2022-2023 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know anything about how open UCSF is to deferring 1y? Having trouble finding any past posts if there are any, please link!

Members don't see this ad.

Not to be creepy but the # of ppl on the FB page seems low. Definitely lower than previous years

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not to be creepy but the # of ppl on the FB page seems low. Definitely lower than previous years
Eh. Nothing's gonna budge till May 1st, per their policy. Best to make arrangements for your secured acceptances and then hope for WL movement, in that order.

Eh. Nothing's gonna budge till May 1st, per their policy. Best to make arrangements for your secured acceptances and then hope for WL movement, in that order.
I contatcted the admissions office and they said not all acceptances have gone out yet.

I contatcted the admissions office and they said not all acceptances have gone out yet.
Does that mean all "decisions" or all "acceptances?"

Clarification edit: Are there still interviewers who are awaiting a decision or has everyone gotten a decision, but there are still acceptances for those who received a waitlist?

Sorry, I am still trying to cling on to hope :cryi:

Does that mean all "decisions" or all "acceptances?"

Clarification edit: Are there still interviewers who are awaiting a decision or has everyone gotten a decision, but there are still acceptances for those who received a waitlist?

Sorry, I am still trying to cling on to hope :cryi:
There are still interviewers who are waiting on a decision. When I called they said that they were supposed to have all decisions out already but that sometimes they take longer on certain applicants. And in my case they said they still didn’t have a decision.

There are still interviewers who are waiting on a decision. When I called they said that they were supposed to have all decisions out already but that sometimes they take longer on certain applicants. And in my case they said they still didn’t have a decision.
Damn. What a dangling of nerves that must be. Praying for good news for you (and all of us), friend!

Does anyone know if UCSF offers / matches merit aid? I have a generous scholarship from a T20 but UCSF is my top choice

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone found a phone number for the admissions office?

• Love
Does anyone know if UCSF offers / matches merit aid? I have a generous scholarship from a T20 but UCSF is my top choice
I got merit aid. I’m a unique applicant though (ward of the state) so my financial situation is all over the board

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they already get back to you on your financial aid?
I’ve been going back and forth with them for months about it. I’m gonna attend no matter what but I’m not in a situation with any support network outside my SO so I needed to discuss it with them from the minute I got an interview

Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked or if they review all the alternate list again?

Am I correct in understanding that UCSF hasn’t had any WL movement in past years? It’s confusing because on AAMC their WL stats say 50/150 move for UCSF

Am I correct in understanding that UCSF hasn’t had any WL movement in past years? It’s confusing because on AAMC their WL stats say 50/150 move for UCSF
A current student above said zero movement last year for the straight MD program and a little movement in some programs, like PRIME. No one knows what's going to happen after May 1st this year. Fingers crossed.

What's the commit to enroll date for UCSF this year?

In my financial aid, there was a $5k/year “donor scholarship”. Is this the same thing as basic funding?

• Wow
I was wondering if any admitted applicants could give a general idea on how many ppl are in the accepted group me? or if people have dropped out from it since April 15th? just trying to get a sense of if there will actually be WL movement

I was wondering if any admitted applicants could give a general idea on how many ppl are in the accepted group me? or if people have dropped out from it since April 15th? just trying to get a sense of if there will actually be WL movement
in the fb it looks like there’s 179 people there!

Do waitlist decisions usually come out at once after May 1st or is it like a slow wave? Just wondering how I'd be able to get my things in order with potentially such short timing.

Do waitlist decisions usually come out at once after May 1st or is it like a slow wave? Just wondering how I'd be able to get my things in order with potentially such short timing.
I imagine it’s a pretty slow wave — according to the sdn from last year a lot of folks were slow to pick UCSF on the AMCAS CYMS tool so that caused delays in movement off the WL (although it seems as though there was little to no movement)

I imagine it’s a pretty slow wave — according to the sdn from last year a lot of folks were slow to pick UCSF on the AMCAS CYMS tool so that caused delays in movement off the WL (although it seems as though there was little to no movement)
But don’t they need to pick it by May 1st? We have to keep only one school by April 30th. Correct?

But don’t they need to pick it by May 1st? We have to keep only one school by April 30th. Correct?
This is correct. Not sure what the previous poster meant by "slow", but all schools will know what they are working with by May 1st.

This is correct. Not sure what the previous poster meant by "slow", but all schools will know what they are working with by May 1st.
last year, folks on the WL contacted Hallen on the admissions team, who stated that they were experiencing delays due to people not following the rules CYMS tool traffic rules. while we’re all supposed to narrow down to one school by April 30th, not all folks did — hence why there were delays

does anyone have any idea for how waitlist movement might look this year? Also does anyone have waitlist data from 2019 2020 2021 since I know that last year no one got off :(

Has anyone got lucky negotiating your financial aid package? My emails are getting ignored I think :/

WL people, does your financial aid website show that your parent's tax returns are not in yet? I added them on CSS a while back but they're still not checked off in the financial aid portal and I'm curious if that's something they just haven't done for WL yet

WL people, does your financial aid website show that your parent's tax returns are not in yet? I added them on CSS a while back but they're still not checked off in the financial aid portal and I'm curious if that's something they just haven't done for WL yet
I'm on WL as well, but mine says "received."

• Wow
I'm on WL as well, but mine says "received."
Also WL, and I'm on the UCSF Student Financial Services page and my Financial Aid application actually says "Submitted". What page are you on?

Last edited:
Also WL, and I'm on the UCSF Student Financial Services page and my Financial Aid application actually says "Submitted". What page are you on?
Click on Menu in the top left, then click on "Documents & Messages"

Click on Menu in the top left, then click on "Documents & Messages"
Ah, interesting. Thanks! @photoid , I'm in the same boat as you. I submitted these through CSS, but my parent's tax returns are listed as "Not Received". I'll deal with it if there is any WL movement, at this point.

Got the A off the WL about 2 hours ago!

Last edited:
  • Okay...