You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
cutie3141592
Full Member
Question regarding commit to enroll - in my interview, they highlighted the choose your med school process and said we must commit to enroll within 2 weeks of acceptance (for acceptances after April 30th). But then they said July 10th was the commit to enroll deadline. I had thought that after April 30th you just had to plan to enroll and limit yourself to holding only one acceptance BUT could remain on waitlists until the CTE deadline, in this case July 10th. In the case I get an acceptance after April 30th, can I just select plan to enroll and still remain on waitlists until July 10th? Thanks!
I found this online for anyone who was also confused. Looks like you just have to plan to enroll and can stay on other WL’s until July 8
Foolmeonceshameonyou
Full Member
How do campus assignments work?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do campus assignments work?
You list your preference once you are accepted (a tab will pop up with the rest of the acceptance tabs). Then they run the lottery (multiple lotteries so that people who are getting accepted get them as the lottery runs). They will put your assignment in a new tab when it is picked for you.
At least how it worked last cycle
D
deleted1170884
Hold today.
did you interview?Hold today.
D
deleted1170884
Pre-IIdid you interview?
nerdthebird
Full Member
Drexel just sent me a pre-II hold. It's so late in the cycle why not just reject me at this point 🤣
Whiplash72
Full Member
Just sent in a update letter (letter of intent). Deffered about 2 weeks ago.
Fldoc2424
Full Member
Drexel just sent me a pre-II hold. It's so late in the cycle why not just reject me at this point 🤣
Honestly I would to get some update I just haven’t heard anything
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
+1 frbro reject me already god damn
+1, unsure if no news is good news, have ppl received II after pre-II holds?Honestly I would to get some update I just haven’t heard anything
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
I think this Friday is their last interview day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fldoc2424
Full Member
This week is their last interview week (confirmed by admissions office)
That makes those pre ll holds recently make no sense [emoji23]
I wish they'd just send the rejection letters. They clearly aren't sending any more interview invitations out... please just make it official alreadyThis week is their last interview week (confirmed by admissions office)
thegazette
Full Member
why did they send me a pre-ii hold this late in the interview cycle brother just reject me 💀💀
scullybythesword
Full Member
Anyone interview early Feb hear back yet?
I dont think so, they seem to be working on late Dec - mid Jan as of last set of decisionsAnyone interview early Feb hear back yet?
lol just got an email saying they've "elected to hold my application" (pre-II) and will email me if I get an interview... it's so late in the cycle??
Bropro
Full Member
I think many schools that hold apps will do this until people start committing/withdrawing so they can be sure they fill but don't overfill their class. It's why a lot of people call holds "soft Rs," but the schools are just being extra cautious until they're sure they can send out the Rs. It sucks for applicants who are "plugged in" on sites like SDN and reddit because we tend to know when interviews become less realistic :\lol just got an email saying they've "elected to hold my application" (pre-II) and will email me if I get an interview... it's so late in the cycle??
Last edited:
habibijones
Full Member
Why place on hold if no more interviews, me no understand
medhealthy
Full Member
Anyone know statistically (compared to last cycles) when the next A wave will be or if we can just expect sporadic decisions? Last cycle it looks like decisions were released end of March and then first week of April. Anyone know how closely we’re following past trends?
medhopeful100
Full Member
Just got placed on hold!
It’s ridiculous that they’re still doing this tbh. I still haven’t heard a word since July lolJust got placed on hold!
Ikr... isn't their last interview today....?It’s ridiculous that they’re still doing this tbh. I still haven’t heard a word since July lol
I interviewed today and they mentioned that it was their last interview day
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
Just give me the R already
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
💀💀💀Why place on hold if no more interviews, me no understand
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
never gonna give you [emoji3595]
never gonna let you [emoji3596]
never gonna [emoji125]and [emoji2519] 🫵
never gonna make you [emoji24]
never gonna say [emoji112]
never gonna tell a [emoji1781] and [emoji856]🫵
hope you guys enjoyed my karaoke
never gonna let you [emoji3596]
never gonna [emoji125]and [emoji2519] 🫵
never gonna make you [emoji24]
never gonna say [emoji112]
never gonna tell a [emoji1781] and [emoji856]🫵
hope you guys enjoyed my karaoke
Withdrew my application so I could reject them before they got me 😈
Whiplash72
Full Member
Lol I'm hoping for May. I have an affidavit with another school I have to sign no later than May 1st. Would much rather have Drexel, but any med school is better than no med school. Besides some outliers lolReally hoping those of us who are deferred start hearing before june
Last edited:
finessinoganesson
Full Member
Hoping for decisions this week 🙏🏻🙏🏻 (I am going crazy at almost 16 weeks post ii)
at this rate I hope those of us that interviewed in January hear before June lolReally hoping those of us who are deferred start hearing before june
redrobbin333
Full Member
Just for the record, has anything this year, or in history, been interviewed after being out on hold?
Just called admissions, they said final interviews had indeed been conducted and final decisions for those that didn't get an II would come soon.
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
Just called admissions, they said final interviews had indeed been conducted and final decisions for those that didn't get an II would come soon.
final decisions basically meaning R's
I wish they'd cut the mealy-mouth nonsense and just call it a rejection. We're not naive enough to believe it would be anything else.Just called admissions, they said final interviews had indeed been conducted and final decisions for those that didn't get an II would come soon.
ishouldnotbehere
Full Member
From last years thread it looks like March interviewees didn’t hear back until June. Do you guys think they’re on a similar track this year?
cutie3141592
Full Member
From last years thread it looks like March interviewees didn’t hear back until June. Do you guys think they’re on a similar track this year?
i was 3/25 and do recall them saying they’re meeting more often and we should expect to hear before april 30 but i’m anticipating waiting til mid june based on this thread lmao
AwfulProcess123
Full Member
Any deferred students hear back yet? Deferred in early december after a Sept interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bruh... that is seriously criminal! I interviewed early Feb and was hoping for this month but maybe notFrom last years thread it looks like March interviewees didn’t hear back until June. Do you guys think they’re on a similar track this year?
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
anyone know if drexel is reviewing at a rate on par with last year? last year, people who interviewed 02/09 received A's by 04/17
I realllllyyyyy hope so, 2/8 interviewer checking in 😭 I've heard nothing from my 4 interviews and I'm melting soooo fast over here 🫠 we're in this together!anyone know if drexel is reviewing at a rate on par with last year? last year, people who interviewed 02/09 received A's by 04/17
right there with you. 10+ week turnaround time this close to reapplication is insanely stressful and admin said they were meeting more frequently now yet decisions seem to be rolling out even slower.Have the peeps from Jan been hearing back this week? I interviewed late Jan and feel like decisions should come soon, but the wait is starting to take a toll 😬.