2022-2023 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have my interview late March, just super nervous :eek:... its the last interview time as well so I'm like what if they will just straight reject or wait list me
Just going to be honest, I don’t think having the last time will hurt you. I feel like they wouldn’t offer a time that late if it would negatively impact their decisions. Everything that I have seen from them is fair. I think you just have to be careful not to psych yourself out, you can do this. All this coming from someone already on the waitlist.🫡

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 366863

Just received this email from Touro COM, I wanted to go to the Middletown location but they offered me an interview at the Great falls location. What do you guys think is a better pick? Both are new campuses but Touro is more established.

Funny thing is I emailed them months ago declining an II because I was more interested in the other locations. But I guess they want me to interview lol.
This is the Noorda thread lol

My interview is approaching and I’m feeling a bit nervous. Any tips? I’ve been doing mock interviews.

My interview is approaching and I’m feeling a bit nervous. Any tips? I’ve been doing mock interviews.

Beyond practicing the questions from their SDN page, I feel like the best thing you can do is really just be able to talk about yourself. Know your strengths and weaknesses and be able to discuss them. In my experience and from everyone I’ve seen on here, the interviewers are very conversational and just seem to want to know the type of person you are along with how you’d handle different situations. Hope that helps a bit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey fellow admitted students! When you log in to Exxat to do the background check, does it prompt you to pay $70 first?

Hey fellow admitted students! When you log in to Exxat to do the background check, does it prompt you to pay $70 first?
yes! It's to do everything then the check and drug screen is separate

Also does anyone know if Noorda offers student health insurance? I'm on Medi-cal and I don't believe it'll cover me in another state

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 12.52.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 12.52.51 PM.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: 1 user
Oh my lordie! Plus the $750 enrollment fee! It begin$ LOL
Yes! I started looking at the medical equipment to put my order in. Prepare for another $600 minimum for the required supplies. Lol by the time I picked a stethoscope I liked and chose a fancy diagnostic set, my total came out to over $900 :censored:

Yes! I started looking at the medical equipment to put my order in. Prepare for another $600 minimum for the required supplies. Lol by the time I picked a stethoscope I liked and chose a fancy diagnostic set, my total came out to over $900 :censored:
I think a current student said we don’t need to really buy the kit? Can just get away with borrowing

Also does anyone know if Noorda offers student health insurance? I'm on Medi-cal and I don't believe it'll cover me in another state
Yes they do have. Its about 4K-5K for the year. its included in your tuition. you also have the option to opt out and find your own insurance, but you must have one since medical partners require them for rotations.

To be 100% honest, if you are struggling for cash (like I was/am) you don't NEED the instruments. In labs you can share with other students, and they do have some extras around just in case people forget them. BUT..... it does help to use them at home (with friends, family S/O, etc) I have used my otoscope on my kids at least 1x month since we got here cause they are constantly sick (new daycare, flu season, and now allergy season is starting).

I think a current student said we don’t need to really buy the kit? Can just get away with borrowing

Oh, so it’s not a big deal if we don’t have that box checked by 4/1 on the enrollment page?

Oh, so it’s not a big deal if we don’t have that box checked by 4/1 on the enrollment page?
No you need to still have the box checked, I might just order like one thing 😂

Just got Accepted pending open seat... tell me how to feel? I wanna go here LOL. Is this different than the WL?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got Accepted pending open seat... tell me how to feel? I wanna go here LOL. Is this different than the WL?
It’s a step up from WL. It means that as spots become available you get in. They aren’t going to review your app before offering you a spot like they will for people on the WL.

Got on the WL. Based on how many people it seems are on there, my hopes aren’t high haha.

Just got an interview invite... Seems super late and considering how many people are accepted pending open seat, Im wondering what the chances of admission even are!? Already got denied from my other interviews so I'll give this one a shot

For the white coat, can any current students speak to the difference between the women's vs men's jacket please? Another school I interviewed at let us try theirs on during the interview day, and it turned out that the men's had longer sleeves and were better for the taller ladies. Wondering if these might be the same.

My bf is a chiro and has a majority of the things on the list already, was just going to borrow since he doesn't need it anymore haha! My best friends bought me a nice steth for christmas so im hoping that'll help me out with cost lol

My bf is a chiro and has a majority of the things on the list already, was just going to borrow since he doesn't need it anymore haha! My best friends bought me a nice steth for christmas so im hoping that'll help me out with cost lol
My mom bought me a nice stethoscope also haha so that offsets the price a bit and my fiancé is a DPT so I’m borrowing some of her stuff!! Talked to current students again and they did say they use everything from the kit so seems like we do need it :/

My mom bought me a nice stethoscope also haha so that offsets the price a bit and my fiancé is a DPT so I’m borrowing some of her stuff!! Talked to current students again and they did say they use everything from the kit so seems like we do need it :/
I get needing it but they surely cant FORCE us to purchase new ones when we can borrow right? lol

is anyone else who had to redo the hepatitis stuff and submitted that their working on it not have their immunizations box checked off on the Noorda portal?

For the white coat, can any current students speak to the difference between the women's vs men's jacket please? Another school I interviewed at let us try theirs on during the interview day, and it turned out that the men's had longer sleeves and were better for the taller ladies. Wondering if these might be the same.
from what i have gathered there is no major difference. maybe the female sizing take into account female proportions a little better?? also if for some reason the size you order doesn't fit they have a bunch of extras for you to swap if needed

Will be cancelling my APS/potential A. Best of luck to the rest of y'all on the WL or still waiting for good news!