced housing.

I live in Provo and wouldn't recommend waiting until July 1st. With students and LDS missionary parents looking to find their kids places to live it gets difficult to find well priced housing.
Oh really? when would you recommend ?

Most people look to sell their contracts or have the most openings in April/May when the school year ends and some people move away for the summer to change housing themselves

Most people look to sell their contracts or have the most openings in April/May when the school year ends and some people move away for the summer to change housing themselves
Oo, well, that’s a bummer for me haha. I feasibly wouldn’t be able to move until mid June at the earliest, I’ll try and contact places and see if they’re willing to work with me. Thanks for the heads up!

May! I’ll look then during accepted student day! Then I’ll sign the lease and move in mid July!

I'm gonna be moving in early July, hopefully that works out for me. Gonna start looking for roommates in April. I'm going to try to fit in some apartment tours while I'm in Provo for accepted student day.

Is anyone having a hard time finding a place WITHOUT fees?!? I keep finding places with $300-400 of required fees. Is this normal?

I think that's normal especially for utilities and stuff, also noticed this
I would recommend looking into private room student housing or basement apartments depending on your situations. Provo has a free bus called UVX that drops off near the campus

All the apartments have required fees like media packages, common area utilities etc.
I also think that's pretty normal. It's actually funny, I am from California and live there now (so blessed to see these lower prices in Utah) but I did live in NYC for awhile where it is the STANDARD to pay 1 mo rent, 1 mo rent for security AND 1 mo rent for the broker even if you didn't use one!

It's crazy how different renting is around the country

I think that's normal especially for utilities and stuff, also noticed this
Yeah I'm on my second apartment in Utah and that's pretty normal, although how much and what is or isn't included can really vary from place to place.

Yeah I'm on my second apartment in Utah and that's pretty normal, although how much and what is or isn't included can really vary from place to place.
Yea as compared to chicago the prices really aren’t that bad either!

Coming from the Midwest, these prices are crazy! I am gonna miss the affordability.

Coming from the Midwest, these prices are crazy! I am gonna miss the affordability.
I'm also from the midwest and this is much more affordable! I think it just depends on where we all come from haha

Is anyone else still kind of freaking out about the loan situation? I know we're probably all new to the whole private loan world. I've just heard such horror stories about Sallie Mae and they seem to be one of the only lenders that are willing to work with Noorda students

Is anyone else still kind of freaking out about the loan situation? I know we're probably all new to the whole private loan world. I've just heard such horror stories about Sallie Mae and they seem to be one of the only lenders that are willing to work with Noorda students

When I read about Sallie Mae on NerdWallet, it said that was the best private lender

What have you heard??

Zuntafi personally seems the best, I’ll probably go with them over Sallie Mae

Just heard back, got APS. Trying to be excited lol but not a rejection. Just in limbo!