You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Vermont
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
nosleeep247
Full Member
Do they do Fridays?ok 12/13 crew today was not the day, I guess we wait more :')
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
anymore iis?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cryingpremed
Full Member
wondering the same thinganymore iis?
SuperSecret
Full Member
Can anyone sum up the difference between Vermont and Connecticut campuses?
I am OOS with no ties to either. Interested in continuing research through school.
While it is early to say, I will probably end up pursuing a "competitive" specialty, possibly ENT.
Thoughts?
I am OOS with no ties to either. Interested in continuing research through school.
While it is early to say, I will probably end up pursuing a "competitive" specialty, possibly ENT.
Thoughts?
ACKjp
Full Member
As someone who went to UVM undergrad and knows a bunch of people at Larner, do VT campus if you have no ties to CT. In one of the student Q&As, someone asked about applying to competitive specialties from CT. The CT student said “I think I heard of someone matching ophthalmology last year…”Can anyone sum up the difference between Vermont and Connecticut campuses?
I am OOS with no ties to either. Interested in continuing research through school.
While it is early to say, I will probably end up pursuing a "competitive" specialty, possibly ENT.
Thoughts?
From my experience this cycle it seems like main campus is always better than regional, despite what schools will tell you
Im thinking I should not have fessed up to my speeding ticket in their secondary 😆 I wish VT gave me some love. I'm guessing they are done with their interviews?
Oop yeah I think they only need you to disclose stuff other than traffic violations, good on you for being honest though! Shows character!!Im thinking I should not have fessed up to my speeding ticket in their secondary 😆 I wish VT gave me some love. I'm guessing they are done with their interviews?
Oop yeah I think they only need you to disclose stuff other than traffic violations, good on you for being honest though! Shows character!!
I honestly don’t remember what I put, I just remember this being something funny from secondary season. Lololol
This reminded me, I meant to say this for people submitting apps next year. I disclosed a speeding ticket to UVM and a few other schools that asked and got interviews at 2 of those schools, so for next year's class of nervous applicants, I really don't think it matters or affects interview chances. I think they just want to make sure you don't have like 10 speeding tickets or anything crazy lol.Oop yeah I think they only need you to disclose stuff other than traffic violations, good on you for being honest though! Shows character!!
I wasn't apologetic in my explanation either, I was kind of annoyed they asked as I didn't feel like it should be a disqualifier for my ability to be a dr, so I may have even been slightly flippant in my explanation and I still got interviews.
boulderbro12
Full Member
Does anyone know if it is advisable to send in a letter of intent/continued interest while on DD status? For info I interviewed early October and have been on DD since December.
outfishing
Full Member
Yes, I think it's totally fine! They said in the email we can keep them updated on our activities so you can build it as an update letter as well.Does anyone know if it is advisable to send in a letter of intent/continued interest while on DD status? For info I interviewed early October and have been on DD since December.
boulderbro12
Full Member
Unfortunately I don't have any meaningful update to provide 🙃Yes, I think it's totally fine! They said in the email we can keep them updated on our activities so you can build it as an update letter as well.
What even counts as a meaningful update, I have a letter of intent/update that I’ve written that just has one ‘meaningful’ update, but what does that even mean to these people. Venting a bit because frustrated but ya knowUnfortunately I don't have any meaningful update to provide 🙃
Bropro
Full Member
I think the point of updates leters and interest letters are to let a school know you are still interested and care enough to share ongoing things with them. I think very few people have updates so impactful that they move the needle on their app.What even counts as a meaningful update, I have a letter of intent/update that I’ve written that just has one ‘meaningful’ update, but what does that even mean to these people. Venting a bit because frustrated but ya know
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cutie3141592
Full Member
How spaced apart do we think update letters/letter of intent should be to be most effective? I'm sure there are a lot of us on DD who are willing to send a letter of intent. When do we think is the most effective time to send one? Part of me wants to keep the letter of intent in my back pocket for if I get WL because I feel like a LOI would have more effect for WL movement than DD movement but i'm flying blind with how this DD movement works. seems like a lot of people get an A without even sending anything.I think the point of updates leters and interest letters are to let a school know you are still interested and care enough to share ongoing things with them. I think very few people have updates so impactful that they move the needle on their app.
I just got waitlisted at another school that I thought would reject me outright, which my parents really want me to go to over Vermont if possible. I was DD on January 18, UVM is where I did my pre med and I have a letter locked and loaded to send but I’m getting pressure to alter it to a letter of strong interest instead. I’m so torn. I guess there’s nothing stopping me from sending a letter of interest and then a letter of intent later? I’m in existential agony lol
Bropro
Full Member
I think if you are on the WL for a while then a letter of intent/interest may help, but I can't imagine it would be much different than sending it now while on DD.How spaced apart do we think update letters/letter of intent should be to be most effective? I'm sure there are a lot of us on DD who are willing to send a letter of intent. When do we think is the most effective time to send one? Part of me wants to keep the letter of intent in my back pocket for if I get WL because I feel like a LOI would have more effect for WL movement than DD movement but i'm flying blind with how this DD movement works. seems like a lot of people get an A without even sending anything.
I do not think letters of interest/intent carry as much weight as we would like them to. As you said, most people on DD could be sending in letters of intent (and nothing is stopping them from doing that). Nobody except people on the admissions team knows the right answer, so I think the best thing you can do is advocate for yourself and hope for the best.
boulderbro12
Full Member
I’ve been involved in the same two positions I was in when I submitted my primary. So for me, a meaningful update would be if I had a new activity, publication, or recognition etcWhat even counts as a meaningful update, I have a letter of intent/update that I’ve written that just has one ‘meaningful’ update, but what does that even mean to these people. Venting a bit because frustrated but ya know
Bro legitimagine being pranked by your 800th student ambassador email (me 30 seconds ago)
cryingpremed
Full Member
Pre-II rejection 🙁
Pre-II R. Goodluck to everyone who interviewed or is interviewing!
no.green.ham
Full Member
Pre-II R, OOS -g luck y’all [emoji1365]
OOS Pre-II R, sad about this one
entropymania
Full Member
OOS pre-II R, complete 8/28. No skiing for me [emoji21]
OOS Pre II R. Knew it was coming but still stings
OOS Pre-II R, sad about this one
OOS Pre II R. Knew it was coming but still stings
When were you complete ?
8/15When were you complete ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS pre II R just now 🙁 this one hurt
OOS pre-II R an hour ago, complete 8/31. 9 more schools left to hear from
Last edited:
Pre-II R. They're done for the cycle.
+1Pre-II R. They're done for the cycle.
D
deleted1181303
OOS R
Cant get em all hahaOOS R
hopefulapplicant!
Full Member
Do we expect post-II decision movement today/tomorrow since the March 15 deadline is approaching or is that wishful thinking?
I'm at a mere 7 weeks post interview so buckling up to wait a lot longer
I'm at a mere 7 weeks post interview so buckling up to wait a lot longer
Bropro
Full Member
I'm on week 13 and admissions told me they already made a decision so i'm really hoping it's today :')Do we expect post-II decision movement today/tomorrow since the March 15 deadline is approaching or is that wishful thinking?
I'm at a mere 7 weeks post interview so buckling up to wait a lot longer
cuddlycactus
Full Member
They told you they already made decisions? What’s the hold up then lolI'm on week 13 and admissions told me they already made a decision so i'm really hoping it's today :')
Bropro
Full Member
Yeah I asked about it because 12/13 was skipped in the last wave and they told me i would hear in march/april lol. But they only meet once a month so it could be the next two weeks also :|They told you they already made decisions? What’s the hold up then lol
cuddlycactus
Full Member
Such a bizarre process. I interviewed early Jan so I’m hoping to hear back by end of the month tooYeah I asked about it because 12/13 was skipped in the last wave and they told me i would hear in march/april lol. But they only meet once a month so it could be the next two weeks also :|
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Such a bizarre process. I interviewed early Jan so I’m hoping to hear back by end of the month too
Interviewed in February so probably won't hear til April lol. But I'm holding out hope it'll be early April and not late April.
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
If things go like last year, us DD folks won't see any movement until May unfortunatelyWhen do we think the next decision wave will be? Interviewed in December and am DD
So it's like an unofficial WL?If things go like last year, us DD folks won't see any movement until May unfortunately
StretcherPusher826
Full Member
Somewhat... I do actually think that they want to keep seats open until interview season is over, which is why there are usually more DDs than As with each decision release. But DD does feel like a WL due to the timeline lolSo it's like an unofficial WL?