You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Commonwealth (Geisinger)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
studentdoctor1234567
New Member
I received the interview invitation for Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program around 8 pm today. Is anyone willing to share their experience if they already had one?
texascat14
Full Member
A just now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A! Is there a fb or GroupMe?
blueberrycrayon
New Member
Congrats!! For those who were accepted today, when did you interview?
hopefulfuturedoctor09
New Member
OOS interviewed November. Deferred to next committee meeting :/. Hoping for the best
bowlingpanda
Full Member
Did anyone else from November interviews not hear anything yet?
sillycat123
New Member
Do they send rejections or just deferrals?
Interviewed in early DecemberCongrats!! For those who were accepted today, when did you interview?
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
OOS interviewed November. Deferred to next committee meeting :/. Hoping for the best
I’ve been deferred to the next meeting since 10/16 [emoji3525]
Just got the A, II 11/20
Last edited:
hopefulfuturedoctor09
New Member
Damn so sorry to hear that, I'll be praying for your acceptance as well!I’ve been deferred to the next meeting since 10/16 [emoji3525]
mj_lobster
Full Member
OOS A, interviewed mid November
Last edited:
scorpionfish
Full Member
Congrats!b Was it via email or phone call? Thank you 🙂OOS A, interviewed 11/13
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
studentdoctor1234567
New Member
Yes, you will receive an email from one of the current students after you accept the invitation.A! Is there a fb or GroupMe?
Fateisasong
Full Member
OOS Deferred; mid November interview date.
mj_lobster
Full Member
Email!Congrats!b Was it via email or phone call? Thank you 🙂
Milagros16339
Full Member
Accepted today after being deferred in Dec!
doglover2002
Full Member
I have been deferred since November… Am I just rejected here or will I actually be hearing something from them anytime soon? Is it unlikely for me to still get an A??
ilovepinkpantheress
Full Member
A this morning. Deferred in Jan
scorpionfish
Full Member
Anyone with a January interview hear back today...? guessing it's unlikely
microlil88
Full Member
Hi, feel free to message me if you still have questions!I received the interview invitation for Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program around 8 pm today. Is anyone willing to share their experience if they already had one?
doglover2002
Full Member
Interviewed in late September and have been deferred since early Nov. Is this an R or should I be holding out for an A ? It’s been silence since my notification that I was deferred to next committee meeting…
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Interviewed in late September and have been deferred since early Nov. Is this an R or should I be holding out for an A ? It’s been silence since my notification that I was deferred to next committee meeting…
I’ve been deferred since October lol. I don’t have much hope tbh
risingsunandmoon
Full Member
OOS interviewed Nov, deferred last friday
Withdrew my A today, hope one of you gets some good news soon 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ehischimmia1111
Full Member
Does anyone know typically how long it takes them to give a decision after an interview? I was told 6-10 weeks, but should I be expecting more?
i thought it was typically 12-14 weeks, maybe sometimes shorter than that but not often
scorpionfish
Full Member
As a january interview, i was informed 6-10 weeks.Does anyone know typically how long it takes them to give a decision after an interview? I was told 6-10 weeks, but should I be expecting more?
theres about 100 people in our groupchat, I think there are a few interviews left.are interviews wrapped up here? not seeing any march interviews in last year's thread
scorpionfish
Full Member
when do you guys think the next wave of news (A, R, WL, etc) will be?
ChaChaSlide
Full Member
Probably March 15thwhen do you guys think the next wave of news (A, R, WL, etc) will be?
Timmy In Twenty Years
New Member
Any fellow Abigail Geisinger Interviewers from this Monday hear back about their decision?
studentdoctor1234567
New Member
Yes, I heard back yesterday around 3 pm.Any fellow Abigail Geisinger Interviewers from this Monday hear back about their decision?
frostychipmunk
Full Member
OOS Pre-II Deferred
They are still doing deferrals? Wow
+1 today, at this point why not just send a rejection
+1 trying to be hopeful but it's looking bleakOOS Pre-II Deferred
They are still doing deferrals? Wow
+1 Pre-II Deferral. Do deferral's usually lead to a R?+1 trying to be hopeful but it's looking bleak
It's not over until it's over. If you have not already done so, I would suggest writing them an update letter that touches on your activities ehich are relevent to the school and their mission. They accept up to 2 update letters. Check the 38 minute mark in the video below for some insight.Interviewed in October, deferred in December. Should I give up hope? This is my only pending MD and I have 0 As. Stress has skyrocketed.
An Inside Look at The Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine [Episode 482]
Find out what's new at Geisinger Med School - including an updated curriculum and unique debt-free graduation opportunity - from Dr. Michelle Schmude, Assoc. Dean of Admissions.
blog.accepted.com
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received a II deferral from them on March 1st
Do we think we'll get December interview decisions this week?
bloopbeepbloop45
Full Member
hope so! it's been about 12 weeks since then so I hope we get an answer soonDo we think we'll get December interview decisions this week?