2023-2024 Morehouse

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear bro. So morehouse basically put you on the alternate list then rejected you out of nowhere. That’s crazy
yeah I was quite bummed because out of all the schools i've interviewed at, I felt the most at-home here; for anyone curious the rejected email said: "The Admissions Committee has met and completed its final review of your interview and application. We regret to inform you that we are unable to give your application further consideration." Not sure what happened, but I think they needed to make space on the AL list.
 
yeah I was quite bummed because out of all the schools i've interviewed at, I felt the most at-home here; for anyone curious the rejected email said: "The Admissions Committee has met and completed its final review of your interview and application. We regret to inform you that we are unable to give your application further consideration." Not sure what happened, but I think they needed to make space on the AL list.

Dang sorry to hear that! That’s wild I didn’t realize schools can reject you off the waitlist before the cycle is over. However, wishing you the best and you may land some where!
 
Last edited:
Just got AL email, interviewed 10/18. Fingers crossed for everyone!!!
Can any current or previous MSM students give input on when they’re taken off the alternative list?

Hi!! Not a current student, but thought I’d chime in. Last year, I interviewed 1/6, got the AL email 3/9, and then got the A 6/14. So there’s definitely still time for movement!!
 
Hi!! Not a current student, but thought I’d chime in. Last year, I interviewed 1/6, got the AL email 3/9, and then got the A 6/14. So there’s definitely still time for movement!
Were you OOS? And did you provide any update letters/letters of intent/interest between the time you were waitlisted and received an acceptance?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were you OOS? And did you provide any update letters/letters of intent/interest between the time you were waitlisted and received an acceptance?

Yes, I was OOS. I actually did not provide any letters in that time, but that was also because I began to realize I preferred another school I had received an A from. I’m sure many would encourage a letter of intent/interest, especially to Morehouse. For the update though, I wouldn’t unless I had something significant to update my application with, which I did not.