2023-2024 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you upload your LOI and email the admissions office to let them know? I submitted one last week, but not sure if they automatically will see it
I emailed them to let them know, and they said they had seen it. It couldn’t hurt to email them but I believe they’re notified when you do it.
 
Is there a facebook group/group me?

Also, any current students able to answer some questions?
 
Last edited:
They were doing interviews until like March 1st so I'm guessing formal WL status will prob be early May unless the last couple rounds were just for the wait-list. They didn't say that was the case though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's unlikely. From their website "For applicants who are offered a position on the waitlist, please note that the waitlist is not publicly ranked and our waitlist process will start in May. "
I’m sort of confused as to how they rank students, is it mostly based on intangibles or harder metrics?
 
Are the acceptance letters personalized? Mine had a portion of text in another color like it was edited haha
pretty sure it was a template because mine said:

"On behalf of the Committee on Admissions, I am delighted to congratulate you on your acceptance into the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont Class of 2027, entering in August 2023."
 
Do we think there will be another A wave on Thursday, or will we most likely have to wait until the first/second week of April?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are y'all bringing a parent/SO to closer look or going alone? I think i might be going alone due to cost so I hope that's not awkward lol
 
Are y'all bringing a parent/SO to closer look or going alone? I think i might be going alone due to cost so I hope that's not awkward lol
I went to the first one. My partner came with me to Vermont because I’m OOS but I went to closer look alone! I think most if not all people were solo at mine
 
I went to the first one. My partner came with me to Vermont because I’m OOS but I went to closer look alone! I think most if not all people were solo at mine
Awesome, I feel better now! Thanks everyone 🙂

Also how was closer look? Did they send more info closer to the date? Right now I don't really know what's happening 😅
 
Awesome, I feel better now! Thanks everyone 🙂

Also how was closer look? Did they send more info closer to the date? Right now I don't really know what's happening 😅
I thought it was pretty cool! They sent out a full schedule/agenda a few days before. I felt like I was in the dark before that so don’t worry! There was also a group chat link and invitations to a few social events the night before and right after
 
When is closer look? I’m assuming no chance for February interviewees since acceptances won’t be sent out till next Thursday or Thursday after that?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys think it would be a red flag for me to call them and see if they've reviewed my app yet lol. I'm usually pretty patient, but after 3 cycles of waiting til the buzzer I'm absolutely frothing at the mouth rn.
 
Did anyone get a scholarship email this week? They said the first round would go out this week but I haven't heard of anyone getting one as of rn
 
Did anyone get a scholarship email this week? They said the first round would go out this week but I haven't heard of anyone getting one as of rn
Nope, this is me all day today:
Smash Video Games GIF by HyperX