2023-2024 Georgetown

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don’t stress if you feel like they passed your submission date. On last year’s thread they sent out a ton of IIs on 8/11 including people who submitted on 7/18, 7/11, and 7/2. Posted in that order. Looks like this year has been roughly in order so far but who knows.
 
Can anyone familiar with Georgetown / Washington DC elaborate on the patient population the hospitals serve? I know veterans health seems big with all the military hospitals but looking particularly for any other communities present there
 
hi! any current georgetown students on here that might be willing to talk to me? feeling super stressed since this school is my first II but one of my top choices!
 
Do you guys think there is a difference in interview invites between submitting end of July/August vs Beginning of July? I was looking at last years thread and it seemed like the interview invites slowed down but it could also be that people weren't posting it as much.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II!! LM 74, complete 7/12

It’s finally setting in that the process is actually happening omg I genuinely believed the first one was a fluke. Is imposter syndrome also setting in? Maybe
Did you just get it or earlier today? Trying to decide what time is the cutoff for refreshing my email every 5 minutes hahah
 
Did you just get it or earlier today? Trying to decide what time is the cutoff for refreshing my email every 5 minutes hahah
I got it at 3:20!! I will say as hard as it is to not refresh, it’s like watching a pot of water boil. Pls try not to torture yourself!!! Trust your notifications 🙂 They come when you’re not looking. You got this!
 
For question #3, are you guys trying to make it relevant to COVID-19 or keeping it more specific to their values and general health disparities? I have an essay idea for it but I'm finding difficulty connecting it directly to exacerbated pandemic issues.
more specific. I'm having trouble keeping in character count to connect to exacerbated pandemic issues. The prompt also asks about life experiences so I interpreted that as experiences beyond my W/A but idk if that's right
 
For the additional information prompt, I want to emphasize the areas of improvement as a rea-applicant. Is this appropriate to include ?
 
This application cycle has been lagging ;-/
Right?! I feel like in previous years it seems that things were moving a bit faster by now? I know I need to be patient lol, it's just hard when I know that august is typically the II month 😳
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any current GU med students in this thread? I have some questions about the school and would love to chat before I interview