-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Oakland (Beaumont)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
safe assume no one really knows their post-II acceptance rate?
furryllama22
Full Member
on their interview day website, they say they expect to interview about 500 people for a class of 125. Usually I assume they would accept maybe less than a double of their class size, so about ~250. So maybe a 40-50% post II acceptance rate? of course, the likelihood of receiving an acceptance will change after time because of rolling admissionssafe assume no one really knows their post-II acceptance rate?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1143496
Low stats w/ SMP - complete on 9/10. I expected silence so far.
Am I actually still in this? Love the school and mission.
Is that how it works?
Is that how it works?
Forgive me but what do you mean? Sorry if my original comment didn’t make much sense. I typed it on mobile.
furryllama22
Full Member
out of curiosity, how many interview dates have passed by for this school so far? do they have interview dates weekly?
Anyone know if OUWB likes to ask current issue/political questions during the interview?
Matthew Adams
New Member
I am a current M1 at OUWB. If any of you have any questions about the school/application process feel free to either post on here or shoot me a DM and I would be more than happy to answer and questions that you may have! Good luck with this cycle!
Because the process is unpredictableHow come an OOS school gave me an II but here (#1 choice) hasn't yet? Where II?
SnailPo
Full Member
During the interview wrap-up, they said they would start informing people on the 17thDo you think we will hear back on the 15th or 17th?
thanks!!!!During the interview wrap-up, they said they would start informing people on the 17th
D
deleted1143496
why in the world would a school review applications at random?I went to their preview day a couple weeks ago and they said that they review apps at random, not in the order the that they're submitted. I've been complete since late June and haven't heard anything either.
The admin that day said that OUWB communicates with applicants throughout the entire process and doesn't ghost people or hand out soft Rs. They also said that no news is good news.
D
deleted1147093
oct 17th is almost here. so nervous
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
happy_squidward
Full Member
I hope so 😬Thinking we may get another round of R's and II's this Thursday. Historically these decisions go out Thursdays and we didn't hear last week
SnailPo
Full Member
Nope, nothing yetAnyone get the call?
D
deleted1146180
every notification on this thread is scaring me[emoji88]
Last year, it was in the late afternoon (around 2pm) and then people got calls throughout the week.Does anyone know what time they historically begin calling?
for those who post decisions, do y’all also mind posting how you felt about the interview and how you think the interviewer felt about u 🙂 teehee
D
deleted1147093
the anticipation is killing me..
D
deleted1147093
I requested work off to answer any calls today i hope they do give calls 😭
I did the same. Hope they don't keep us waiting :/I requested work off to answer any calls today i hope they do give calls 😭
they just probably forgot you should remind themWatch them not call anybody today 💀
When did you all interview?
SnailPo
Full Member
9/9When did you all interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8/12When did you all interview?
same8/12
8/12When did you all interview?
D
deleted1147093
are we sure they call today? maybe it will be later this week
random48294
Full Member
honestly i highly doubt theyll call today, they said sometime this week during the virtual fairare we sure they call today? maybe it will be later this week
uthrowaway98130
Full Member
yea i feel like it's too late now to callhonestly i highly doubt theyll call today, they said sometime this week during the virtual fair
SnailPo
Full Member
I gave up on them calling about an hour ago, so I guess we‘ll all be on edge throughout the weekhonestly i highly doubt theyll call today, they said sometime this week during the virtual fair
D
deleted1147093
yea because its 4pm now so i assume they’re all heading home from their work around now
did any of you all send a post-II update/letter of interest or letter of intent ??
D
deleted1147093
okay its safe to say no calls went out today. hopefully tomorrow they come out. this stress isnt good for me haha
D
deleted1147093
day 2 of waiting is among us my friends
Liliana❤️
New Member
day 2 of waiting is among us my friends
[emoji18]
D
deleted1147093
im so stressed…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1147093
mongus
Here we go again. Feeling so anxious
We gon get through thisHere we go again. Feeling so anxious
SnailPo
Full Member
Nope, go ahead. Your service is appreciatedguys I'm going to call but first I have to ask if anybody else has called yet?