2022-2023 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
long time lurker, first-time poster! also got the A last night over email (around 6 PM PST, for regular MD)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we done or we have more to come? Anxiously waiting 😌
As of now I guess monitoring the FB group size and comparing to last year’s is the only thing we have to go by.

Someone said WL prediction is basically Astrology for pre-meds, and now I know exactly what they mean

Reactions: 1 users
As of now I guess monitoring the FB group size and comparing to last year’s is the only thing we have to go by.

Someone said WL prediction is basically Astrology for pre-meds, and now I know exactly what they mean
There are ~9 people who left the accepted students fb group chat
If that helps 🤷‍♀️

how’s it looking compared to last year?

how’s it looking compared to last year?
Looking at the thread from last year, it looks like there were ~250 people in it around this time. As of now the current group is about ~170 but not sure how much yesterday's WL movement will increase it by.

• Care
  • Hmm
Not sure if we can still keep our hopes up
Personally I'm gonna give it til the end of next week. If no additional WL movement by then, I'm just gonna have to start getting over it. I know this process is supposed to be a mental battle but at this point it's just becoming kind of unhealthy, at least for me.

Reactions: 5 users
WL prediction is basically Astrology for pre-meds
I would just honestly stop trying to understand the black box, everyone. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen, and if not, it isn't. No amount of speculation or looking at past threads is going to make you feel any better. Love you all! <3

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
And then there’s me who hasn’t even received a decision. Idk what’s taking them so long 😫

Members don't see this ad :)
That's insane, did you ask them about it?
Yea, they said that due to the way admissions was done this year, there’s a handful of students who admissions committee still doesn’t have a decision for.

• Wow
Yea, they said that due to the way admissions was done this year, there’s a handful of students who admissions committee still doesn’t have a decision for.
bro WHAT. I am sorry that this is even possible

That is some straight-up BS right there, TBH, and UCSF, no matter how prestigious an institution they are, should be ashamed of themselves for putting anyone through that kind of emotional holding pattern. What the flying hell?!

Reactions: 2 users
Got off Reg MD WL 5/2/23. Looks like there's way more movement than last year :beaver:

• Wow
Any update on GroupMe size? I got in somewhere else and have to start thinking about housing and moving and everything so idk how long i should hold out hope for :/

do we think there will be anymore WL movement or is it safe to assume that this is likely it?

do we think there will be anymore WL movement or is it safe to assume that this is likely it?
I feel like there will be more judging by the FB group count, but if we see zero movement by the end of this week, I think it’s over besides maybe a few scraps here and there from now til classes begin.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
according to last year's SDN, someone emailed Hallen in may and she informed them about prospects of more WL movement? does anyone wanna uh...take one for the team? XD it's been too quiet

Got off the waitlist this afternoon :) Regular MD. Looks like there's a lot of movement this year, here's hoping there's more.

Reactions: 7 users
Has anybody heard of any JMP waitlist movement? It seems like there's a good amount of movement for the regular MD program but pretty quiet on the JMP side

Last edited:
Screaming and crying I got in for regular MD!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got rejected from JMP after being on waitlist, goodluck to everyone still in the running! Really praying for regular MD now…

• Care
Regular MD A email came in. The list is still active!

Reactions: 10 users