2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Do accepted students also receive a physical letter in the mail? Sorry if this was already asked before!

Any tips for interviews? I'm really excited for my upcoming one!

I also completed August and I received an II on 2/23. My mentor told me to email to follow up with them that I was still interested in the school and I got an interview a few days later sooo idk if that helped but doesn't hurt to reach out to check in if you haven't already. They're still interviewing through March and April.
Do you mind sharing how you structured that email? I want to send an email as a I'm still interested response vs. a true update but don't quite know what to include.

Withdrawing my seat and scholarship offer. Hopefully it goes to one of you.
Good luck to you all! 🤞
If I may ask, how/when did PCOM send you a scholarship offer?
There was a financial aid info session last week, but I had work.

so my portal reveals 7 bars and a second dropdown list too (withdraw after offer dropdown list), but I don't see any decision. can anyone please tell me where to look for my decision on the portal? I interviewed 2/24. thank you!

so my portal reveals 7 bars and a second dropdown list too (withdraw after offer dropdown list), but I don't see any decision. can anyone please tell me where to look for my decision on the portal? I interviewed 2/24. thank you!
If a decision has been released to you, some new text should pop up on the top of your portal where it says that an update has been made. It’ll have a link that’ll reveal what your official decision is

If a decision has been released to you, some new text should pop up on the top of your portal where it says that an update has been made. It’ll have a link that’ll reveal what your official decision is
oh, gotcha. I haven't seen the text so the decision has not been released. I'll follow up with the school on Monday. thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Any tips for interviews? I'm really excited for my upcoming one!
Be your authentic self and tout your accomplishments and passions. Have a concise answer for what DOs do and why they do it.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else interviewed in late Jan and not heard back?

Hey, was wondering if anyone has their application as still being "reviewed". Its been like that since November for me :/

Reactions: 4 users
I called PCOM today and they replied they will release the decision within this week and that a final decision will be made. Is this unusual? My portal shows 7 bars and a second dropdown list.

I called PCOM today and they replied they will release the decision within this week and that a final decision will be made. Is this unusual? My portal shows 7 bars and a second dropdown list.
From what others have reported on the thread, the usual case is that they get a result a day after their portal changes. For you, it seems that your decision will be released later than usual. But this shouldn’t be any cause for concern as they stated that they’ll release your decision this week. Just keep an eye on your portal for any updates. Best of luck to you!!!

Hey, was wondering if anyone has their application as still being "reviewed". Its been like that since November for me :
I am checking my portal every day and it has been showing 7 bars but my application is under final review. is yours showing the same? I wonder what this means.

At this point I'm just going to assume all of us 4 bar plebs are going to receive a generic rejection at the end of the cycle.

Reactions: 6 users
At this point I'm just going to assume all of us 4 bar plebs are going to receive a generic rejection at the end of the cycle.
4 bar gang, best gang

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Are the interviews over? I thought they went till mid April and we had a chance
Their website says "Interviews for the DO program begin in mid-September and will be conducted through March." I'd say our chances are pretty slim at this point.

• Sad
Their website says "Interviews for the DO program begin in mid-September and will be conducted through March." I'd say our chances are pretty slim at this point.
I read in last years thread people got interviews till 4/22. They also have dates till mid April I think we still have a chance

Reactions: 1 users
I'm gonna carry hope for all of us 4 bars until they send the actual reject

Reactions: 2 users
I’ll gladly trade my one stressful WL for four As lol
PCOM sounds like your first choice. wishing you the best.

And all of us who are waiting for more news from PCOM -- hope we get good news eventually.
I've been refreshing the PCOM portal every couple of minutes.

I got an A just now. Looks like the appearance of the second dropdown list as an indication of an A is true.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users