2023-2024 Hofstra

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s super relaxed, they basically give a case like they would be presented in class and you as a small group just kind of pitch your ideas and it’s facilitated by one of the med students. They specifically say it’s not part of your evaluation at all just a way for you to get a feel of their curriculum
by far my fav interview experience –– it's really chill! just don't do anything socially questionable and ur gonna be fine
 
Hey y’all, my interview is in a couple days. The application portal and emails say that phones, tablets, and safari are not supported, but I actually don’t have a laptop. I’ve been using my iPad for all my interviews with no issues so far, and i’m thinking that if I use Google Chrome on my iPad Pro I shouldn’t have any issues - anyone know anything about this?
 
Hey y’all, my interview is in a couple days. The application portal and emails say that phones, tablets, and safari are not supported, but I actually don’t have a laptop. I’ve been using my iPad for all my interviews with no issues so far, and i’m thinking that if I use Google Chrome on my iPad Pro I shouldn’t have any issues - anyone know anything about this?
Your best bet is probably to reach out to them and let them know of your situation and see what they say
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone think it's bad to only write a thank you to one person (the traditional interviewer)? I don't know if the other ones can see eachothers' since we are supposed to upload it to the portal
 
Anyone think it's bad to only write a thank you to one person (the traditional interviewer)? I don't know if the other ones can see eachothers' since we are supposed to upload it to the portal
Sorry I might've missed this, but I have my interview tomorrow and I thought it was an MMI circuit? Is there also a traditional interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry I might've missed this, but I have my interview tomorrow and I thought it was an MMI circuit? Is there also a traditional interview?
Like Sparky21 said they have a traditional interview station that lasts around 15 minutes! If you look at the stuff they link in the interview section on the portal it might say there but if you google stuff about ZuckerSOM interview they have plenty on their website about it!
 
Looks like mass pre II R's went out last year on 12/16 (so probably tomorrow this year).

As far as A's, I think 12/20 was first day last year so I'm guessing 12/19 this year (the Monday after classes end). Looks like they came out around 8:50am by email and that you accepted via portal so I assume there were changes in portal too.

So, I'm expecting a round of pre-II R's tomorrow, and a round of A's on Monday.

Good luck to all!!!!!
well I guess I’ll be avoiding my email all morning 😅
 
Looks like mass pre II R's went out last year on 12/16 (so probably tomorrow this year). This corresponds to last day of classes.

As far as A's, I think 12/20 was first day last year so I'm guessing 12/19 this year (which, like last year, is the Monday after classes end). Looks like they came out around 8:50 am by email and that you accepted via portal so I assume there were changes in portal too.

So, I'm expecting a round of pre-II R's tomorrow, and a round of A's on Monday.

Good luck to all!!!!!
12/19 is Tuesday and 12/20/23 was a Tuesday (I'll still be checking my email neurotically Monday as well though) 🙂
keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!!!!!! see you on the other side 🫡
 
Like Sparky21 said they have a traditional interview station that lasts around 15 minutes! If you look at the stuff they link in the interview section on the portal it might say there but if you google stuff about ZuckerSOM interview they have plenty on their website about it!
Thank you, just saw it! What did you all think of the Hofstra MMI?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What time did you guys get them? Just wondering if they come in waves or if I’m screwed lol
i looked at last years thread and seems like they get sent all at once and then waitlists not till end of January 😅 same boat
 
Congrats on the As everyone!! Does anyone know if there is a chance we will get an A later if we didn’t hear today or is it most likely a WL or R?
 
On interview day, I wrote down that they told us we could receive a decision anytime between mid-December and March. I think today is just the beginning.
I wrote that down too. Who knows what happens that people don’t post on SDN. maybe some people from earlier interviews do go straight to an A down the line
 
I wrote that down too. Who knows what happens that people don’t post on SDN. maybe some people from earlier interviews do go straight to an A down the line
Some people seem to have gotten “continued review” emails in January too and have gotten As after that that interviewed early on from what I got from last years
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same 🙁 honestly felt like interview went very well too

damn 🙁 feels bad… first MMI results so makes me second guess my other MMIs
Might not have been our interviews. LizzyM’s staircase analogy is making me feel better sorta. I’m below hofstra’s mcat median and I’m assuming I got overshadowed by high stat people