-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Oakland (Beaumont)
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you’re tellin me 0% attendance with 95% in the course = honors? That’s great!
Would you say its easy to score well without going to class? Is everything recorded online?
Everything is recorded. I would say it's relatively easy to pass. Getting honors is a different story. Pretty difficult during the first semester with AFCP and BFCP but when you switch over to organ systems it gets much easier. Some blocks a fair chunk of the class getting honors.
armenianevey
Full Member
I haven't yet, either, but I don't remember even hearing of any estimated response time.Anyone who interviewed 12/3 hear back yet? I believe they said we would hear something by January first
chefcookie
Full Member
Interview on 12/2, waitlisted
armenianevey
Full Member
Interviewed 12/3. Accepted today.
When is the committee gonna meet to review applicants who interviewed mid December?
I believe someone said they meet the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of the month. For those waitlisted, do they send an email/update the portal? Are only acceptances via phone call?When is the committee gonna meet again to review applicants?
Congrats! Complete date?II just now. LM 74, OOS. earliest dates are early February
II just now, LM 69, OOS! Complete 08/04...really did not expect this II, but very happy!!! 🙂
9/20Congrats! Complete date?
maddandadd
Full Member
I got an email when I was placed on the waitlist. And yes I believe they only call for acceptances.I believe someone said they meet the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of the month. For those waitlisted, do they send an email/update the portal? Are only acceptances via phone call?
Tddybr20
Full Member
Question - What are the kind of lectures that would require attendance - ex. anatomy/physiology? How many days a week would required lectures be?Only for certain lectures. Attendance is no longer required for honors during preclinical years.
In terms of OUWB, no news is considered good news and that you're still in the running.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R received yesterday afternoon. Complete 8/23 and update letter sent about a month ago. GL everyone else!
Complete early August, IS, no word yet!
same. complete late july to early august at all IS schools but silence from all. sad!Complete early August, IS, no word yet!
topoisomerase 24
Full Member
complete 7/29 IS and haven't heard back 🙁. Are they still offering II?
I think so, there were several people 5 days ago that go an II.complete 7/29 IS and haven't heard back 🙁. Are they still offering II?
thethrowaway
New Member
I have this question as well.Question - What are the kind of lectures that would require attendance - ex. anatomy/physiology? How many days a week would required lectures be?
Also wondering how significant of a factor professor-based exams should be in choosing OUWB over another school without those exam types?
Question - What are the kind of lectures that would require attendance - ex. anatomy/physiology? How many days a week would required lectures be?
It would be the TBL sessions and dissections for anatomy. The school is really good about grouping things that require attendance on the same day. I would say not more than 2 days a week usually. That being said, most people end up hanging around or studying on campus to build a sense of community.
Do they accept pre II letters of interest??
They accept pre II update letters so I’m sure they accept letters of interest tooDo they accept pre II letters of interest??
Most of it was around MayAnyone know from last year when they start pulling from waitlist?
MSAR says "OUWB provides a full-day interview program that includes two 30-minute individual interviews, medical school tour, hospital tour, a Team-Based Learning exercise, an overview of the school, and opportunities to speak with current medical students, faculty, and staff"
Do we do a TBL exercise during the interview day?
Do we do a TBL exercise during the interview day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MSAR says "OUWB provides a full-day interview program that includes two 30-minute individual interviews, medical school tour, hospital tour, a Team-Based Learning exercise, an overview of the school, and opportunities to speak with current medical students, faculty, and staff"
Do we do a TBL exercise during the interview day?
You do not. I imagine that's a hold over from the pre-Zoom interviews.
II received today! OOS ORM LM 69 but I have pretty strong ties to Michigan. The earliest date to schedule is actually 2 days from now. Anybody who interviewed can you give me any tips?
Pre II R just received, LM 72, OOS, early August submission with update letter sent last week
thethrowaway
New Member
No news is good news my friend. Hang in there.I think they just lost my application 😩.
I was complete in July and no II or R
drhowardvan
New Member
Same so silent for 26 school , no rejection, no new just silentNo news is good news my friend. Hang in there.
When do they stop sending II?No news is good news my friend. Hang in there.
D
deleted1058345
Just got the call too!! Beyond excitedJust got the A!!! The Dean was so niceeee.
ineedcoffee12345
New Member
when did you interview?Just got the call too!! Beyond excited
december 16 for mewhen did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a pre interview rejection yesterday 🤪
Same got waitlisted, im wondering how much of a chance we have to get off the waitlist. Waiting till April is soo long omgGot waitlisted today, anybody know what the waitlist movement is like?
starshipsweremeanttofly
Full Member
Hi. For those that have already interviewed, does the "Start Virtual Interview" button next to your interviewers names in the portal not show up until the day of?
yeah I think soHi. For those that have already interviewed, does the "Start Virtual Interview" button next to your interviewers names in the portal not show up until the day of?
topoisomerase 24
Full Member
Are they still sending II? or is it a R at this point?
Last edited: