2022-2023 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a group me / chat to talk about second look?

I don’t think so. I’m seriously wondering when these things are gonna happen cus I’m thinking I’ll wanna have roommates.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think so. I’m seriously wondering when these things are gonna happen cus I’m thinking I’ll wanna have roommates.
They happened early April last cycle.

anyone going to the revisit temple or second look day?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone not heard anything at all since submitting their secondary last July? no interview, rejection, hold, etc. Should i just consider this a rejection at this point?

Reactions: 8 users
has anyone not heard anything at all since submitting their secondary last July? no interview, rejection, hold, etc. Should i just consider this a rejection at this point?
IIRC, interviews are conducted from September - March, so chances are slim that interviews would be sent and scheduled within March at this point

Anyone know how many applicants are on the continuing candidates / waitlist and how many are eventually accepted? Is it listed on MSAR (I dont have a subscription)?

I found this document but there's not much info for Temple
That document takes the info directly from MSAR, which unfortunately is correct that Temple doesn't release that info. I recommend looking at previous years and seeing how many people report getting off the waitlist. If none, the little movement. If a lot, then a lot. Multiply by 4-8 times to get a very very very rough representation of how many people get off the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
WLed for St. Luke's on 03/22. Pretty bummed as I felt the 3 individual interviews were my best ones of the cycle

My secondary was complete in September and I’m still in limbo 🥴

Reactions: 2 users
So I was browsing thru the TU Portal and stumbled upon the scholarship portal.
Based on my FAFSA Expected Family Contribution of only $300, they said I have no financial need for the upcoming year. Listen buddy I'm as poor as a rock :arghh:

View attachment 368403
That seems to be a scholarship search and unrelated to financial aid.

did anyone get a confirmation email when they rsvp'd for the second look?

Hey everyone! Does anyone know if II are still being distributed? I am an OOS and have not heard anything...

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I interviewed in January got on the continued candidates list on 1/31. I know they encourage students to send letters of intent/interest starting in April but I can’t seem to find where to submit them. Does anyone know if it’s on the portal or to a specific email?
Hi! I emailed them about this, they told me to email them the LOI and they'd put it in my file. I emailed the regular admissions email.

Anyone know how much each of the interviews is weighted? (Faculty, blind, and community)

Anyone know how much each of the interviews is weighted? (Faculty, blind, and community)
This is PURELY anecdotal but I had a pretty rough community interview, a decent faculty interview, and an awesome blind interview. Got accepted in Nov. I wouldn’t take anything from this except that if you feel one interview didn’t go great… don’t worry too much!

Hey everyone! Does anyone (current applicants or current students) have any idea when we should hear back with either an II or R? I have heard nothing since submitting in JULY and I am getting irritated lol. I have submitted 3 letters of interest (October, January, and late March). I also emailed and asked if they are sending out any more II (I'll let y'all know what they say). Any info would be great!

This is PURELY anecdotal but I had a pretty rough community interview, a decent faculty interview, and an awesome blind interview. Got accepted in Nov. I wouldn’t take anything from this except that if you feel one interview didn’t go great… don’t worry too much!
My interviews went the exact same way. Thanks for the peace of mind.

Is there going to be an accepted students group created soon?

I hope so, I've just been waiting for that and financial aid
At the second look day, they told us that the financial aid *should* be released this week or next week. Also, the accepted students group will be created in the next 2 weeks along with a sheet to find roommates probably near May. The financial aid will continue to be updated until we start on July 31, so if you don't see any soon, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't get any! All of the updates will come through either your AMCAS email, the TUPortal, or your TUMail, so make sure to check those!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how far out they're sending interviews?

At the second look day, they told us that the financial aid *should* be released this week or next week. Also, the accepted students group will be created in the next 2 weeks along with a sheet to find roommates probably near May. The financial aid will continue to be updated until we start on July 31, so if you don't see any soon, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't get any! All of the updates will come through either your AMCAS email, the TUPortal, or your TUMail, so make sure to check those!
I literally love you— thank you for this info!!

• Love
Pre II R just now! "Removed" from consideration is a new one and feels oddly personal. +5/10 rejection.

Reactions: 3 users