You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Morehouse
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
harry_potter138
Full Member
same :/ interviewed the 22ndCongrats to all those who got accepted!! You guys are gonna be amazing doctors!
Still waiting to hear back and I interviewed 08/30 🙁
medschoolhopeful24
Full Member
same :/ interviewed the 22nd
Yeah it’s hard to be patient I just want to know either way at this point.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im AA and not one hbcu II yet? Dang that’s crazy
Hopefully it comes soon for you bro! Still not late in the interview phase!Im AA and not one hbcu II yet? Dang that’s crazy
Do you think anymore decisions are coming out this week?
Do you think anymore decisions are coming out this week?
We were told we would know something by Halloween…. So I’m going to say yes ??
Stats if you don't mind?A!
Interview on 10/13
c3.6/s3.7/513Stats if you don't mind?
medschoolhopeful24
Full Member
It was a trick or treat situation lolSo much for “by Halloween”🥲. Or at least I haven’t heard anything
So much for “by Halloween”🥲. Or at least I haven’t heard anything
Yeahhhh I’m going to say they got busy…
Last edited:
MissDoctorBae
MD Class of 2028!
Lol Morehouse please give me an interview 😫🙏
lovely2025
Full Member
i’m literally begging atpLol Morehouse please give me an interview 😫🙏
Aqua Life
Full Member
Just curious when did they tell yall to expect to hear back? Quick turn around for you luckily!! CongratsA!
Interview on 10/13
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredochow
Full Member
Interviewed 9/20 and they told us mid to late-October [emoji15]
Just got an email saying I was put on the alternate list. Not happy but not sad. There is still a chance.. Just have to continue waiting..
spirited wildflower
Full Member
Placed on waitlist just now.
Just got the waitlist too 🙁
Anyone know if their waitlist actually takes a lot of people off?
Anyone know if their waitlist actually takes a lot of people off?
Alternate list 5 mins ago. It is what it is I guess 🙁
I am sorry to hear that, When did you all interview?Placed on waitlist just now.
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
+1 alt list, interviewed late aug, will be withdrawing so good luck to yall !
spirited wildflower
Full Member
I interviewed on August 30th! And it’s all good!I am sorry to hear that, When did you all interview?
10/7. I felt pretty good after the interviewI am sorry to hear that, When did you all interview?
Interviewed 10/04I am sorry to hear that, When did you all interview?
harry_potter138
Full Member
+1 alternative list, not sure how much movement happens on this list
On the MSAR website, it says 50% of people placed on the wait list eventually get it. So it's a 50/50 chanceJust got the waitlist too 🙁
Anyone know if their waitlist actually takes a lot of people off?
interviewed on august 30th, felt decentI am sorry to hear that, When did you all interview?
medschoolhopeful24
Full Member
Email for alternate list Bette then a r
Alternate list 5 mins ago. It is what it is I guess 🙁
Same….
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HopefulPremed!
New Member
Received the alternative list email as well 🙁 Interviewed 09/08.
Last edited:
Anyone that interviewed on 10/13 get waitlisted?
You didn't get anything?Anyone that interviewed on 10/13 get waitlisted?
They didn’t mention on my date, but I was expecting to hear back around Thanksgiving. I’m very surprised with the turnaround.Just curious when did they tell yall to expect to hear back? Quick turn around for you luckily!! Congrats
Or 10/18?Anyone that interviewed on 10/13 get waitlisted?
Or 09/22? I have not heard anything.Anyone that interviewed on 10/13 get waitlisted?
Not yet. Don't want to get my hopes up too high either 😓You didn't get anything?
harry_potter138
Full Member
I interviewed on 9/22 and got on the alternative list today.Or 09/22? I have not heard anything.
Aqua Life
Full Member
Yea they told 10/20 interviewers early November so expecting something this or next weekend hopefully! Seems like they call over the weekends for acceptancesThey didn’t mention on my date, but I was expecting to hear back around Thanksgiving. I’m very surprised with the turnaround.
Is there a group me or facebook for accepted students yet?
So, I called the office to see whether or not they take people off the waitlist before next year in March/ April and she assured me they do but after researching the forums from previous years.. That wasn't the case. Am I tripping? Or was she just saying that to prevent me from worrying too much about it?
So, I called the office to see whether or not they take people off the waitlist before next year in March/ April and she assured me they do but after researching the forums from previous years.. That wasn't the case. Am I tripping? Or was she just saying that to prevent me from worrying too much about it?
That’s encouraging!! I thought I remember them saying at the end of the interview day that they review wait list apps with new interview apps but wasn’t sure if I was making it up since I was placed on the AL. We also, have to remember not everyone who applies uses or engages in SDN.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fair, but do you really think the probability is that low? LolThat’s encouraging!! I thought I remember them saying at the end of the interview day that they review wait list apps with new interview apps but wasn’t sure if I was making it up since I was placed on the AL. We also, have to remember not everyone who applies uses or engages in SDN.
Fair, but do you really think the probability is that low? Lol
I mean 200 on the waitlist and 100 get offered. I don’t even think 10 people on the waitlist that was on SDN last year the entire time indicated they got offered. So I think so. However, just trying to stay positive.
Appeal to school-specific thread: Morehouse SOM recommended PREview for the 2023-2024 cycle.
Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.
HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.
Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.
Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.
Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.
Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!
Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!
Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.
HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.
Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.
Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.
Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.
Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!
Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!
Not a tip sorry, but when were you complete?I just received an interview! Any helpful tips on how to prepare?
all interviews are virtual, right? when did you get a zoom link for your interview with morehouse? I still havent gotten my link yet