2022-2023 Texas Tech Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Texas with match process works differently and they also cancel everyone who has an admission not to be on waitlists beyond May 15th to make room for people without an admission. Being a Texas resident who interviewed in Texas has certain advantages over someone in Reddit who might be interviewing nationally (I am assuming).
That person was a TX resident with 7 TMDSAS interviews. I believe they got off the waitlist though

Members don't see this ad.

That person was a TX resident with 7 TMDSAS interviews. I believe they got off the waitlist though
That is amazing to have a Texas resident having seven interviews that didnt match. Where did they end up.

Reactions: 1 user
That is amazing to have a Texas resident having seven interviews that didnt match. Where did they end up.
I'm not sure! Another person didn't match with 6 but got off their #2 and #3. This was all before Baylor joined TMDSAS though, I heard waitlist movement was really decreased last year because of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please Don't Worry! keep your hopes up. Remember with interviews it's quality over quantity. Many people get a lot of interviews but don't match while other people might get one interview and match. I'm worried because I don't have a backup plan. Medicine is the only thing I want to do
You’re right, thanks the waiting just sucks and I don’t know when I should prepare to reapply because I likely won’t find out if I match until March and the application opens in may/June.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else receive a second interview invite here after already interviewing a few weeks ago..? Assuming this was just a mistake of some kind and will reach out to double check, but just curious if this happened to anyone else

Did anyone else receive a second interview invite here after already interviewing a few weeks ago..? Assuming this was just a mistake of some kind and will reach out to double check, but just curious if this happened to anyone else
It’s not a mistake, they (Texas Tech Lubbock,specifically) does this sometimes to talk to someone more or clarify something. Take it as a good sign and set up the interview.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
It’s not a mistake, they (Texas Tech Lubbock,specifically) does this sometimes to talk to someone more or clarify something. Take it as a good sign and set up the interview.
Even if they pre-matched?

The person who asked this did not say they had pre-matched, just that they had interviewed.
But, if they did ask you to check in after a pre-match, it could be checking on your pre-requisite courses.

Yeah I didn’t pre match. Only applied to one program also. That is interesting though, I hadn’t heard of schools doing this before. Thanks for letting me know!

Reactions: 4 users
Acceptance into the MD/MPH program tonight via email at 7:31!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance into the MD program at 7:40 PM! Interviewed on Friday, Nov. 4, stats in profile.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
compassion and humility are also crucial skills a prospective doctor needs to develop!
@wysdoc aint a prospective doctor and so doesn't apply. Real doctors dont have a lot of humility in my opinion because they do want people to take their opinions as gospel, medical or otherwise. :D

• Haha
I am so sorry guys. I understand it was a dumb question. I was genuinely just asking a question about the texas tech programs. I am an international applicant and wanted to confirm it on this site. wont happen again

I am so sorry guys. I understand it was a dumb question. I was genuinely just asking a question about the texas tech programs. I am an international applicant and wanted to confirm it on this site. wont happen again
Please remember that there are a lot of fellow students (applicants) here but also senior admins who are established doctors, faculty and even many secret admissions people tracking these threads who can sometimes figure out who you are!

Btw do you get an F1 visa if you are an international applicant?

Hey y’all! Does anyone know if Texas Tech also sends post-interview rejections/waitlists before match day or do they wait until match day 🫢

Hey y’all! Does anyone know if Texas Tech also sends post-interview rejections/waitlists before match day or do they wait until match day 🫢
None of the Texas schools (excluding TCU) send waitlists after an interview but before match day. It is also uncommon to send rejections post interview before match day although we have seen a couple people post an exception from UTMB.

Texas Tech has sent rejections post match day in 2022 before leaving some on waitlist. A communication was sent to all interviewed candidates giving them a waitlist or a rejection.

None of the Texas schools (excluding TCU) send waitlists after an interview but before match day. It is also uncommon to send rejections post interview before match day although we have seen a couple people post an exception from UTMB.

Texas Tech has sent rejections post match day in 2022 before leaving some on waitlist. A communication was sent to all interviewed candidates giving them a waitlist or a rejection.
Thank you so much!

since you have 3 acceptances. Which one will you choose? Also does Lubbock send out a lot of pre-matches?
Haha, I'm not totally sure about which one I want to choose yet - and am still waiting for any more rays of hope to come from the med school clouds. Not sure about Lubbock's prematch situation either, but other people may have more info on that.

Reactions: 2 users
Haha, I'm not totally sure about which one I want to choose yet - and am still waiting for any more rays of hope to come from the med school clouds. Not sure about Lubbock's prematch situation either, but other people may have more info on that.
You have time to think it all over!

Since Tech sent out pre-matches last week, it looks like we may not get a pre-match wave for at least another month based on threads from previous years 🥺

Lubbock has sent out invitations on 19 (!) different days by my count, the last one I saw was Nov 7th.

Follow my tally over here: #2
Thank you for putting all this effort in tracking all these dates.

Reactions: 5 users
For anyone that has completed interviews and done the post-interview survey, you had to select your interview date from a drop-down list. What dates are included in that dropdown? I'm just curious as to when the last interview date is.

How many prematches has this school sent out already? Or at least does anyone know how many waves of pre-matches ?

For those who went to a previous preview day, what was the dress code? And are there any good, cheap places to stay at for those flying in.

For those who went to a previous preview day, what was the dress code? And are there any good, cheap places to stay at for those flying in.
I'm 99% sure that the admissions office works with visiting applicants and pairs them with current students who have volunteered to host free overnight stays at their own houses/apartments. It's definitely worth a shot to ask the admissions office. In previous years, the school has offered various informal preview/second look days, and the dress code is pretty relaxed. Most people show up in jeans and a college sweater.

I'm 99% sure that the admissions office works with visiting applicants and pairs them with current students who have volunteered to host free overnight stays at their own houses/apartments. It's definitely worth a shot to ask the admissions office. In previous years, the school has offered various informal preview/second look days, and the dress code is pretty relaxed. Most people show up in jeans and a college sweater.
Thank you so much!

Can someone talk about the pre-interview dinner social? Would you all say its important to attend? I have my interview on upcoming wednesday and I’ve already requested a leave from work for that day. I can request to be off on tuesday as well if it is important to attend the social dinner.

I am super glad to have the chance to interview here and don’t want to create the wrong impression.

Can someone talk about the pre-interview dinner social? Would you all say its important to attend? I have my interview on upcoming wednesday and I’ve already requested a leave from work for that day. I can request to be off on tuesday as well if it is important to attend the social dinner.

I am super glad to have the chance to interview here and don’t want to create the wrong impression.
It's by no means mandatory. Its purpose is just to make you feel more comfortable with the format. It's simply a casual hangout where you can talk about anything from good food places in lubbock to research opportunities in med school. This school really cares about providing a laid-back, stress-free interview experience, and the virtual hangout is just to help do that. You'll meet the nicest people ever, and the whole thing will not even feel like a med school interview. Good luck. Just be yourself and genuinely enjoy it.

It's by no means mandatory. Its purpose is just to make you feel more comfortable with the format. It's simply a casual hangout where you can talk about anything from good food places in lubbock to research opportunities in med school. This school really cares about providing a laid-back, stress-free interview experience, and the virtual hangout is just to help do that. You'll meet the nicest people ever, and the whole thing will not even feel like a med school interview. Good luck. Just be yourself and genuinely enjoy it.
Does it require a day off to attend an online dinner event? Are you working nightshift @Newbieuser?

It is not important to attend. It has absolutely no bearing on your chances of admission. It is just an opportunity for you to ask questions to current students before you interview. If that would help calm your interview nerves, I would recommend going. If you don't really have any questions about the school that need to be answered BEFORE the interview, don't worry about going. There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions during the interview and before school starts.