2022-2023 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m not sure if you are in-state our out of, but if you are in state, the total COA (which is tuition, housing, food etc), is very low compared to any school that is remotely of their stature. Even for out of state the out of state fee is pretty low. On top of that, their need based aid is decently generous, i know a student who got pretty much half off from COA due to low family income. Lasly, CA has good social safety net programs. It is very easy to get on SNAP which can help with your food budget, and there are subsidized housing locations, which although are not the nicest to live in, do allow you to save a good amount. But beyond all that, almost everyone who doesn’t have incredibly rich parents is going to have to go into debt for medical school, it is just a fact. The good thing is, even as the lowest paid specialty you can pay off your debt after 2-3 years as an attending. Don’t worry about finances and be happy for this absolutely fantastic opportunity.
Or, hear me out, you can take advantage of the amenities San Francisco has to offer. Put up a tent outside of UCSF lecture halls, buy a comfortable cardboard sheet, and eat syringes for breakfast.

That was my plan to afford it, anyway.

Reactions: 2 users
How do we start the UCSF 23-24 Financial Aid Application? It requires an account but cannot seem to find a way to register for one?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are WL people supposed to do for financial aid? Got the mail but idk whether I should wait until I get off WL before doing all this

Yes on the accepted portal under additional info

This is all I see:
"Accepted Students Weekend: A revisit weekend for accepted applicants will be in April. More information, including a schedule will be sent in March."

Is there somewhere else that said April 21?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is all I see:
"Accepted Students Weekend: A revisit weekend for accepted applicants will be in April. More information, including a schedule will be sent in March."

Is there somewhere else that said April 21?
They said during my interview that it’ll be that weekend

Reactions: 1 user
The March wave is supposed to be smaller right? Anyone know how many students have been accepted so far?

The March wave is supposed to be smaller right? Anyone know how many students have been accepted so far?
There’s 78 people on the accepted student Facebook group. I’m sure there’s more people who were accepted who don’t use Facebook, though.

Idk if it is supposed to be smaller. From what it sounds like they were slow in the beginning and had small interview cohorts and then ramped it up in December - February

I just read someone saying that earlier in the thread so I assumed. I guess it’s all just speculation 😅

In previous years, there were decisions released this past Friday. Any guesses on when the next decision release will be?

Any other fellow WL'ers - do y'all see UCSF on your AMCAS choose your medical school tool? I see another school I've been waitlisted at, but not UCSF. Just wanted to make sure I'm still in the running for the WL haha :)

Any other fellow WL'ers - do y'all see UCSF on your AMCAS choose your medical school tool? I see another school I've been waitlisted at, but not UCSF. Just wanted to make sure I'm still in the running for the WL haha :)
Nope - doesn't show up for me either. Maybe they haven't provided WL data yet?

Jumpstarted my heart… on a related note, I thought my UCSF interview went poorly. Anyone else feel the same?
you're not alone, i felt like my student interview didn't go as well as i had hoped (':

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
anyone else on alternate list NOT see UCSF on their CYMS?

Reactions: 4 users
Do you think there’s possibility they pull people off the WL this round?

I hope, this wait is killer. And do we know the time decisions came out in feb?