You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dotsquared
Full Member
Interviewed 10/6 and nothing on my endhave most people who interviewed not received any decision yet?
damn, saw earlier too that people who interviewed in August also haven’t heard back. I interviewed late November and im afraid I won’t hear back until like March at this point LOLInterviewed 10/6 and nothing on my end
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed in October and was told December would be when I find out
ah, hopefully it’s soon then because once we hit the holidays it’s probably silentInterviewed in October and was told December would be when I find out
The last 2 years looks like the A wave was around 12/15. Hoping this weekah, hopefully it’s soon then because once we hit the holidays it’s probably silent
D
deleted1012716
Complete just now. Submitted secondary early September.
Same.Complete just now. Submitted secondary early September.
purplepanda23
Full Member
+1Complete just now. Submitted secondary early September.
I interviewed mid September and got accepted after a month or so. When did you interview?have most people who interviewed not received any decision yet?
Oops! Got the wrong school thread. Was thinking Saint Louis University for some reason. I interviewed early this month with Hackensack. No decision yet.
Last edited:
also interviewed in Oct and waiting but I am assuming they will release a bulk of decisions sometime this week for all of us that interviewed from this time.Interviewed in October and was told December would be when I find out
Raspberry_skies
New Member
Does Hackensack typically release As in batches and then send waitlists/post II-R towards the end of the cycle? I interviewed in like mid-September and they told me I would hear back by December, but I wasn’t sure if I would only hear back if I am accepted or if I would hear if I’m rejected or waitlisted as well. Does anyone have any insight on this?
kayakh smith
Full Member
Me tooComplete just now. Submitted secondary early September.
dotsquared
Full Member
Neutral from my understanding based on last years post.Got called to schedule a second interview, first interview on 11/20. Is this a good, bad, or neutral sign?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
z123456789
Full Member
I got a continued interest on 10/26... nothing since... is there still hope for an II?
Submitted in September, prelim review was just complete. I didn't realize that this school requires Duet, so I didn't take it. Should I take it or should I just not bother since I took Casper in like July and it'll look bad anyway? I'm mostly worried about other schools that don't require Duet seeing my results and being like "well they don't belong here"
chunkimonki
Full Member
Same here but I know it's because I submitted mid September... Does this mean we like passed their academic screen and they are just offering interviews based on like essays and extra curriculars?my preliminary review is finally complete
shewhobagstea
Full Member
Take Duet! It's super easy and I don't think has too much weight for most schools.Submitted in September, prelim review was just complete. I didn't realize that this school requires Duet, so I didn't take it. Should I take it or should I just not bother since I took Casper in like July and it'll look bad anyway? I'm mostly worried about other schools that don't require Duet seeing my results and being like "well they don't belong here"
shewhobagstea
Full Member
I jusssst got through the prelim screen, also submitted in September. Not sure if I should do anything?
Considering that no one (from what I know) has heard back on acceptances even though historically the first round of decisions were already sent out by now, they may just be a bit behind. I would say don't worry about it.I jusssst got through the prelim screen, also submitted in September. Not sure if I should do anything?
Also, through my unhealthy obsession of constantly checking reddit and sdn on updates, I ended up finding an interesting post on there from a resident that was recently posted. Anyone have any thoughts??
Considering that no one (from what I know) has heard back on acceptances even though historically the first round of decisions were already sent out by now, they may just be a bit behind. I would say don't worry about it.
Also, through my unhealthy obsession of constantly checking reddit and sdn on updates, I ended up finding an interesting post on there from a resident that was recently posted. Anyone have any thoughts??
a few people got acceptance calls a few weeks back end of November
They’re pretty big on public health. Discussed a lot in the interview of reasons they wanted to open this new med school and what they wanted to accomplishdoes anyone know what this school really focuses/values?
Considering that no one (from what I know) has heard back on acceptances even though historically the first round of decisions were already sent out by now, they may just be a bit behind. I would say don't worry about it.
Also, through my unhealthy obsession of constantly checking reddit and sdn on updates, I ended up finding an interesting post on there from a resident that was recently posted. Anyone have any thoughts??
What did the reddit post say? It’s unavailable now
here's a screenshot I have of the post, I don't have any of the comments thoughWhat did the reddit post say? It’s unavailable now
cuddlycactus
Full Member
Not me, same situation as youHas anybody received acceptance from this school yet in this month? I see couple of acceptances end of Nov. Interviewed in september.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last two years the acceptances came in December mid. This year its not clear if they released in November end.Was looking through last years thread and apparently they don’t really have a timeline, people were just told “by April 30th”
D
deleted1176140
I have to imagine that the dearth A posts here along with the very favorable post-II acceptance rate means that the large majority of decisions have not gone out
Hoping the same!I have to imagine that the dearth A posts here along with the very favorable post-II acceptance rate means that the large majority of decisions have not gone out
Yes but I’m saying people who interviewed in September and still didn’t hear anything in like Feb called to get a timeline and there really isn’t one apparentlyLast two years the acceptances came in December mid. This year its not clear if they released in November end.
ventricular_tachycardia
New Member
I might be a little bit late, but I interviewed mid October and got the A via phone call on 12/5 (OOS)Has anybody received acceptance from this school yet in this month? I see couple of acceptances end of Nov. Interviewed in september.
Thanks for letting us know! Probably those who did not hear are WL/R then. Also do you see the accpetance on the portal?I might be a little bit late, but I interviewed mid October and got the A via phone call on 12/5 (OOS)
ventricular_tachycardia
New Member
Keep your hopes up, the A could come any time now. And yes, soon after the call I got an email and later the portal changed as well to show the acceptanceThanks for letting us know! Probably those who did not hear are WL/R then. Also do you see the accpetance on the portal?
Last few years had big waves of A over email, but this year seems like scattered phone calls to only a few people. I wonder if they’re doing it different this year then. I was told in my II in Oct that I would hear in Dec
I think they changed their process too 🫠 I’m hoping we get a New Years gift from HackensackLast few years had big waves of A over email, but this year seems like scattered phone calls to only a few people. I wonder if they’re doing it different this year then. I was told in my II in Oct that I would hear in Dec
I might be a little bit late, but I interviewed mid October and got the A via phone call on 12/5 (OOS)
same here, got A on 12/5 and interviewed in october
D
deleted1176140
Any November interviewees hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cuddlycactus
Full Member
Any September interviews hear back?
I started a new job in June of this year and the doctor I work with finally sent Hackensack an email with my recommendation. Do I need to tell the school about this submission or would that be too extra?
D
deleted1176140
Nah I was wondering if this would be useful but I don’t want to harass themHas anyone here followed up with the admissions office at all about hearing back as it’s almost the end of December?
D
deleted1176140
Probably wouldn’t hurt to send the admissions email a heads upI started a new job in June of this year and the doctor I work with finally sent Hackensack an email with my recommendation. Do I need to tell the school about this submission or would that be too extra?