2023-2024 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also had this experience and the 15 minutes simply was not enough time due to this experience. My first interviewers lack of interest/apathy made it impossible to try to show who I am or why I am doing this.
the timing was crazy like even the oh let me introduce myself first like pls we only got this much time and at the end when i was asking questions she was like were gonna get cut off in a min so like basically ask the next ppl where as my second lady was so happy to answer and got off mid way

Members don't see this ad.

First interviewer was super chill, my second interviewer grilled me about my MCAT and asked me ethical questions lol
if it was my mcat i would have understood but it was legit not a yes or no question, but she seemed like she wanted a certain reply

Members don't see this ad :)
did you guys upload a thank you letter to the application portal after interviewing?

If you designated "no preference" for the campus preference, are you able to designate your preferred campus during the interview?

If you designated "no preference" for the campus preference, are you able to designate your preferred campus during the interview?
I saw somewhere here on SDN that you could request a switch if the acceptance isn’t where you’d prefer to go. Also saw that you could email admissions ahead of time and let them know. I dug for this info because I selected “no preference” too

Reactions: 1 users
now that we’re entering Feb it’s too late to receive an II here correct?

Didn’t realize the Florida Campus didn’t qualify for federal loans😬 is that something I should be seriously worried about?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone from 1/17 interview waiting to hear back this week? so scared

How much is the deposit if we are accepted?
All I could find on google was 3k from 2019, and I was hoping it has lowered since then.

How much is the deposit if we are accepted?
All I could find on google was 3k from 2019, and I was hoping it has lowered since then.
I think they said it was a $2000 deposit in the info session on interview day!

Didn’t realize the Florida Campus didn’t qualify for federal loans😬 is that something I should be seriously worried about?
Yes, no forgiveness plans and less likely to have deferment period post graduation like fed loans. Rate is market based too so highly variable.

Yes, no forgiveness plans and less likely to have deferment period post graduation like fed loans. Rate is market based too so highly variable.
Damn... I wish they had made that more obvious when applying otherwise I wouldn't have even applied for the Florida campus.

I think they said it was a $2000 deposit in the info session on interview day!
Yeah, in the email I got from them it's a $2000 deposit that you have to pay in 2 weeks in order to keep your seat

I sent a letter of interest but haven’t gotten confirmation and my calls won’t go through. Has anyone else gotten confirmation?

Damn... I wish they had made that more obvious when applying otherwise I wouldn't have even applied for the Florida campus.
Sallie Mae has a fixed rate plan, and allows for deferment during residency, up to 4 years. Yes, they’ll not be eligible to be forgiven, but this isn’t something that’s going to be unmanageable.

This isn’t the doom and gloom scenario. It’s just a little more frustrating than using the feds.

Reactions: 4 users
Sallie Mae has a fixed rate plan, and allows for deferment during residency, up to 4 years. Yes, they’ll not be eligible to be forgiven, but this isn’t something that’s going to be unmanageable.

This isn’t the doom and gloom scenario. It’s just a little more frustrating than using the feds.
Hmm, I’ll definitely look into that, thank you!

I sent a letter of interest but haven’t gotten confirmation and my calls won’t go through. Has anyone else gotten confirmation?
Ok they just emailed me confirming they received it saying along the lines of “ thank you, your full app is currently under review” but I’ve been complete since early August 😭

Ok they just emailed me confirming they received it saying along the lines of “ thank you, your full app is currently under review” but I’ve been complete since early August 😭
I’ve been under review since august too

Are decisions for 1/17 group coming out soon?
Good luck to your group!
I have my interview this Thursday. My first (and only) one this cycle so far
Fingers crossed for all of us!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Silly question but has Burrell sent any swag to people they've accepted?

Silly question but has Burrell sent any swag to people they've accepted?
You'll get stickers. When you start you'll get a shirt. That's it. Even though they are for profit they don't sell merch really. Only the clubs do

So nervous i hope we get our decisions today for those of us who interviewed 1/17

You'll get stickers. When you start you'll get a shirt. That's it. Even though they are for profit they don't sell merch really. Only the clubs do
Gotcha, thank you. Do they give out "free" laptops or tablets like other schools do?

Gotcha, thank you. Do they give out "free" laptops or tablets like other schools do?
That's a huge negative. I wish they included it in the loan package so we could, but they do not. You will need to buy all your own medical equipment too. You can buy the laptop and ask for a loan increase since laptops are required but you cannot do the same for a tablet. Speaking from experience.

For which campus? I Also was complete in September for the Florida campus and is "still under review". Im loosing hope😭. I have an acceptance but im from Florida and would love to move back home!

For which campus? I Also was complete in September for the Florida campus and is "still under review". Im loosing hope😭. I have an acceptance but im from Florida and would love to move back home!
I think I put no campus preference? So I’m assuming this is for both