You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Commonwealth (Geisinger)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1 IS II complete 7/31, LM 74.5
IS II received!! complete 8/3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SmartWaterIsTooTall
Full Member
@chilly_md Just to clarify, questions 2-4 are there regardless of your response to Abigail Scholars. If you say yes, then Q1 will be the Abigail Scholars question only. If you say no, then Q1 will be the "why are you a good fit" question only.2023-2024 Commonwealth (Geisinger)
1500 characters for all prompts
If you are applying to the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program, please share with the Admissions Committee what primary care and/or psychiatry means to you, and why you believe you are a good fit for the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program.
If not:
1. Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s unique mission and values, please tell us why you believe you are a good fit for our institution.
2. List the five most important attributes you believe a physician should possess. Please choose one that you believe you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait?
3. Geisinger Commonwealth values diversity, health equity, inclusion, and social justice. Tell us how you will share in this mission.
4. If you have previously applied to medical school, please describe your significant experiences between this year’s application and your previous application. If you are not a previous applicant, please type, “N/A” in the response area.
Good luck to everyone applying!
Interview feedback:
![]()
Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine Admissions, Tuition & Student Feedback | SDN
Admissions data, tuition, degrees, location, interview feedback, essay prompts, and SDN forum links for TCMC on SDN Schools Database.www.studentdoctor.net
Thanks, I will add a note to it.@chilly_md Just to clarify, questions 2-4 are there regardless of your response to Abigail Scholars. If you say yes, then Q1 will be the Abigail Scholars question only. If you say no, then Q1 will be the "why are you a good fit" question only.
Hey you guys, I got an email about the Abagail Scholars Program today and I’m trying to email the email they provided me to apply but it won’t work. Anyone have the same issue?
Also is it a good sign that they sent me this or is this pretty generic?
Also is it a good sign that they sent me this or is this pretty generic?
received that too, probs just generic email imoHey you guys, I got an email about the Abagail Scholars Program today and I’m trying to email the email they provided me to apply but it won’t work. Anyone have the same issue?
Also is it a good sign that they sent me this or is this pretty generic?
received that too, probs just generic email imo
Makes sense thank you [emoji1490]
OOS II yesterday
anybody have data on post II acceptance rate here?
iwannabedoc
Full Member
Congrats!! How did it go?OOS II yesterday
got the invite Friday, the interview is in about a monthCongrats!! How did it go?
glickmaster2000
Full Member
+ IS II received!
jimmytherockstar
Full Member
II, IS, Complete 8/10, LM 68ish
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When is the earliest you can schedule?
Has anybody interviewed yet?
IS II invite received on 8/28! 512 MCAT 3.5 cGPA 3.3 sGPA
Congrats!!IS II invite received on 8/28! 512 MCAT 3.5 cGPA 3.3 sGPA
D
deleted1165389
Congrats!!
Congrats! What day can you schedule for?IS II invite received on 8/28! 512 MCAT 3.5 cGPA 3.3 sGPA
they were booked out until end of October when I scheduled!Congrats! What day can you schedule for?
Thank you!!Congrats!!
D
deleted1139705
OOS II. 76 LM. Complete 8/16. Abigail.
Last edited by a moderator:
Fateisasong
Full Member
OOS II, 70 LM, complete 7/30
OOS II received earlier today! LM 75, Complete 7/30
risingsunandmoon
Full Member
OOS II! LM 70, complete 08/01
D
deleted1124957
??? It’s AugustAre all II slots filled for this school? Would they send anymore?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry I'm just scarred from Pitt finishing stuff up so fast!??? It’s August
Sorry I'm just scarred from Pitt finishing stuff up so fast!
They aren't even done yet?? Last time people were scheduling interviews was early December/late November. In general, it is way too early to be worrying about that. Each school moves at their own pace and Geisinger seems to be chugging along.Is Pitt officially done?
chicagohotdog
Full Member
OOS II 8/31, submitted 7/26. earliest timeslot I could get was mid November though.
OOS II received 08/25, secondary completed 08/09. Abigail, LM 70. Waited about a day to schedule interview for late October.
+1Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? I can’t find the interview agreement on my portal…
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
+1..
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Also, can anyone not find the confidentiality agreement they refer to in the email sent last night?
Also, can anyone not find the confidentiality agreement they refer to in the email sent last night?
Yea they said it would be on the interview tab on the portal but I can’t find it. That’s what I was referring to but I got the name of it wrong
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Also, it says to complete it 24 hours before the interview.. I looked on the portal yesterday though and didn’t see it.Yea they said it would be on the interview tab on the portal but I can’t find it. That’s what I was referring to but I got the name of it wrong
OOS II complete 8/14 (511, 3.8 post bac) interview dates in Nov LOL
hijabimed
Full Member
Congrats! love your username LOLOOS II received, complete 8/14, average stats
b.jerdan.0108
New Member
My MMI with Geisinger will be done over Zoom, and not in person. I've been reading up on the MMI and am not sure how any "teamwork" stations would work over Zoom. Does anyone know how exactly doing an online MMI differs from an in-person one?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The-RedWedding-DJ
Full Member
How are people prepping for this interview?
Have you figured anything out about this? I still do not see it in my portal.Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? I can’t find the interview agreement on my portal…
I don't have anything either. I sent an email but haven't heard anything yetHave you figured anything out about this? I still do not see it in my portal.
My MMI with Geisinger will be done over Zoom, and not in person. I've been reading up on the MMI and am not sure how any "teamwork" stations would work over Zoom. Does anyone know how exactly doing an online MMI differs from an in-person one?
Based on last years SDN chat it seems like there were no team exercises, I’m not sure if that’ll change this year