2022-2023 UC - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good Luck to everyone waiting to hear back tomorrow! I just wasted 30 minutes of my life deep diving the past 7 cycles' SDN threads and it seems their first decision days, updates get sent out in the afternoon (mainly 1 or 2 PM PST).

Doing god’s work out here

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good Luck to everyone waiting to hear back tomorrow! I just wasted 30 minutes of my life deep diving the past 7 cycles' SDN threads and it seems their first decision days, updates get sent out in the afternoon (mainly 1 or 2 PM PST).
How can you tell what time people made posts? I have been trying so hard to find times, but all I can find is the date a post was made but not the actual time lol. Pls help

How can you tell what time people made posts? I have been trying so hard to find times, but all I can find is the date a post was made but not the actual time lol. Pls help
With some computer sorcery.

Jk, highlight the date stamp above the post you want to check, right-click, Inspect Element, then you can see the time in the console.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Jk, highlight the date stamp above the post you want to check, right-click, Inspect Element, then you can see the time in the console.
You are in the wrong profession with detective skills like that 😳

Oh my gosh you are amazing, thank you. I was trying so hard, and I even did inspect element, but I still couldn't find it. Thank you!!

lol thank you for this can’t help but feel like tomorrow…….everything…….changes…….

Can’t you just hover your mouse over the date to see the time?

• Wow
You are literally amazing!! Thank you for putting our minds at ease.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed here recently so I got a lot of waiting left to do, but I'm wishing the best for those waiting to hear back today!!

Just got waitlisted

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know what the odds are of getting accepted off the waitlist from previous years?

Anyone know what the odds are of getting accepted off the waitlist from previous years?

According to MSAR, they waitlist 300 applicants and accept approximately 35 people off the waitlist

According to MSAR, they waitlist 300 applicants and accept approximately 35 people off the waitlist
In my interview they said they were revamping their waitlist strategy and not putting as many people on it because it was unfair they were leading people on in past years when they realistically didn’t have a chance of getting off. Not sure if they said this at other interview dates?

In my interview they said they were revamping their waitlist strategy and not putting as many people on it because it was unfair they were leading people on in past years when they realistically didn’t have a chance of getting off. Not sure if they said this at other interview dates?

They didn’t say that during mine, but this would be nice. Would feel a lot better if my chance to get off the WL was 40%+ and not 10%

Oh yes I remember them saying this as well!!! I interviewed 9/29/22, and they said they used to just waitlist everyone, but they realized that wasn’t fair. I’m not sure if he was referring to pre-II or post-II though?

Oh yes I remember them saying this as well!!! I interviewed 9/29/22, and they said they used to just waitlist everyone, but they realized that wasn’t fair. I’m not sure if he was referring to pre-II or post-II though?
Can confirm they discussed this post-interview for my session as well; fairly sure they're referring to post-II WL's. Hopefully that means well for everyone who got WL'd today!

Could we ask how many applicants they plan to waitlist, and later accept off the waitlist, or is that not something they would answer?

Could we ask how many applicants they plan to waitlist, and later accept off the waitlist, or is that not something they would answer?

I imagine they would give an answer, because if it is different then their MSAR page is very misleading and they’d probably prefer the correct info being out there.

^ If someone does end up getting an answer to that, it would be amazing if you could share it here!

Congratulations to everyone who got the A today! How did y’all feel after your interview?

Congratulations to everyone who got the A today! How did y’all feel after your interview?

I felt really good about 5 out of the 7 interviews. The other two interviewers told me that I had misinterpreted the prompts, but that my answer was still okay. So didn’t feel great, but not bad either.

Tbh I don't think your feelings after the interview matter much (at least feeling good). I had interviewed at 2 different places before SD so I was pretty prepared and I felt it was my best interview, great answers for 6/7 stations and the last one wasn't bad just not great. Still got waitlisted. I think it's just out of your hands after the interview so no benefit in worrying about your performance.

Are all UCSD interviews done? If I haven’t heard back after my secondary as yet does that mean it’s a reject?

Yikes, do u think they already scheduled into March?!?! I hope not
Whoa whoa whoa. Let’s slow our roll. There been 0 indication that they’re already done with interviews. There are still people getting II holds and still people who haven’t heard a peep hold or otherwise. Deep breaths folks.

Reactions: 1 users