2023-2024 Stanford

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm guessing not good. Also survived that massive R wave but no II.
On the other hand, I wonder if the reason they haven’t sent out Rs yet is because they still heavily consider us but have limited spots. Maybe they’re trying to gather more concrete numbers on their priority applicants and then after that they move on to us. We’ll have to wait and see, but I’m crossing my fingers for us and anyone else in the same boat!
 
On the other hand, I wonder if the reason they haven’t sent out Rs yet is because they still heavily consider us but have limited spots. Maybe they’re trying to gather more concrete numbers on their priority applicants and then after that they move on to us. We’ll have to wait and see, but I’m crossing my fingers for us and anyone else in the same boat!
That’s exactly what it is. Stanford interviews very few applicants relative to other schools it seems like.
 
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the threads a lot recently. Can any of my scavenger buddies let me know the chances of an II at this point late in the cycle? Based on previous years' data plus any info gathered from their comms. Thanks y'all!*


*Also posted this in a couple of other threads.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, I was looking at last year's thread to see when decisions might start being released and saw something about a "Post-Interview Update" tab disappearing in people's portals before they got a decision... I went to check my portal, but I don't have that tab and can't remember if it was ever there or not. Does anyone with a II have that tab? (Sorry for being neurotic lol)
I submitted an update in mid november but now i don't have that tab anymore. was checking bc was gonna submit another one but don't have the option (interviewed late sept)
 
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the threads a lot recently. Can any of my scavenger buddies let me know the chances of an II at this point late in the cycle? Based on previous years' data plus any info gathered from their comms. Thanks y'all!*


*Also posted this in a couple of other threads.
It does seem like they're running low on IIs left (maybe just not that many people on SDN reporting). Last year they seemed to extend a few IIs mid December (14/15) and another three in January (5/6/~15th I think). In 2021-2022 they seemed to stop after December. I'd say you still have a shot though even if smaller than before.
 
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the threads a lot recently. Can any of my scavenger buddies let me know the chances of an II at this point late in the cycle? Based on previous years' data plus any info gathered from their comms. Thanks y'all!*


*Also posted this in a couple of other threads.
Two II were extended a few days ago to some of the SDN users here. So, I'd say there's still a chance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if there were any II waves in January in previous years? Or are we just waiting for R’s at this point?
 
I wouldn't worry too much about the post-interview button. I spent too much time looking through the previous year's threads, and it seems that people get both accepted and waitlisted after it disappears. It also seems like Stanford doesn't really do post-II Rs immediately, so the button disappearing likely just means they came to a decision (A or WL).

Also, it seems many people get accepted without sending an update. So I wouldn't stress about having to use it or send one in if it's gone for you. I'd imagine they prefer not to read more than they have to, given that they emphasize only sending in significant updates and how they discourage us from sending in thank-you notes lol
 
Does anyone know the pass/fail threshold for the pre-clerkship courses? I've found the average for other universities that use pass/fail is ~68% however can't find any information on Stanford's website outside of "it varies." Any further information is super helpful, appreciate you!
 
Does anyone know the pass/fail threshold for the pre-clerkship courses? I've found the average for other universities that use pass/fail is ~68% however can't find any information on Stanford's website outside of "it varies." Any further information is super helpful, appreciate you!
Speaking with no knowledge here so pure speculation, but it could be that they have a standard number (like 68) and the "it varies" is just in case they need to change it for a specific course to prevent too many people from needing remediation? Doubt that's an issue at stanford but I've heard of that happening at other schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who applied for Knight-Hennessy, have you heard back from the School of Medicine (either an interview invite or rejection)?

Edit: I applied and haven't heard anything back 🙂
 
Last edited:
Speaking with no knowledge here so pure speculation, but it could be that they have a standard number (like 68) and the "it varies" is just in case they need to change it for a specific course to prevent too many people from needing remediation? Doubt that's an issue at stanford but I've heard of that happening at other schools.
Definitely think that this is a plausible theory! I wonder if the passing standard is higher for schools such as Stanford in comparison to others, or if it seems to be the same remediation threshold across the board. :thinking: