2023-2024 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II received, complete 8/1, LM 77.6

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
2023-2024 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

1500 characters for all prompts

If you are applying to the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program, please share with the Admissions Committee what primary care and/or psychiatry means to you, and why you believe you are a good fit for the Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program.

If not:

1. Given Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine’s unique mission and values, please tell us why you believe you are a good fit for our institution.

2. List the five most important attributes you believe a physician should possess. Please choose one that you believe you embody and describe a personal experience that demonstrates this trait?

3. Geisinger Commonwealth values diversity, health equity, inclusion, and social justice. Tell us how you will share in this mission.

4. If you have previously applied to medical school, please describe your significant experiences between this year’s application and your previous application. If you are not a previous applicant, please type, “N/A” in the response area.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

@chilly_md Just to clarify, questions 2-4 are there regardless of your response to Abigail Scholars. If you say yes, then Q1 will be the Abigail Scholars question only. If you say no, then Q1 will be the "why are you a good fit" question only.

@chilly_md Just to clarify, questions 2-4 are there regardless of your response to Abigail Scholars. If you say yes, then Q1 will be the Abigail Scholars question only. If you say no, then Q1 will be the "why are you a good fit" question only.
Thanks, I will add a note to it.

Hey you guys, I got an email about the Abagail Scholars Program today and I’m trying to email the email they provided me to apply but it won’t work. Anyone have the same issue?

Also is it a good sign that they sent me this or is this pretty generic?

Hey you guys, I got an email about the Abagail Scholars Program today and I’m trying to email the email they provided me to apply but it won’t work. Anyone have the same issue?

Also is it a good sign that they sent me this or is this pretty generic?
received that too, probs just generic email imo

Reactions: 6 users
anybody have data on post II acceptance rate here?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS II received, completed 8/21! Applied for Abigail Geisinger Scholars Program as well

IS II invite received on 8/28! 512 MCAT 3.5 cGPA 3.3 sGPA

Is the interview schedule gonna be the same as the sample schedule on the portal? Haven’t gotten any info for my interview next week yet

Are all II slots filled for this school? Would they send anymore?

Sorry I'm just scarred from Pitt finishing stuff up so fast!
Is Pitt officially done?
They aren't even done yet?? Last time people were scheduling interviews was early December/late November. In general, it is way too early to be worrying about that. Each school moves at their own pace and Geisinger seems to be chugging along.

OOS II 8/31, submitted 7/26. earliest timeslot I could get was mid November though.

OOS II received 08/25, secondary completed 08/09. Abigail, LM 70. Waited about a day to schedule interview for late October.

Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? I can’t find the interview agreement on my portal…

Also, can anyone not find the confidentiality agreement they refer to in the email sent last night?

Also, can anyone not find the confidentiality agreement they refer to in the email sent last night?

Yea they said it would be on the interview tab on the portal but I can’t find it. That’s what I was referring to but I got the name of it wrong

Yea they said it would be on the interview tab on the portal but I can’t find it. That’s what I was referring to but I got the name of it wrong
Also, it says to complete it 24 hours before the interview.. I looked on the portal yesterday though and didn’t see it.

My MMI with Geisinger will be done over Zoom, and not in person. I've been reading up on the MMI and am not sure how any "teamwork" stations would work over Zoom. Does anyone know how exactly doing an online MMI differs from an in-person one?

OOS II received, complete 8/2. This is my first II and I'm so excited! I think my goals really align with the program :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
My MMI with Geisinger will be done over Zoom, and not in person. I've been reading up on the MMI and am not sure how any "teamwork" stations would work over Zoom. Does anyone know how exactly doing an online MMI differs from an in-person one?

Based on last years SDN chat it seems like there were no team exercises, I’m not sure if that’ll change this year