You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Complete date?IS II received yesterday!
Smiskisigh
New Member
late augustComplete date?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II just now, no ties to NY (CA ORM). complete in july
What day were you complete boiiiOOS II just now, no ties to NY (CA ORM). complete in july
7/18 🙂What day were you complete boiii
theres hope still7/18 🙂
Pls lmk as well lol!!!If you find/make one lmk 🙂
for those of you who already attended the optional info sessions, was it more casual or formal? do you think it would be acceptable to wear a scrub top? (i'm gonna have to take the meeting while at work)
I know this has been asked already, but there were varying answers so i wanted more input!
I know this has been asked already, but there were varying answers so i wanted more input!
purplepanda2001
Full Member
I also attended in scrubs, in my car because my job doesn’t haven’t a private break room and I was on my lunch. I think that’s totally fine!
MDwannabe01
Full Member
for those of you who already attended the optional info sessions, was it more casual or formal? do you think it would be acceptable to wear a scrub top? (i'm gonna have to take the meeting while at work)
I know this has been asked already, but there were varying answers so i wanted more input!
I also wore scrubs!
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Can any current student confirm that pre-clinical is true pass/fail? I was like 95% certain it was pass/fail (that's what I have written in my notes), but now I'm seeing different things in different areas of the school website- one page said pass/fail for Phase I and the other said honors/pass/fail
phase 1 is true p/f, does not contribute to quartile ranking unless you fail a phase 1 course, h/p/f on the website is outdated from a few years agoCan any current student confirm that pre-clinical is true pass/fail? I was like 95% certain it was pass/fail (that's what I have written in my notes), but now I'm seeing different things in different areas of the school website- one page said pass/fail for Phase I and the other said honors/pass/fail
Any acceptances this week? Interviewed 10/20 and not sure if the “mid-October” acceptances last week were the week before me or if I’m about to get hit with a WL. Based on past years seems like should be hearing this week…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As expected, just received my WL email now. No surprises here given it took them 10 weeks since my interview for them to send me an email. I don't know if they are doing high priority waitlist this yr but if anyone could please clarify it would be appreciated. Mine just said wait list. Given that this is only one of two II i received so far I'm really on thin ice here
Last edited:
lol WLedAny acceptances this week? Interviewed 10/20 and not sure if the “mid-October” acceptances last week were the week before me or if I’m about to get hit with a WL. Based on past years seems like should be hearing this week…
At least u didn't have to wait 10 weeks 🤣lol WLed
purplepanda2001
Full Member
WLed, interviewed 9/15
maindoctor42
Full Member
AMCAS Waitlist Procedures. You have a chance! Good luck!Also if anyone knows how likely it is to get off the WL for stony brook in May pls lmk
So for stony it seems like around a (65/300)= 22% chance of getting off the WL?AMCAS Waitlist Procedures. You have a chance! Good luck!
maindoctor42
Full Member
I wouldn't say that's a concrete number, it likely varies by year. Probably just an estimate.So for stony it seems like around a (65/300)= 22% chance of getting off the WL?
However, these odds are much higher than the overall acceptance pool...
always_hungry
Full Member
oof i interviewed the same day as you but haven't heard back yet :/lol WLed
oatmilkplease
Full Member
I heard back in almost exactly 3 weeks!For acceptances, about how long after interview did you guys hear back?
DsGetDegrees
New Member
To my fellow WL people, was there any info about being placed in a HPWL? My email just says the waitlist is "ranked and confidential" but I'm wondering if theres a separate HPWL and normal waitlist
MDwannabe01
Full Member
What does HPWL stand for?
I’m guessing high priority wait list
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
maindoctor42
Full Member
Reviewing last years threads (and feeding my neuroticism), it looked like the HPWL wasn't mentioned until closer to the spring... maybe that list is created/revealed closer to waitlist movement?
Does anyone know the odds of getting an A from a January interview at Stony Brook? I got an II last week but the only available dates were in January.
I also interviewed on the 24th, I did not hear back yet either. We're on the same boat. ****ting bricks ofc. 😕Has anyone that interviewed the week of October 24th heard back?? I saw that those with As typically head back by now so I’m starting to get paranoid 😵
(Also first ever post woohoo)
I'm praying we hear back next week at least. Anyone else on the late October train?
Me. Interviewed on the 20th and still nothing.I'm praying we hear back next week at least. Anyone else on the late October train?
Annie5861
Full Member
Here too! Late week of October. hoping this next week brings us some luckMe. Interviewed on the 20th and still nothing.
coolhuevos
Full Member
SBU is the only SUNY I haven't heard back from. I think my CASPER score is holding me back... I didn't know they placed so much weight on CASPER. But I guess it isn't over until it is over. Good luck everyone!!
I’m not sure what weight they place on Casper for the final decision, but I think they do let it slide for interview. I got a first quartile and yet was fortunate enough for an II.SBU is the only SUNY I haven't heard back from. I think my CASPER score is holding me back... I didn't know they placed so much weight on CASPER. But I guess it isn't over until it is over. Good luck everyone!!
notanorthobro
Full Member
II just now!
Congrats! Complete date?II just now!
notanorthobro
Full Member
Mid julyCongrats! Complete date?
futuredoc2478
Full Member
when are they scheduling up to?II just now!
notanorthobro
Full Member
I scheduled for late Feb but I didnt check if March had dates. Earliest available was end of Jan.when are they scheduling up to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
girlonamission11
Full Member
stats?II just now!
notanorthobro
Full Member
3.9x 52xstats?
soccercity15
Full Member
Any updates on when admissions decisions will be released? Thanks
I am anxiously waiting for my decision as well lolAny updates on when admissions decisions will be released? Thanks
soccercity15
Full Member
glad to know i am not alone hahaI am anxiously waiting for my decision as well lol