-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UC - San Diego
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
^^^^Can anyone who has interviewed let us know if you are allowed to jot down notes during the 2 minutes of prep of the MMI stations??
Mike Hokstinks
Full Member
Does anyone know when the zoom link and other info comes for Thursday interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1130038
Can anyone tell from past years if they wait to reject everyone in like Feb? It seemed like they give out holds and interviews, but no straight rejections until the end
They say in the "forwarded for review" email that they'll let you know at the same time they would have sent out IIs and holds. The reason you're not seeing more posts about rejection is because its uncomfortable to do so.Can anyone tell from past years if they wait to reject everyone in like Feb? It seemed like they give out holds and interviews, but no straight rejections until the end
Last edited:
Just to provide some "data", I am interviewing Thursday and have not received the Zoom link yet either!Does anyone know when the zoom link and other info comes for Thursday interviews?
I know that we have 2 minutes to read the vignette in the interviews, but does anyone know if that time is taken out of our 8 minutes at a station? Aka do we have 6 or 8 minutes to discuss at each station?
Pretty sure the time is not included in the 8 minutes. My guess is 2 minutes to read then we get another 8 minutes at the station to actually discuss. Anyone have any tips for preparing?I know that we have 2 minutes to read the vignette in the interviews, but does anyone know if that time is taken out of our 8 minutes at a station? Aka do we have 6 or 8 minutes to discuss at each station?
submitted 7/19 and silence.
II just now! Complete 7/5, IS ORM
Justgrinding
Full Member
Third time reapplying and I have received one each timeAny reapplicants here get a secondary? Under review since 8/15
Hi! You get 2 minutes to read the prompt and take notes. Then you’ll have 8 minutes to discuss with the interviewer. For MMIs, I’ve foundPretty sure the time is not included in the 8 minutes. My guess is 2 minutes to read then we get another 8 minutes at the station to actually discuss. Anyone have any tips for preparing?
Multiple Mini Interview (MMI): Winning Strategies from Admissions Faculty by Samir P Desai to be helpful. Good luck!
box breathing for 5-10 minutes before interview! you got this
Thank you!!!
lil_raisin
Full Member
How was the interview? Was each station just a problem/ethical situation, or did they throw traditional questions in there as well?Oh boy… I’m interviewing here in a couple of hours!! Any last minute advice??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mike Hokstinks
Full Member
Is anyone else going insane post-interview? Honestly much worse than the post-MCAT wait.
I got smacked around at several stations, so I’ve honestly already accepted the R/WL at this point 😅Is anyone else going insane post-interview? Honestly much worse than the post-MCAT wait.
Is anyone else going insane post-interview? Honestly much worse than the post-MCAT wait.
Yeahhhhh, I’m so nervous and so excited [emoji23][emoji23] I can’t tell what emotion I am feeling but I can’t freakin wait to hear back!!! Hopefully we hear back by October 28th!
Mike Hokstinks
Full Member
That'll only make the A even sweeterI got smacked around at several stations, so I’ve honestly already accepted the R/WL at this point 😅
I was nervous immediately after. Then I found out my car was towed, completely wrecked my day and made me even more anxiousYeahhhhh, I’m so nervous and so excited
I can’t tell what emotion I am feeling but I can’t freakin wait to hear back!!! Hopefully we hear back by October 28th!![]()
That'll only make the A even sweeter
I was nervous immediately after. Then I found out my car was towed, completely wrecked my day and made me even more anxious
OMG no way!!!! That is so sad 🙁 well good luck, you super deserve the A now haha!
D
deleted1145880
II received! IS ORM LM 73.15 WARS 93
EDIT: WARS 90, accidentally had MISC category set to 4.
EDIT: WARS 90, accidentally had MISC category set to 4.
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted1130038
when did you submit?II received! IS ORM LM 73.15 WARS 93
D
deleted1145880
Complete 7/13. Research heavy appwhen did you submit?
D
deleted1130038
u give me hope i also submitted then and research heavy app <3Complete 7/13. Research heavy app
D
deleted1145880
Fingers crossed brotha/sista! we got thisu give me hope i also submitted then and research heavy app <3
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
Complete 7/13 --> Hold 10/4
BIG SAD
OOS (ties to CA)/ORM/LM: ~70
BIG SAD
OOS (ties to CA)/ORM/LM: ~70
MCapensis
Full Member
+1Complete 7/13 --> Hold 10/4
BIG SAD
OOS (ties to CA)/ORM/LM: ~70
motivated-armadillo72
Full Member
Complete 7/5 --> Hold 10/4
IS, ORM, 519/3.99
Super bummed
IS, ORM, 519/3.99
Super bummed
Hold, complete 7/2, OOS
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1130038
yep same im crushed and crying feels bad, literally i would have chosen ucsd over like harvard.
submitted 7/21 and got the hold 10/4
in-state, UCSD Alumni, research-heavy, thousands of hours clinical exp. 3.84 514.
big sad
in-state, UCSD Alumni, research-heavy, thousands of hours clinical exp. 3.84 514.
big sad
anyone know if the hold is basically an R? Havent heard many people getting off the waitlist for an II..
Leeroy_Jenkins
Full Member
I don't understand why schools put so many applicants on hold instead of just rejecting them. I already have six holds!
IS II! LM 77. Complete 07/12
D
deleted1017183
OOS II just now. Thank you for the love San Diego!
edit: complete 7/10
edit: complete 7/10
realistically, do people actually get interviews after being put on hold? or is it really just a soft R 🙁
Screw the dodgersThey will never know how big of a San Diego simp I am...
Edit: Screw the dodgers
poweredbyboba
Full Member
Has anyone that applied PRIME-HEq heard back yet in regards to II?
One adcom guy said about that you can’t tell because you give an app to one prof/doc and he returns it in a couple days and another takes a month…If I have no hold and people are on hold after my complete date is it safe to assume i will get the R soon?
DancingHusky
Full Member
Nope. No II, No hold, No nothing.Has anyone that applied PRIME-HEq heard back yet in regards to II?
+1 Pre-Secondary Soft R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1017183
Has anyone that applied PRIME-HEq heard back yet in regards to II?
Forgot to add this important detail. My application was PRIME-HEq
DancingHusky
Full Member
Did they have specific dates for Prime?Forgot to add this important detail. My application was PRIME-HEq
D
deleted1017183
They did not. Past the title of the email the information only refers to my regular application. I also was only able to select one date on their portal.Did they have specific dates for Prime?
This stings “While it is possible that some applicants receiving this email may be invited to submit secondary application materials at a later date, we do not anticipate that this will be a common occurrence.”+1 Pre-Secondary Soft R
Has anyone who got waitlisted last cycle heard anything back this cycle as of yet?