You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
People who had to do a second interview, how did it go about? I just checked my portal and noticed there was a tab saying "second interview". I never had any contact telling me about it and there are no dates to pick from. Were other people not emailed/called about a second interview?
I got the II 30 minutes after receiving the emailHas anyone else who received the continued interest email yesterday get an II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I saw your's but I was wondering if anyone else got one yet. Congrats on yours tho!! Hoping for one as well after receiving the continued interest email yesterday.I got the II 30 minutes after receiving the email
TheMagicDude
Full Member
Got the A today.
dotsquared
Full Member
Call or email? What was your interview date?Got the A today.
TheMagicDude
Full Member
Call this morning. Interviewed mid October.Call or email? What was your interview date?
D
deleted1130343
Tbh I’m a student here and there’s less than 10 people in my class that are from seton hall. Not sure how recently that program started or if they accept all the people that interview. Also Hackensack is in the process of separating from seton hall.would the high post-II acceptance rate have anything to do with seton hall/hackensack meridian’s ba/md program? the program guarantees an interview to HMSOM for the undergrads in it so im wondering if that might inflate the post-II acceptance rate
cuddlycactus
Full Member
Congrats! Did you have a second interview?Got the A today.
Was invited to second interview, interviewed October originally.
TheMagicDude
Full Member
I did not.Congrats! Did you have a second interview?
impostersyndrome01
Full Member
Did you pick up the call yesterday? I got a call last morning from a 973 number but wasn’t able to get to the phone and couldn’t call the number back.I did not.
Just got the complete email. Turned in my secondary on 08/26!
gingerbear
Full Member
anyone still incomplete from september secondary submission?
A painful yesanyone still incomplete from september secondary submission?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
Submitted 9/28 and I'm still waiting too. I might cry when I get the complete email. Also considering calling to find out where they're at in terms of reviewing appsanyone still incomplete from september secondary submission?
I just would have thought they would be able to review more quickly once they got to the later submission dates due to less applications submitted then but it doesn’t appear so.Submitted 9/28 and I'm still waiting too. I might cry when I get the complete email. Also considering calling to find out where they're at in terms of reviewing apps
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
I'm hoping there's gonna be a huge movement forward with applications since Thanksgiving passed and they want to be much further before the holidays in December/winter break. It's just super interesting to me that it's about to be December and they still seem to be finishing up the August applicants still since someone got their complete email today and they submitted the end of augustI just would have thought they would be able to review more quickly once they got to the later submission dates due to less applications submitted then but it doesn’t appear so.
sparklywoman
Full Member
+1 it called twice but when I called back, it said the line was changed or out of service 🤷♂️Did you pick up the call yesterday? I got a call last morning from a 973 number but wasn’t able to get to the phone and couldn’t call the number back.
Do you mind sharing stats please.Call this morning. Interviewed mid October.
TheMagicDude
Full Member
Yes, it was a 973 number. I got the email today as well.Did you pick up the call yesterday? I got a call last morning from a 973 number but wasn’t able to get to the phone and couldn’t call the number back.
TheMagicDude
Full Member
Of course, LM 70.Do you mind sharing stats please.
Thanks! Congrats btwOf course, LM 70.
congrats on the A! Do you mind sharing when your interview was?Of course, LM 70.
impostersyndrome01
Full Member
Oh wow, did anything on your portal change since the acceptance offer? Also you would be able to open up a conversation with me. It would be awesome to confirm if the number is the sameYes, it was a 973 number. I got the email today as well.
Did you get a call to schedule an interview?I got the II 30 minutes after receiving the email
I declined the interview so no follow-up afterwardsDid you get a call to schedule an interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheMagicDude
Full Member
Yeah there’s a decision tab on my portal now.Oh wow, did anything on your portal change since the acceptance offer? Also you would be able to open up a conversation with me. It would be awesome to confirm if the number is the same
TheMagicDude
Full Member
10/20 was my interview day.congrats on the A! Do you mind sharing when your interview was?
It wasn’t mandatory and doesn’t impact anything. I could not attend my session and spoke with an admissions rep on the phone about it. She said it’s completely optional with no impact and you can choose to attend any of the sessions if you wantWas the Q+A session with students mandatory for admission week? If I didn't attend would it negatively impact my chances?
Thanks and congrats again. I also interviewed around then so pretty nervous now lol10/20 was my interview day.
gingerbear
Full Member
can you share your stats? I submitted before you and still incomplete 🙁 cryingSubmitted 10/16, Complete/ Preliminary Review email recieved 11/20
cuddlycactus
Full Member
Anyone know when we’re expected to hear decisions?
URM, 500 MCAT cGPA: 3.93. Visited On Campus Open-House last month, idk if that helped? Maybe emailing them might helpcan you share your stats? I submitted before you and still incomplete 🙁 crying
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
That's awesome! Congrats on the II. I also was at the Open House last month and I submitted 9/28 but I'm still not complete lol. Do you have any connections to HMH? Also are you IS or OOS if you don't mind sharing 🙂URM, 500 MCAT cGPA: 3.93. Visited On Campus Open-House last month, idk if that helped? Maybe emailing them might help
People earlier in this thread said they got As earlier this week after interviewing mid OctoberAnyone know when we’re expected to hear decisions?
OOS, still waiting for II. Thanks for putting it out there 🙂That's awesome! Congrats on the II. I also was at the Open House last month and I submitted 9/28 but I'm still not complete lol. Do you have any connections to HMH? Also are you IS or OOS if you don't mind sharing 🙂
I'm not sure if they're going in order of recieved or if its random, I'm starting to think its random order, unless they're still waiting for something to complete your file
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
Oh!! I thought you had gotten the II, but honestly it seems not too far away for you especially if you get the continued interest email others have been mentioning. Also I don’t think they do a random order as I did email the admissions office about a month after I submitted and they told me they’re processed in order of receipt. I might give them a call tomorrow afternoon about it!OOS, still waiting for II. Thanks for putting it out there 🙂
I'm not sure if they're going in order of recieved or if its random, I'm starting to think its random order, unless they're still waiting for something to complete your file
Please keep us posted if u do!Oh!! I thought you had gotten the II, but honestly it seems not too far away for you especially if you get the continued interest email others have been mentioning. Also I don’t think they do a random order as I did email the admissions office about a month after I submitted and they told me they’re processed in order of receipt. I might give them a call tomorrow afternoon about it!
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
They told me to email them with any questions regarding my application! Will update if I hear anything back soon 🙂Please keep us posted if u do!
Thanks so much for keeping us posted 🙂They told me to email them with any questions regarding my application! Will update if I hear anything back soon 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we think it is too early to send an update letter to this school because they usually run a bit late?
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
Absolutely not!! I already sent them an update letter with some activities that aren’t already on my app and they added it to my file for review. I’m still waiting for the completion emailDo we think it is too early to send an update letter to this school because they usually run a bit late?
D
deleted1149414
I did my second interview about two weeks ago, I'm wondering if this will cause me to be reviewed later? Last year it looks like they didn't start sending acceptances until 12/15, so it seems that they are ahead of schedule this year. They sent acceptances to november interview dates in January last year, so hopefully they will send decisions earlier this year...On the other hand they didn't seem to send waitlists and just rejected those not accepted at the end of the cycle without communication
boomchickapow
Full Member
hey! i received an II here and in the email, it outlines saying that they will call. it's been a couple of days (4-5 days) since i received and i have the admissions day next week. should i call them? or should I wait?
MDwannabe01
Full Member
hey! i received an II here and in the email, it outlines saying that they will call. it's been a couple of days (4-5 days) since i received and i have the admissions day next week. should i call them? or should I wait?
just wait, it took them 3 weeks to call me and it was a few days after my admissions day!