You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Hofstra
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ii_manifestation
Full Member
+1, OOS complete 7/18. Good luck everyone 🙂Pre-II R. Complete 8/27.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 pre-II R complete 7/12...
cuddlycactus
Full Member
Pre-II R OOS
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Pre-II R, OOS, complete mid-July, good luck to everyone with IIs!
dotsquared
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II rejection. LM 73.5. Complete early July
buggaboobibby
Full Member
IS Pre-II R, complete September. Good luck everyone!
Joining the R train, complete 8/28
futuredoc17272278283
Full Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ScienzRules
Full Member
+1. Good luck to everyone else!
+1 OOS R
mynicknameisnemo
Full Member
Rejection city, population me
MDwannabe01
Full Member
somehow survived this R wave complete 7/8..not getting my hopes up though
D
deleted1161377
Got the OOS pre-II R as well. Complete 8/22.
No surprise here, given that I made a foolish error in my "why Hofstra" essay :/
No surprise here, given that I made a foolish error in my "why Hofstra" essay :/
Same completion time but sent an update later around 2 months ago so don’t know if that pushed me back or if I survived the wavesomehow survived this R wave complete 7/8..not getting my hopes up though
futuredocflo
Full Member
Caught the wave! OOS pre-II R Complete 8/13
MDwannabe01
Full Member
Same completion time but sent an update later around 2 months ago so don’t know if that pushed me back or if I survived the wave
same here
OOS pre-II R
docdoc3000
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R, complete early July
shewhobagstea
Full Member
OOS pre-II R, complete 9/19 LM 69
Caveat mTOR
Full Member
OOS pre-II R, complete 8/31
bstomd2024
Full Member
+1 pre-ii R oos lm 69
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stinkygoose00
Full Member
OOS pre-II R yesterday, complete 7/19
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
OOS II, Complete 9/29, Q4 Casper, LM 63! I’m so excited since it’s my first MD interview!! 🙂
Last edited:
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
Does Hofstra offer in-person tours of campus or is it all virtual tours and such? Would LOVE to go see campus with my family at some point
I'm sure if you email them they would be delighted to give a tour 🙂Does Hofstra offer in-person tours of campus or is it all virtual tours and such? Would LOVE to go see campus with my family at some point
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
Cool beans! I'll shoot them an email for sure. Do you think that I should wait a bit since I just got an II? I don't wanna seem too eager or anything like that even though I'm super elated to even be considered by them past my secondary lol!!I'm sure if you email them they would be delighted to give a tour 🙂
Nah can't hurt! I think it only shows interest in the school 🙂Cool beans! I'll shoot them an email for sure. Do you think that I should wait a bit since I just got an II? I don't wanna seem too eager or anything like that even though I'm super elated to even be considered by them past my secondary lol!!
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
It definitely didn't hurt to ask, but just to let you and anyone else who's curious know, they only offer in-person tours of campus for accepted students! Hopefully I'll get to that point! 😵Nah can't hurt! I think it only shows interest in the school 🙂
I have a feeling you'll end up getting that tour!!! Keep us posted!It definitely didn't hurt to ask, but just to let you and anyone else who's curious know, they only offer in-person tours of campus for accepted students! Hopefully I'll get to that point! 😵
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
Thanks for the encouragement!!! With my stats and this being my second cycle I would literally be throwing up and crying to even get a WL for a school like Hofstra. Good luck to you too!!I have a feeling you'll end up getting that tour!!! Keep us posted!
Pre-II R (OOS) on 11/17/23
Secondary submitted 8/30/23
Secondary submitted 8/30/23
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
does anyone know when the first round of post-II decisions come? iirc it was sometime in December from previous threads
i believe last year was end of December right before the holidays, maybe the 21st or 22nd?does anyone know when the first round of post-II decisions come? iirc it was sometime in December from previous threads
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
I saw last year's thread was around Dec 20th and it looks like they might admit monthly after that cuz I only see people talking about decisions around Dec 20th then again in mid-Jan and mid-Feb. If anyone knows more or you find out more def post here pls 🙂does anyone know when the first round of post-II decisions come? iirc it was sometime in December from previous threads
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
Yup during the interview, they told us first set of decisions would go out end of Dec right before the holidays.I saw last year's thread was around Dec 20th and it looks like they might admit monthly after that cuz I only see people talking about decisions around Dec 20th then again in mid-Jan and mid-Feb. If anyone knows more or you find out more def post here pls 🙂
mickeymice
Full Member
Yeah I think interview day they said mid-December if I remember correctly.does anyone know when the first round of post-II decisions come? iirc it was sometime in December from previous threads
Does anybody know what the mini skills session is?
It’s super relaxed, they basically give a case like they would be presented in class and you as a small group just kind of pitch your ideas and it’s facilitated by one of the med students. They specifically say it’s not part of your evaluation at all just a way for you to get a feel of their curriculumDoes anybody know what the mini skills session is?