Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What switches you using bro
Oil kings all DAY
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What switches you using bro
nopeeDid anyone get a scholarship email this week? They said the first round would go out this week but I haven't heard of anyone getting one as of rn
is the scholarship acceptance binding?
Did you get anything? Also i don’t think so
Sorry for a small rant but I'm feeling so frustrated with DD right now because I don't know whether to start the reapplication process (which I desperately don't want to do lol) but if I don't get in I'm going to be behind for all of the early steps for primaries. I am so lost and confused. I know I should be preparing for another cycle but the delusional part of my brain doesn't want to go through even one part of this soul sucking process again if there's that small sliver of hope that I'll get in. This cycle has gone so much worse than I could have imagined! And I need them to tell me if I have to do it again so I can at least mentally prepare!
Ok that's it rant is #over but thanks for listening xo
Nope, I don’t think so. I did this, sent and LOI and turns out my app was up for review that same day. So no harm in doing so!Do you guys think it would be a red flag for me to call them and see if they've reviewed my app yet lol. I'm usually pretty patient, but after 3 cycles of waiting til the buzzer I'm absolutely frothing at the mouth rn.
Would the scholarship offer be a separate email from the Financial Aid/FAFSA email that was just sent out? / Has anyone received a scholarship email yet?
Are you on delayed decision?Do you guys think it would be a red flag for me to call them and see if they've reviewed my app yet lol. I'm usually pretty patient, but after 3 cycles of waiting til the buzzer I'm absolutely frothing at the mouth rn.
Not a red flag at all full send itAre you on delayed decision?
Not a red flag at all full send it
Why do they do this to us!!!Full sent! They told me a decision had been made last week about me, but they weren't allowed to tell me whether it was accepted or delayed decision. They told me I should hear back via email within a couple of weeks 🥴
Full sent! They told me a decision had been made last week about me, but they weren't allowed to tell me whether it was accepted or delayed decision. They told me I should hear back via email within a couple of weeks [emoji3061]
Love the pfpthat’s cruel but also exciting! it doesn’t make much sense to me to be putting people on DD mid april. I wish schools had a deadline for when to A WL or R people so we don’t have to deal with the ambiguity of a deferral this late in the cycle
When did you interview again?Full sent! They told me a decision had been made last week about me, but they weren't allowed to tell me whether it was accepted or delayed decision. They told me I should hear back via email within a couple of weeks 🥴
So if not this week, then the 18th or 25th? Or else we are into May and I thought that was when the deferrals become waitlists.Full sent! They told me a decision had been made last week about me, but they weren't allowed to tell me whether it was accepted or delayed decision. They told me I should hear back via email within a couple of weeks 🥴
When did you interview again?
So if not this week, then the 18th or 25th? Or else we are into May and I thought that was when the deferrals become waitlists.
Usually the admissions people answering emails don't have access to the committee decisions or know when emails get sent out so they have to be vague. When I emailed last month they told me the same thing (a decision has been made and you will hear back in the next few weeks) and I got my decision during the next wave!They didn't give me that much info lol. All I know is that she said I could hear within a few weeks. So it might be this week but might also be a few weeks from now.
2/10 herehow many interview dates are waiting to hear back? 2/23 and 3/1?
Is the idea that everyone will be told either A, WL, or R in this April wave? Since we’re coming up to the May 1st deadline?
what is PTE?last year looks like the DD -> A or WL wave was may 1 and 2 and that was after they made some mid-April decisions so i’m not getting my hopes up about a massive wave if they keep the same kinetics as last year. My overthinking makes me think they wanna see what DD people have PTE at other schools and they can see that after April 30.. maybe that’s why they wait? idk i’m prob just going crazy [emoji2957]
Plan to enroll. Essentially saying they are your top choice for the time being but you're not fully set on going there yet (like if you're on waitlists).what is PTE?
They didn't give me that much info lol. All I know is that she said I could hear within a few weeks. So it might be this week but might also be a few weeks from n
what does pression mean?DD-pression
DD + pression = Depressionwhat does pression mean?
ohhh haha facts lolDD + pression = Depression
It’s a glorified waitlist at this point. Don’t get why UVM still calls it DD at this point in the cycle. It doesn’t look like much movement happened last April 15th though. Looks like it’ll mostly happen on May 1st and afterWhat’s the point of DD this late in the game tho if we just need to wait til next week
My assumption is that they're now going to take the stack of DDs and compare them to each other. So they spent the last few weeks distilling apps into either A or DD piles and now they're going to go through the DD pile all at once.What’s the point of DD this late in the game tho if we just need to wait til next week
My assumption is that they're now going to take the stack of DDs and compare them to each other. So they spent the last few weeks distilling apps into either A or DD piles and now they're going to go through the DD pile all at once.
Wait that's a good question, what is the math on this? How many applicants do they interview throughout the season and about how many are immediate As? I kind of want to know how many DD people they have on the list 😢the DD pile is gonna be like 400+ applicants so i’m hoping they’ve done at least some evaluation of each DD’d person already
In the interview, they said they interview around 610, and accept 344. It’s safe to assume that they aren’t going to accept too much more than their class size during the app cycle, so they probably have accepted anywhere between 124 and 200 (124 matriculants - MSAR) so far.Wait that's a good question, what is the math on this? How many applicants do they interview throughout the season and about how many are immediate As? I kind of want to know how many DD people they have on the list 😢
In the interview, they said they interview around 610, and accept 344. It’s safe to assume that they aren’t going to accept too much more than their class size during the app cycle, so they probably have accepted anywhere between 124 and 200 (124 matriculants - MSAR) so far.
i bet this is accurate my guess is based on the timing of the movement that the open spots from people who withdraw by April 30 they will first fill with DD people like may 1 -2 and waitlist the rest then as people withdraw after April 30th they fill those spots with WL people. i think there’s decent movement for both DD and WL to A compared to other schools because uvm is so conservative with their acceptances so I’m hanging on to hope but i’m probably being way too optimistic
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.