You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Carle-Illinois
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
JUST GOT IN!!!! A !!!!!
D
deleted1165789
OOS A just now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now you can put a 1 to that A in your signatureJUST GOT IN!!!! A !!!!!
Dang, the amount of times I refreshed my page once I saw these As roll in....but aye, it's only a minority in Jan for now
Side note: did everyone who got an A go to showcase already?
I don't think they consider you complete and eligible for an acceptance if you haven't completed the showcase component.Now you can put a 1 to that A in your signature
Dang, the amount of times I refreshed my page once I saw these As roll in....but aye, it's only a minority in Jan for now
Side note: did everyone who got an A go to showcase already?
Got an email that I had a status update!For those who received acceptances, how were you notified? Was it through email or was it shown on the application portal?
bunnyrabbit2022
Full Member
congrats everyone! was curious if anyone knew when carle typically sends out scholarships to accepted students?
puppy1234!
New Member
I’m so sorry. Don’t give up keep tryingPost-Showcase R, good luck everyone. Completed 11/28
OOS A!
Congratulations! Did you receive the acceptance about an hour ago? If not, then it means that they likely will be sending more acceptances today.OOS A!
I'm with you brodieCongrats y’all that is genuinely amazing to hear! Wonder if we’ll hear any further today or later this week. The thought of waiting one more week, let alone multiple, is mad deflating.
Me and kermit been biting our nails since that first A came out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes like an hour and a half ago I think, and Thank you!!Congratulations! Did you receive the acceptance about an hour ago? If not, then it means that they likely will be sending more acceptances today.
Just my email lolWhat page are you refreshing? Is there a website that has who is accepted
Toby77
Full Member
When did you have your show case?OOS A about an hour ago.
Toby77
Full Member
Which date did you have your show case?Yes like an hour and a half ago I think, and Thank you!!
I don't think they consider you complete and eligible for an acceptance if you haven't completed the showcase component.
I just received an A & I didn't attend the showcase... well I canceled a few days before my showcase date, so it is possible to get an A without completing the showcase component.
D
deleted1176515
Are they done with A’s for today?
BitofNothin
Full Member
When did people who got A’s today have their showcase invites? Trying to gauge if there’s any pattern to when to expect to hear back…
(pop the urbana-champaigne)
(pop the urbana-champaigne)
EmotionalRaven302
New Member
OOS A at 1:30 PM today (1/17). Showcase invite received 10/16
Looks like they sent out decent sized group of As today.
Looks like they sent out decent sized group of As today.
D
deleted1176515
Did anyone who received showcase on or after 11/26 hear back yet? Suspecting they’re doing decisions in batches..
Doesn’t seem like it, I wonder if it’s a coincidence or they’re waiting to release in state decisions laterCongrats to everyone accepted! Any in-state As today?
Wondering this tooIs there an accepted students Groupme or Facebook page to join?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When was your showcase invite?In state A.
BitofNothin
Full Member
I wouldn’t expect anything until next Wednesday tbh. It looks like last year there was almost a 1 month gap in acceptances from Jan to Feb 🙁Odds we hear anything today? Doesn’t seem like it based on previous cycles, but I’m holding out hope nonetheless 🫡
royal_leveling
New Member
sdn account finally verified lmao.
Showcase received 10/9. In-State A this past Wednesday (1/17)!!!
For those curious: UIUC is my undergrad; was a normal bio major, LM of 66.5
Showcase received 10/9. In-State A this past Wednesday (1/17)!!!
For those curious: UIUC is my undergrad; was a normal bio major, LM of 66.5
I'm not sure. I'm just assuming they will send out acceptances weekly since they said during my showcase that decisions were coming out on a rolling basis starting in January. I'm also making another assumption that it could be tomorrow, but I have no way of knowing for sure.So…tomorrow the big day?
More specifically, Cycletrack says that acceptances from last year came out on February 22nd 2023. There were some acceptances last year in January according to last year's sdn thread, but they were not reported on Cycletrack for some reason. I think this means that the majority of us will receive decisions on a specific day near the end of February.
According to last year's thread, a second round of acceptances came out on January 27th 2023, which means that some of us may potentially hear back on Friday. This is only my prediction, however, as the decision schedule isn't public information and may be slightly different than that of previous years.
D
deleted1176515
Is today the day
I hopeIs today the day
I'm there with you brotherAs you can see from my posts, I am slowly and steadily losing my sanity as I wait for my admissions decision to Carle.
They take so dang long. But aye, it's not like I want med school to start any sooner so there's things to be grateful for
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BitofNothin
Full Member
Well to be fair, they claim they spend 5 hours per applicant profile, so supposedly that’d be 1500 hrs or 37.5 working weeks for them to get thru everyone who was offered a showcase. Now if I believe they rly spend 5 hours on each applicant is a different story but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Just a bit odd that they need this long for ~300 apps with no new information being sent to them, they’re literally just reopening applications they’ve already reviewed fairly well.
I've seen you on the TMDSAS school threads & just curious on how you think Carle stacks up to the schools you're ranking on TMDSASJUST GOT IN!!!! A !!!!!
diabolicalbiologist
Full Member
I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but do we need to do anything formally if we've been accepted. I am waiting on other schools and do not want to commit yet, but I want to know if there is anything to do to acknowledge or accept the A. Thank you guys and good luck to everyone.
Yes you should accept the A, but you are allowed to keep on interviewing/waiting to hear from other schools until April. Refer to the AMCAS guidelines for decision dates "Choose Your Med School" toolI'm sorry if this has been asked already, but do we need to do anything formally if we've been accepted. I am waiting on other schools and do not want to commit yet, but I want to know if there is anything to do to acknowledge or accept the A. Thank you guys and good luck to everyone.
diabolicalbiologist
Full Member
Thank you, really appreciate the quick reply. Will be sure to follow these guidelines!Yes you should accept the A, but you are allowed to keep on interviewing/waiting to hear from other schools until April. Refer to the AMCAS guidelines for decision dates "Choose Your Med School" tool