2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No I'm still stuck at 4 bars and I sent a letter of interest back in January but it's just been silence
Well, a letter of intent isn’t appropriate because it says “I’ll attend if you accept me”, and you haven’t interviewed yet so you are not eligible for an acceptance offer.
Go over your app, be sure you have paid your secondary fee, submitted your secondary, and that the school has your letters. If any of these are lacking, fix that

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Soooo….?

I’m in the class of 2026 and I know some of my classmates submitted in December and got accepted. It couldn’t hurt to pay and submit now. Worst case scenario is you don’t get accepted this cycle and reapply. You would already be considered a reapplicant because you submitted your primary.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
But their tuition is also half of those other places so see it as you treating yourself to a necessary school device with the money you save from attending their college! :)

• Love
But their tuition is also half of those other places so see it as you treating yourself to a necessary school device with the money you save from attending their college! :)
Isnt PCOM like 56K/year?

Tuition and fees is 57k a year, definitely not on the low end unfortunately. It’s not CCOM high or LECOM low, kind of average to slightly above average.
Yeah LECOM was my first A, so I think I'm biased in thinking everthing else is high haha

I will add that I waited to get my iPad until probably a month into school and I wish I had had it from day one. So if you’re going to make any technology purchases for school, I would recommend doing it before school starts. That way, you will also have time to set it up the way that is most effective for studying.

Does anyone happen to know if/where I can find how many people apply, interview, and are accepted to PCOM? Just my neurotic brain trying to punch the numbers 🙃

Members don't see this ad :)
Neither me (interview 1/18) not my coworker (interview 1/11) have heard back…. Nice having someone a week ahead of me to gauge the timeline tho lmao

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 1/23, I wonder when decisions come out !

I interviewed at PCOM 12/20 and been at full bars for about a month 😭. I finally reached out to them recently and was told that with the holidays things are just taking a little longer than usual. Hoping to hear back soon though!!

Last edited:
I interviewed at PCOM 12/20 and been at full bars for about a month 😭. I finally reached out to them recently and was pretty much told that with the holidays things are taking a little longer than usual. Hoping to hear back soon though!!
Doesnt full bars mean a decisions already been made? Why they holding off lol

I interviewed at PCOM 12/20 and been at full bars for about a month . I finally reached out to them recently and was pretty much told that with the holidays things are taking a little longer than usual. Hoping to hear back soon though!!

Oh man so it’s almost been 2 whole months for you?? The wait is gonna be brutal

4 bars since being complete in mid oct , I'm losing hope but it's like my top choice

Reactions: 3 users
4 bars since being complete in mid oct , I'm losing hope but it's like my top choice
OH MY GOD I KNOW what is this wait I have been on 4 bars for over 6 months now that's MORE THAN HALF A YEAR and i'm about to go insane

Reactions: 6 users
just hit seven bars... screaming crying throwing up

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
just hit seven bars... screaming crying throwing up
Best of luck to you!!! If they release decisions in a similar fashion to how they released my decision, your portal should update by midafternoon tomorrow to reflect the official decision.

Best of luck to you!!! If they release decisions in a similar fashion to how they released my decision, your portal should update by midafternoon tomorrow to reflect the official decision.
hope so… on a completely unrelated note how do I black out for approximately the next 21 hours

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Is it because you prefer PCOM over your other DO acceptances?
Not necessarily, I don't know, maybe? Mainly because it's hard to deal with absolute radio silence from a school after 7 months of your application being complete, I guess. :cryi::cryi::cryi:

hope so… on a completely unrelated note how do I black out for approximately the next 21 hours
Oh that’s simple! First you [redacted], then you [classified], and then finally and most importantly you [copyrighted trade secrets]. Hope this helps!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Oh that’s simple! First you [redacted], then you [classified], and then finally and most importantly you [copyrighted trade secrets]. Hope this helps!
Damn I wish I were a doctor so I could read that… oh well

1676418730515.png

Hello darkness my old friend

Reactions: 3 users
Still at 6 bars.... I honestly wouldn't mind waiting another week or two, but I've got a deposit for KCU due on Friday and I would prefer to attend PCOM. It's a good problem to have, I just don't want to drop $1000 for nothing lol

bruh I have an interview tmrw for a program I so less prefer then PCOM haha hoping I get the email in the AM!!

anyone else's bars just disappear?? I was at 6 bars since right after my interview and now the bars are just gone completely?

Still at 6 bars.... I honestly wouldn't mind waiting another week or two, but I've got a deposit for KCU due on Friday and I would prefer to attend PCOM. It's a good problem to have, I just don't want to drop $1000 for nothing lol
Have you tried contacting PCOM and letting them know that? It might be worth it just to see if you can get a decision before spending $1000 you can't get back. The worst thing that happens is they give you no new information.

I am a current M1 at PCOM who is actually on medical leave so I will be entering with the class of 2027. If you have any questions about anything related to PCOM or medical school, I am happy to answer them! I will be on this Google Meet often for the next few months, willing to answer questions. I recommend trying me on the Google Meet first and if I'm not there, then you are welcome to message me.

Meet

Last edited:
they didn't send out the email yet but the results are up.... WL :(