2022-2023 UC - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Say I commit to enroll at a DO program, and then I hear back from the waitlist and I get in to ucsd, can I withdraw from the do program and commit to the md program considering they are two different entities?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the criteria for the conditional acceptance program other than having no acceptances? Or how many people are offered this opportunity off of the waitlist?

Does anyone know when WLed students will receive the email for update letters?

Say I commit to enroll at a DO program, and then I hear back from the waitlist and I get in to ucsd, can I withdraw from the do program and commit to the md program considering they are two different entities?
You can but you’ll lose your DO deposit

Members don't see this ad :)
I think tomorrow is the big day for hearing back, last year April 20th everyone heard back on either an R or WL.

I think tomorrow is the big day for hearing back, last year April 20th everyone heard back on either an R or WL.
Im looking at last years SDN thread, and from what I can see, people were receiving an email to submit an application update on April 22nd. I am not seeing anything on April 20th, but I could be missing something?

Im looking at last years SDN thread, and from what I can see, people were receiving an email to submit an application update on April 22nd. I am not seeing anything on April 20th, but I could be missing something?
Oh crap wrong university LOL, you are right! Disregard my comment

I think its April 25th, at least it has been for the last 2 cycles.
I had assumed it was the Monday before the April 30 deadline. When I applied in the 20-21 cycle, we were emailed for updates on Monday, April 26 around 7AM when 4/30 was a Friday. Last year they got it on Monday, April 25 (unsure about the time) when 4/30 was a Saturday meaning the deadline was actually 5/2. Since it is a Sunday this year, 5/1 will be the real deadline. Either way, I'd expect an email within the next couple of days.

Reactions: 4 users
To waitlisted students: Has anyone received an email for updates?

• Dislike
I am now starting to get worried that they are not taking any WL this year?? :cryi:

• Sad
Hey everyone! Just received the "continued interest" email for waitlisted applicants at 1pm PST. Be on the lookout!

Reactions: 6 users
^^ Same here! Good luck to everyone hope to see y'all in the fall!

Looks like they accept more than one update. Are you guys planning to send just one or more than that?

Looks like they accept more than one update. Are you guys planning to send just one or more than that?
My plan was to submit one that includes all of my updates and a letter of intent kinda built in to it. Anyone else got ideas?

Does anyone have the link to apply for the UCSD housing? I vaguely remember a current student mentioning it during my interview that it's helpful to sign up for it asap, but it definitely slipped my mind until now.

This might sound dumb, but are we able to submit additional LoRs as an "update"? I am assuming no, but if anyone has any info

Do any current students know if people taken from the WL are ever given aid? Or if they’d be willing to bring costs closer to someone’s current acceptance?

I’d love to go here but this school costs 2x more than my current A. If they don’t I’ll probably just withdraw so I don’t waste anyone’s time.

Hi all! For anyone on the waitlist, can someone help me make sure I understand this portion correctly? On the document upload section they say they do not accept 'Application "updates" on things that have happened since you originally submitted your application (e.g. new grades, more hours added in a listed activity, publications resulting from research).'

Basically then, our update/LOI document can only express continued interest in the school?

Hi all! For anyone on the waitlist, can someone help me make sure I understand this portion correctly? On the document upload section they say they do not accept 'Application "updates" on things that have happened since you originally submitted your application (e.g. new grades, more hours added in a listed activity, publications resulting from research).'

Basically then, our update/LOI document can only express continued interest in the school?
the 'no updates' thing is for the general cycle. they only accept updates if you're on the WL, ie now.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know what changes they're making to the curriculum for next year and if they're on a website somewhere?

This might sound dumb, but are we able to submit additional LoRs as an "update"? I am assuming no, but if anyone has any info
No, they explicitly state it in the portal's document upload section
I think you can actually. Looking at the portal it says you also can’t send them updates right above where it says you can’t send more LoRs. But obviously that guidance is for general applicants and not waitlisted ppl. It says at the bottom that waitlisted ppl should follow the instructions sent in April, and the email we got is very vague and doesn’t have any restrictions (beyond the five upload cap). I would say if you have more LoRs go for it.

I think you can actually. Looking at the portal it says you also can’t send them updates right above where it says you can’t send more LoRs. But obviously that guidance is for general applicants and not waitlisted ppl. It says at the bottom that waitlisted ppl should follow the instructions sent in April, and the email we got is very vague and doesn’t have any restrictions (beyond the five upload cap). I would say if you have more LoRs go for it.
I agree you probably could send more LORs. Would additional LORs be uploaded through the portal by us though? Or do you think they would have to be sent to the school through interfolio/the recommender?

I agree you probably could send more LORs. Would additional LORs be uploaded through the portal by us though? Or do you think they would have to be sent to the school through interfolio/the recommender?
I would assume by you, since interfolio is only set up to be sent through AMCAS and I highly doubt there is a system in place for that. Obviously if you’re the one uploading it schools take it with a grain of salt but Id imagine itd still be better than not sending one.

I would assume by you, since interfolio is only set up to be sent through AMCAS and I highly doubt there is a system in place for that. Obviously if you’re the one uploading it schools take it with a grain of salt but Id imagine itd still be better than not sending one.
Oh true, i agree — worth a shot but wouldn’t hold too much weight though as you wouldn’t blind to the letters like they would be through Interfolio

Anyone know what changes they're making to the curriculum for next year and if they're on a website somewhere?
Not sure if it's on a website, but from interview day I recall the current students mentioning that there is a new compassion-based CARE courses held on Tuesday afternoon and they are starting concentration-based electives. I think they said you are not restricted to only the courses for a certain concentration, but are more so to easily organize/categorize the types of classes you took. There were some more things that I unfortunately didn't get a chance to take down, but hope this is a bit helpful.

Not sure if it's on a website, but from interview day I recall the current students mentioning that there is a new compassion-based CARE courses held on Tuesday afternoon and they are starting concentration-based electives. I think they said you are not restricted to only the courses for a certain concentration, but are more so to easily organize/categorize the types of classes you took. There were some more things that I unfortunately didn't get a chance to take down, but hope this is a bit helpful.
Thank you, FriendlyBee!