2022-2023 UC - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My plan was to submit one that includes all of my updates and a letter of intent kinda built in to it. Anyone else got ideas?
I was planning to do the same.
how long are y’all’s? bc mine is coming out to 2 pages single spaced lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
how long are y’all’s? bc mine is coming out to 2 pages single spaced lol
They specifically make it vague on formatting. But professionally speaking, usually documents like this are limited to one page, Id try to cut it down a bit. Or splitting it into two separate uploads (one LOI and one update)

Reactions: 1 users
They specifically make it vague on formatting. But professionally speaking, usually documents like this are limited to one page, Id try to cut it down a bit. Or splitting it into two separate uploads (one LOI and one update)
Mine was one page and then like a third of the second page. It might be good to cut down some, but I think you should be fine as long as its around a page and a half or less.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping for movement starting this week! I have to CTE on june 1 to my current school

Reactions: 4 users
Sad Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

That waitlist feeling.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users

Lol @ me checking the UCSD class of 2027 FB page constantly to see if any new people get added 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Last year they did it Thursday after the April 30th deadline. So it’s likely they’ll send decisions this Thursday as well.
Waitlist movement really is just astrology for premeds man. I'm going insane

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wishing all the waitlist applicants good luck hopefully we all hear good news tomorrow!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Wow
Waitlist movement really is just astrology for premeds man. I'm going insane
This is so true lol. I've never seen someone describe it so perfectly. I have friends in PA, Nursing, and all that. Their applications are stressful in their own right too, but this is next level.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
FB is at 223 with “+0 in the last week”

Just out of curiosity, how good of a measure is the FB group #? I've been checking FB everyday but started to wonder if everyone who gets in joins the FB group??

Just out of curiosity, how good of a measure is the FB group #? I've been checking FB everyday but started to wonder if everyone who gets in joins the FB group??
Hmm, might not be the best, but can be used to check for waitlist movement I think. Like, if no one joined the FB group and no one posted here as well, then we can probably assume that there hasn’t been any movement yet.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Decisions have typically come out on Fridays right? Maybe we will hear something tomorrow!

Also according to @gyngyn in the waitlist support thread:
"There appears to be a glitch in the CYMS tool for schools.
This is likely to slow processing of alternate lists until it is fixed."

So this could be affecting decisions this week if UCSD relies on the CYMS data before extending offers

UCSD did a great job selecting Better Call Saul fans to the waitlist. I hope we will all celebrate with some shots of Zafiro Anejo in a few months!!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
No one added to FB group

we prob wont hear anything over the weekend right? tryna decide how stressed i should be over the next two days lmao

• Care
we prob wont hear anything over the weekend right? tryna decide how stressed i should be over the next two days lmao
😭 awwhh try to get your mind off and don't be too stressed!! But I'm soooo stressed too lol
Yeah I don't think they'll make calls during the weekend tbh

• Care
Just out of curiosity, is anyone here waiting for GHA waitlist (or got into GHA)? Just trying to figure out their GHA WL process so I can predict my future a little but hahaha

ignore my neuroticism, but i noticed in the sdn threads for the past few years, it seems like WL acceptances are mostly released on tuesdays or thursdays. might be the same this year too?

Hey everyone. Just checking to be super sure, they let you know via email right? We don't have to keep checking our individual portals where we submitted our updates to?

Hey everyone. Just checking to be super sure, they let you know via email right? We don't have to keep checking our individual portals where we submitted our updates to?
Yes!! I know someone who got off the WL from UCSD last year and she got it through email.