You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If the WL is ranked, would a letter of intent do anything? or is it already set
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
onwardsandupwards468
Full Member
Withdrew my A today. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!
Lane Jorgensen
Full Member
thanks and did you ask them to give the extra spot to, let's just pick a random name here... Lane Jorgensen?Withdrew my A today. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!
augustfifther
Full Member
I withdrew my A on Friday after receiving no need based financial aid. Good luck to everyone!
MDwannabe01
Full Member
Withdrew my A! Hoping it goes to one of you!
maindoctor42
Full Member
Withdrew A - best of luck to you all!
just_tryna_get_in
New Member
Withdrew my A, best of luck to everyone!
does anyone know where on solar I can pay the $100 deposit? I can't find it for some reason
I emailed the Bursar, they are figuring it out. If you are not already, join the group me to keep up to date.does anyone know where on solar I can pay the $100 deposit? I can't find it for some reason
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Looks like some people are joining the groupme but some of them are current M1/M2sAny WL movement yet?
Do you know how many ppl are in the groupme rn? Also do you know how big the class is gonna be? Trynna see how many spots are leftLooks like some people are joining the groupme but some of them are current M1/M2s
oatmilkplease
Full Member
There's like 110 and the class size is supposed to be around 120, but this is also an unofficial groupme so I'd assume a large amount of accepted students haven't joined. I do think that theres gonna be quite a bit of WL movement though!!Do you know how many ppl are in the groupme rn? Also do you know how big the class is gonna be? Trynna see how many spots are left
Thank you!There's like 110 and the class size is supposed to be around 120, but this is also an unofficial groupme so I'd assume a large amount of accepted students haven't joined. I do think that theres gonna be quite a bit of WL movement though!!
drdream314
Full Member
any WL movement yet?
Maybe it'll start next weekany WL movement yet?
LittleCoaks
Full Member
This is what it’s looking like rnMaybe it'll start next week
Unfortunately not. Nothing on my end at least... I do believe they'll start to pull this week though?anyone hear anything about the wl yet?
drdream314
Full Member
+1Unfortunately not. Nothing on my end at least... I do believe they'll start to pull this week though?
i hope so!! im sure at least the hpwlUnfortunately not. Nothing on my end at least... I do believe they'll start to pull this week though?
Lane Jorgensen
Full Member
An email I received suggested they have not begun working on the waitlist yet.
did you email them asking? or did they send it out to everyone?An email I received suggested they have not begun working on the waitlist yet.
I'm wondering this too... i never received an emaildid you email them asking? or did they send it out to everyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LittleCoaks
Full Member
Yes, there is an HPWL this year. A few members on here have confirmed itI’m confused, was anyone notified specifically that they’re on hpwl? I emailed them and they said movement historically begins “late spring”, 30% of waitlist is usually accepted, and that we are ranked but rankings are confidential.
Lane Jorgensen
Full Member
There was no email about it that you should have received. I was emailing them about something semi-related and in their reply to my email they indicated waitlist movement had not begun.did you email them asking? or did they send it out to everyone?
gotcha thank you!!There was no email about it that you should have received. I was emailing them about something semi-related and in their reply to my email they indicated waitlist movement had not begun.
from my understanding the people who were notified of their waitlist status before the new year didn't get any change to their status, but some people received the hpwl email in the spring without receiving an original waitlist email prior to that. I could be wrong but from what people have said thats what it seems likeI’m confused, was anyone notified specifically that they’re on hpwl? I emailed them and they said movement historically begins “late spring”, 30% of waitlist is usually accepted, and that we are ranked but rankings are confidential.
LittleCoaks
Full Member
Nopehas anyone heard today?
Nopehas anyone heard today?
lightcurtainblue
New Member
Hi all,
Called Stony Brook today and they mentioned the WL will not move this week. It will start middle to end of next week according to the admissions lady that helped me. Hope this helps everyone who is waiting like me.
Called Stony Brook today and they mentioned the WL will not move this week. It will start middle to end of next week according to the admissions lady that helped me. Hope this helps everyone who is waiting like me.
so kind of you thank you!Hi all,
Called Stony Brook today and they mentioned the WL will not move this week. It will start middle to end of next week according to the admissions lady that helped me. Hope this helps everyone who is waiting like me.
i hope so!So movement starting on Wednesday?
drdream314
Full Member
nope 😔has anyone heard anything?
is there an accepted students GroupMe? it’s a shoddy measure of WL movement but if there is does anyone know the # of members?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
emailed back and said "no timeframe" 😳I called them last week and they did say waitlist movement would start at the end of this week. I emailed to ask again for an update.
ThrowawayAccount16875
New Member
So I quickly made an account to just clarify this for you all. A friend of mine was on the HPWL and was emailed this week that they will be processing an admission package for them. It hasn’t come yet but it seems like some of the HPWL has been at least notified of an incoming A.
Lane Jorgensen
Full Member
tranquilo...