2023-2024 Stony Brook

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the accepted students fb group says it was made may 7th and is at 138 members - so not sure how much space would be left for us WL peeps
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone heard anything one way or the other? i know someone said HPWL applicants might’ve heard something but anything from the regular waitlist?
 
Still kinda strange that we're nearing the end of May soon and they haven't started WL movement when other schools started more than 2 weeks ago… oh and also to point out that this particular forum has had much more ppl say they are withdrawing their A compared to other school forums…
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I’m new to sdn and currently on Stony Brook WL. Wanted to let you guys know that I reached out to Renaissance admissions and they told me that no WL movement has happened yet and it might start mid to end of next week now. 😵‍💫
 
Those of you who withdrew your A to Stony Brook and are NYC residents, where did you decide to go instead? Are you still staying in-state or are you moving OOS? If OOS, why?
 
this is so frustrating considering its almost the end of may and youd think theyd wanna get this over with. thank you for calling
seems like they give different answers depending on who picks up the phone at the time. someone else was told WL would start mid to late this week (and the week before that lol). wouldnt be surprised if you called and they gave a different answer
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those on the waitlist with other As, what are you doing about commit to enroll deadlines coming up?
 
For those on the waitlist with other As, what are you doing about commit to enroll deadlines coming up?
my school let us request an extension to 6/15 so I’m just hoping that’s enough time…. LOL.. but I’m happy w my current choice and am already making moving and housing plans
 
From admissions via email - waitlist movement expected to begin by end of this week or beginning of next week. Also, contradicting previous posts in this thread, i was told no movement has started yet.

Does anyone know if they ever admit off the standard waitlist or if it’s entirely HPWL?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I called admissions today to see if I was still on the waitlist cuz I only received the waitlist email and don’t see the waitlist status on AMCAS like someone mentioned earlier. The person also told me that waitlist is still moving meaning that movement has definitely started (maybe just HPWL tho cuz i haven’t seen a regular waitlist A).
 
So I called admissions today to see if I was still on the waitlist cuz I only received the waitlist email and don’t see the waitlist status on AMCAS like someone mentioned earlier. The person also told me that waitlist is still moving meaning that movement has definitely started (maybe just HPWL tho cuz i haven’t seen a regular waitlist A).
Mannn, i think the waitlist status really just depends on who answers the phone/email lol