2022-2023 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone receive an acceptance who did not attend or sign up for a campus tour beforehand? I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to afford the cost of a hotel, flight, and time off work for such a short visit, but I'm wondering if not signing up for these tours makes the school think I'm not interested.
i did not sign up for a campus tour before hand, because of the same reasons.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still no email, but the prematch offer appeared on my TMDSAS account under "Pre-Match Offer Withdrawal" :shrug: I'll take it, but a little odd!
 
Still no email, but the prematch offer appeared on my TMDSAS account under "Pre-Match Offer Withdrawal" :shrug: I'll take it, but a little odd!
Same!
I actually went ahead and accepted the pre-match on the portal. I wonder if I'll still get the personalized email.
I kinda wonder if it's going alphabetical order or something? Or if someone had a couple days off?
 
Same!
I actually went ahead and accepted the pre-match on the portal. I wonder if I'll still get the personalized email.
I kinda wonder if it's going alphabetical order or something? Or if someone had a couple days off?
Or a touch of writer's block? Nice that they make the email more than just a form letter
 
So I can still prematch/match to another school after accepting the position offered at this school?
Yes that is correct. In February you will rank all the schools that interviewed you, whether you have a prematch offer at them or not. A prematch is your assurance you are going somewhere next year
 
Interviewed a few weeks ago and haven’t been invited to tour yet? Has anyone else received one?
 
No idea if I am crazy, but I have not gotten an email nor do I see anything in my portal. However, I have the option to withdraw from a pre-match offer from El Paso. Has this happened to anyone else? Want to make sure I'm not crazy before thinking I'll be an MD for sure!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No idea if I am crazy, but I have not gotten an email nor do I see anything in my portal. However, I have the option to withdraw from a pre-match offer from El Paso. Has this happened to anyone else? Want to make sure I'm not crazy before thinking I'll be an MD for sure!
Once I accepted the offer on the portal, I couldn’t see the “Offer” tab anymore.
 
Once I accepted the offer on the portal, I couldn’t see the “Offer” tab anymore.
Interesting, I did not accept any offer, nor do I see an "Offer tab" in the portal. I think I will wait?? And maybe call later, sounds like people are getting emails a little after seeing an offer in their portal.
 
I still haven't received the email. Plus, I never accepted the offer (I called the office and they said wait until I recieve the email, and they did verify my acceptance), but it still says I can withdraw on TMDSAS. Has anyone else's offer tab disappeared?
 
I still haven't received the email. Plus, I never accepted the offer (I called the office and they said wait until I recieve the email, and they did verify my acceptance), but it still says I can withdraw on TMDSAS. Has anyone else's offer tab disappeared?
Me too! It disappeared from mine too, but I see it in TMDSAS.
 
Has anyone contacted them about getting the email?
I called this morning. The admissions woman said that I was indeed pre-matched and that for some reason the emails are taking longer than usual to go out. If you don't receive one by the end of the week to give them a call. Although honestly I wonder if we all called it might help speed things along...squeaky wheel and all that.
 
I called this morning. The admissions woman said that I was indeed pre-matched and that for some reason the emails are taking longer than usual to go out. If you don't receive one by the end of the week to give them a call. Although honestly I wonder if we all called it might help speed things along...squeaky wheel and all that.
Thank you! Yeah, I got the transcript email from tmdsas and see it in tmdsas but I got confused this weekend when the offer tab disappeared 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called this morning. The admissions woman said that I was indeed pre-matched and that for some reason the emails are taking longer than usual to go out. If you don't receive one by the end of the week to give them a call. Although honestly I wonder if we all called it might help speed things along...squeaky wheel and all that.
or answering the phone pulls them away from writing your emails!
 
Anyone seen anything new on their portals today for possible pre matches?

If it does show up it would be on our TTU El Paso portal first right?
 
Not sure if I believe you beat the odds with 16 II overall. Or maybe its the jealousy. Either way you are a legend!
I think they meant the odds of an OOS applicant getting into a Texas school.
But those great stats students are usually the ones who do beat the Texas odds.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope not, I just find it really perplexing that it's been >1 week since I prematched via portal and still no email.
I think It’s just a busy time during admissions season Ik ur gonna hear back soon and ur acceptance is confirmed! I would just wait it out also the emails are personalized so that’s an extra factor as well.