You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UC - San Diego
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
makdaddyncheese
Full Member
I am so nervous I feel like I could faint. This is my top school and alma mater!
This is my first time applying. Does anyone know if they have a set date where they reject those that are on the waitlist? I know theres a commit deadline im guessing they cannot keep us waitlisted beyond that date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sdgirl1234
New Member
Does anyone know if we reapply, is there a chance we get an interview again or would they have already written us off?
I think it’s like waves. They email a bunch at once and depending on how many people reject the offer from the waitlist, they email the next set. Not sure if that’s how it works here, but guessing it most probably does.How does waitlist movement work? Will they email people one by one until an unspecified date?
Around 1pmCongrats!!! When did you get the email?
I was a reapplicant and just got in.Does anyone know if we reapply, is there a chance we get an interview again or would they have already written us off?
milkbread99
New Member
do yall think WL movt is done lol
morninbird
New Member
Ahhh I hope not 🙁
barbecuesquirrel
Full Member
Yupdo yall think WL movt is done lol
Schools do send rejection emails right? Or do schools just basically not tell you ever and then you assume you were rejected if you did not hear back by the commit date.
lil_raisin
Full Member
I am pretty sure we will get rejection emails eventually, it just might be a whileSchools do send rejection emails right? Or do schools just basically not tell you ever and then you assume you were rejected if you did not hear back by the commit date.
Shamounmaker3
Full Member
There is no way waitlist movement is done they just started today for all we know its only been 2 people
Shamounmaker3
Full Member
hang in there everyone keep your hopes up its not done till its done
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sdgirl1234
New Member
I was a reapplicant and just got in.
Congrats!! Sorry I meant if we were waitlisted this year, would we have a chance next year?I was a reapplicant and just got in.
I was waitlisted in the 20-21 cycle and got in off the waitlist this year. I took an extra year off to make my app stronger because there’s no way I would’ve strengthened it in like 5-6 months between interview and reapplying.Congrats!! Sorry I meant if we were waitlisted this year, would we have a chance next year?
WeOutHereWaiting
Full Member
Just withdrew myself from the waitlist. Good luck everyone else
I saw a positive comment on here to still have hope. I was wondering if for those who are more experienced with the medical school application process...if waitlists typically end by a certain time? The reading I've done confirms that most schools do inform applicants that the waitlist cycle is over but doesn't give a likely date range.
some schools won’t tell you, the silence is ur indication you’ve been rejected. others are nicer and reject u. there is no “date” i’ve heard of schools accepting students a week before orientation. not sure if this is common or rare and not sure if ucsd has done thisI saw a positive comment on here to still have hope. I was wondering if for those who are more experienced with the medical school application process...if waitlists typically end by a certain time? The reading I've done confirms that most schools do inform applicants that the waitlist cycle is over but doesn't give a likely date range.
Justgrinding
Full Member
I think I remember something like it running until classes start or a week before classes startThis is my first time applying. Does anyone know if they have a set date where they reject those that are on the waitlist? I know theres a commit deadline im guessing they cannot keep us waitlisted beyond that date?
Catboysonly
Full Member
On 6/7/22 for the 2021-22 cycle, Brian sent out an email telling us that their class is full and that the chance of getting off the WL was <1%. That was the only “rejection” email we got.I saw a positive comment on here to still have hope. I was wondering if for those who are more experienced with the medical school application process...if waitlists typically end by a certain time? The reading I've done confirms that most schools do inform applicants that the waitlist cycle is over but doesn't give a likely date range.
1direction12
Full Member
Are we expecting any waitlist movement this week ? Or is it over
June 1 is the CTE deadline, so I think after that, it'll be pretty set.Are we expecting any waitlist movement this week ? Or is it over
makdaddyncheese
Full Member
I feel like we are all jumping the gun by assuming that the waitlist movement is over. The reality is that none of us truly know what is going on. I know we are all hoping and praying the waitlist movement continues. Everything is going to be okay! We all got this!
morninbird
New Member
Agreed! We got this! I did email Brian this morning but no response yet so I'll keep yall posted on any waitlist updates
coldfreezingcalls
Full Member
has anyone tried calling the admission office?
They just did the first wave on Friday so I’m guessing another wave on Friday( if they give them a week) the sporadic ones after that ?has anyone tried calling the admission office?
1direction12
Full Member
Was it a big wave last week? Only one person posted on here about getting in
lil_raisin
Full Member
The number of members in the facebook group went up to 216, but it still says no new members have been added to the group. I would think if it was a big wave we'd see at least some new members added
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coldfreezingcalls
Full Member
on the mobile app it better reflects the new members that join, which is four new members in the last week.The number of members in the facebook group went up to 216, but it still says no new members have been added to the group. I would think if it was a big wave we'd see at least some new members added
lil_raisin
Full Member
I see, thanks for letting me know! I guess then it could be a bigger wave of people accepted off the waitlist thenon the mobile app it better reflects the new members that join, which is four new members in the last week.
plantlover23
Full Member
Still no response from Brian?Agreed! We got this! I did email Brian this morning but no response yet so I'll keep yall posted on any waitlist updates
Shamounmaker3
Full Member
WHEN IS THIS NEXT WAVE OF WL DECISIONS UGH IM DYING
morninbird
New Member
nothing 🙁 I am hoping they are just busy writing acceptance emails 🤞🤞Still no response from Brian?
Luckystar96
Full Member
nothing 🙁 I am hoping they are just busy writing acceptance emails [emoji1696][emoji1696]
I hope so! Did you just ask him if the class is full?
coldfreezingcalls
Full Member
Any news from peeps?
Facebook group went up to 220 :/
Shamounmaker3
Full Member
Are we just all screwed
morninbird
New Member
I did but no response so far 🙁I hope so! Did you just ask him if the class is full?
lil_raisin
Full Member
seems like waitlist movement might be minimal now... it was nice stressing alongside all ya'll. So long partner... looks like I'll be moving to Detroit
Last edited:
Jimmy McGill
Full Member
We knew this was a possibility going in. It has been an honor and a privilege to die on this waitlist with you little raisin. Godspeedseems like waitlist movement might be minimal now... it was nice stressing alongside all ya'll. So long partner... looks like I'll be moving to Detroit
lil_raisin
Full Member
Goodluck to everyone! We are all going to become bad ass doctors wherever we end up. We made it this far so we should at least be proud of that!
makdaddyncheese
Full Member
Was it confirmed that WL movement is done?
Thats a good question lol. Theres been waitlist movement today on various waitlist support threads. THat being said, I am starting to move forward with much of my paperwork for my accepted schools...but not gonna give up completely until Brian Zeglen sends me an email (which I saw on old threads that he does tend to send) . I think its important for those who have acceptances to start moving forward and preparing to possibly move to go to wherever these schools are and it not being here in SD.Was it confirmed that WL movement is done?
I dont think anyone really knows when its done makdaddyncheese, but either way its kinda like being in limbo. Best advice I got from my loved ones who knew how badly I wanted to go here was to just move forward with my other acceptances and if I hear good news from here...then hooray...but if i don't then atleast I didn't fall behind.
Good luck everyone tho. Wouldn't be surprised if someone (1 or two or three) in this thread gets off this week. Definitely not impossible. Good luck everyone!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
makdaddyncheese
Full Member
This is exactly how I am handling it! I’m getting all of my paperwork and medical tests done while planning for my other acceptance. I think moving forward is the best choice and then if we get off the WL, then we get off!Thats a good question lol. Theres been waitlist movement today on various waitlist support threads. THat being said, I am starting to move forward with much of my paperwork for my accepted schools...but not gonna give up completely until Brian Zeglen sends me an email (which I saw on old threads that he does tend to send) . I think its important for those who have acceptances to start moving forward and preparing to possibly move to go to wherever these schools are and it not being here in SD.
I dont think anyone really knows when its done makdaddyncheese, but either way its kinda like being in limbo. Best advice I got from my loved ones who knew how badly I wanted to go here was to just move forward with my other acceptances and if I hear good news from here...then hooray...but if i don't then atleast I didn't fall behind.
Good luck everyone tho. Wouldn't be surprised if someone (1 or two or three) in this thread gets off this week. Definitely not impossible. Good luck everyone!!
Shamounmaker3
Full Member
Has anyone had any luck getting a response from emailing admissions instead of brian?
Shamounmaker3
Full Member
up to 224 +10 in the last week
To be fair, a few of my accepted groups on facebook got +7 and a lot of them were M4's selling their furniture cause they are leaving for residency. And on another some financial aid people and people who have rooms for rent that are like M2 and M3. Can't say its forsure the case for the UCSD page, but just another perspective
up to 224 +10 in the last week